Liz Earle TSV - 06/02/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Busy, I don't really need it- perhaps I should get Loveheart on my case. I think she'd 'persuade' me not to buy.

:mysmilie_348:

Can't I persuade you not to buy it Sharon? No? Well.....................:mysmilie_11:

re lizearle tsv

Thinking of buying 6 so should be 6 months worth , or for rachel my daughter and i 3 months each ,then she can toddle back to st andrews uni with her stash then next tsv be due we would use all of the items,after last couple months we deserve a treat ,so very happy with this one ,as sat (had nothing better to do )and worked it out to be around £83 75 and that wasnot putting price on the parfum sample so half price ,and good sizes :mysmilie_687:

They should do a body one for a change...full size body scrub/shower gel/body lotion/energising gel and then half size c&p, mini toner, mini moisturiser, mini superbalm.

:mysmilie_348: This sounds like a great idea and about time - TSV's are getting boring!!! I would defo buy if it was a body collection. We wait in anticipation ..... :mysmilie_374:

Is anyone else going to the workshop evening at the Kings road shop next week? If I can get a babysitter I am going to make a point of asking about the almond milk issue-maybe even taking some of the comments from here! I have printed off the picture of the c&p on the ebay seconds shop to show that it used to be listed as the first ingredient (so presumably was considered quite important!)

Watch it SuziQ... that could go down like a lead balloon lol lol!!! And if Liz is actually there... and you're actually pointing to an ingredients list... well, frankly, she'll just want to run off as fast as she can back to thebeautifulisleofwhyte with her head in her hands, crying why, why won't these thinking people just goooooo awaaaaaaaaay! ;)

I don't think she will be there,mariecat. I was been told it is the head of treatments who will be holding the workshops and doing the talk.It's only an hour and a half-not worth Liz coming up from her dorset estate I would say! I can't not raise the matter-even if the person who is hosting doesn't want to answer the question I am going to give her a letter to Liz and her partner to ask if she can make a statement about it,pointing out it has been a hot topic here! I just hope I can get to it,won't know until next week.

I don't believe a public gathering is the place to bring something like this up; it is quite tactless imo. However, a letter outlining the issue/concerns in a formal and courteous manner (not just 'copy and paste' comments made amongst friends) and adressed to Liz may carry some weight and have a desired impact.

I don't believe a public gathering is the place to bring something like this up; it is quite tactless imo. However, a letter outlining the issue/concerns in a formal and courteous manner (not just 'copy and paste' comments made amongst friends) and adressed to Liz may carry some weight and have a desired impact.

Doubt it will have any impact I don't buy LE stuff - am seriously allergic to something she uses a lot of (don't know what) and when I returned the offending item I sent a letter to LE personally. Got a bog standard, photocopied letter basically two lines, saying she hoped QVC refunded!

P xx

Doubt it will have any impact I don't buy LE stuff - am seriously allergic to something she uses a lot of (don't know what) and when I returned the offending item I sent a letter to LE personally. Got a bog standard, photocopied letter basically two lines, saying she hoped QVC refunded!

P xx

Fair enough. It is better when they do not behave appropriately. You can always take your custom elsewhere; it is their loss. Have you tried the Akin range at all, Aranlady? The cleanser is as good, if not better, as C&P.

xxxx

Have you tried the Akin range at all, Aranlady? The cleanser is as good, if not better, as C&P.

Or even the new Elemis Pro Radiance Cleanser? Tried this as part of the recent TSV & just ordered a second one, love it! Now I'm a big LE fan but have to say the Elemis cleanser is, I think, far superior & I actually have a bit of a healthy glow to my naturally rather sallow complexion....for a change, so won't be rushing back to C&P anytime soon I'm sorry to say!

Or even the new Elemis Pro Radiance Cleanser? Tried this as part of the recent TSV & just ordered a second one, love it! Now I'm a big LE fan but have to say the Elemis cleanser is, I think, far superior & I actually have a bit of a healthy glow to my naturally rather sallow complexion....for a change, so won't be rushing back to C&P anytime soon I'm sorry to say!

Thank you for the recommendation, kitten. I need to try this. I am already using the Elemis sensitive wash with the German Chamomile. It is really nice. This winter, my skin has been very dry and sensitive to weather conditions. I had to switch to A'kin (night) and the new shea L'Occitane range (day). I still find quite beneficial the LE routine (C&P, exfoliator, mask, nourishing mask, skin tonic), once or twice a week.

Thank you for the recommendation, kitten. I need to try this. I am already using the Elemis sensitive wash with the German Chamomile. It is really nice. This winter, my skin has been very dry and sensitive to weather conditions. I had to switch to A'kin (night) and the new shea L'Occitane range (day). I still find quite beneficial the LE routine (C&P, exfoliator, mask, nourishing mask, skin tonic), once or twice a week.

The Elemis cleanser was a bit of a shock at first after the lovely fresh, herby smells of C&P & tbh, I thought it smelt a teensy weensy bit like baby sick when I first tried it but I got used to it after a couple of days & now I really like it!

It is a slightly more mousse like texture than C&P but does not leave the slightly oily film behind that C&P seems to, although it requires comparable amounts of rinsing off! (LE muslin cloths work very well with it!)
I have also noticed that I use considerably less of the Elemis cleanser than of C&P, so think the price may not be quite as so much of a jump up as I first thought!

I also use LE's Nourishing Mask (very soothing & also very soporific I find! lol) & could never give up on the LE Exfoliator as the smell is just heavenly! lol
I have also continued to use LE IBST, as I've never found a toner I like better & am happy with this combo, along with Elemis PCMC, which suits my normal to slightly oily (bit hormonal!) skin very well!

HTH

p.s. I also have the most sensitive eyes ever (face not too bad!) & although hesitant at first, am happy to use the Elemis cleanser all over eye area, just as I would with C&P, which is great as most 'eye make-up removers' irritate the heck out of me & make my eyes all sore & itchy! :)

The Elemis cleanser was a bit of a shock at first after the lovely fresh, herby smells of C&P & tbh, I thought it smelt a teensy weensy bit like baby sick when I first tried it but I got used to it after a couple of days & now I really like it!

It is a slightly more mousse like texture than C&P but does not leave the slightly oily film behind that C&P seems to, although it requires comparable amounts of rinsing off! (LE muslin cloths work very well with it!)
I have also noticed that I use considerably less of the Elemis cleanser than of C&P, so think the price may not be quite as so much of a jump up as I first thought!

I also use LE's Nourishing Mask (very soothing & also very soporific I find! lol) & could never give up on the LE Exfoliator as the smell is just heavenly! lol
I have also continued to use LE IBST, as I've never found a toner I like better & am happy with this combo, along with Elemis PCMC, which suits my normal to slightly oily (bit hormonal!) skin very well!

HTH

p.s. I also have the most sensitive eyes ever (face not too bad!) & although hesitant at first, am happy to use the Elemis cleanser all over eye area, just as I would with C&P, which is great as most 'eye make-up removers' irritate the heck out of me & make my eyes all sore & itchy! :)

Totally agree. :mysmilie_687:

Latest posts

Back