Liz Earle TSV 19/05/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn’t she have a fall out with one of the QVC presenters? Or did I make that up… 😂
I do know that Liz and Alison Young had a very difficult relationship towards the end of Liz’s tenure. It was specifically mentioned somewhere and I picked up on it!

There are feature adverts on the Daily Mail online every day. There are a variety of different companies, lots of beauty that I have not heard of, and there are a lot of Amazon products.

It must pay to advertise this way as so much is online now and so many people stream their tv programmes so do not channel hop.

That’s the thing Noni QVC have never paid to advertise anywhere previously. This is a first, as far as I am aware.

They only ever did advertising through their TV channel or on their website.

So, that does feed in to the fact that sales are down and the profits have gone from £60 million to £6 million in 2022/2023 financial year!

I watched a bit of the 1'o clock hour, they were talking about an eye cream.
Caroline said that recently her eyes had become very dry and lined, so she needed said eye cream.

Did no other LE products help with this before now? what about all this 'slowing down the clock' lark they used to go on about. ;)

I do know that Liz and Alison Young had a very difficult relationship towards the end of Liz’s tenure. It was specifically mentioned somewhere and I picked up on it!
That might have been it. Wonder what happened there…

For quite a few years, Liz and Alison never appeared together. It was only when Liz was doing shows before moving on. All very polite with each other.

Now, rumours had it that Liz brought her own makeup artist with her and also used a special golden light effect that made her look flawless. Alison did not like that. Suddenly one show Liz was on and loads on here said OMG look at her eye bags!!! And yes she had large noticeable eye bags. So did someone forget to turn on the special golden light effect, and we saw the real Liz Earle? The whole these product work wonders was shattered.

The golden light is used quite a lot on TV to make whoever have a flawless, smooth skin look.

For quite a few years, Liz and Alison never appeared together. It was only when Liz was doing shows before moving on. All very polite with each other.

Now, rumours had it that Liz brought her own makeup artist with her and also used a special golden light effect that made her look flawless. Alison did not like that. Suddenly one show Liz was on and loads on here said OMG look at her eye bags!!! And yes she had large noticeable eye bags. So did someone forget to turn on the special golden light effect, and we saw the real Liz Earle? The whole these product work wonders was shattered.

The golden light is used quite a lot on TV to make whoever have a flawless, smooth skin look.
Oh my goodness I remember hearing that now…. 😂

Liz Earle has too many products like Elemis . Keep what works and dump the rest.
Core products with simple routines.
Totally agree. That was always the image of LE… ow they seem to be launching new products every five minutes…

I have never considered Alison Young an expert, I think Liz Earle saw through her. I have been with Q since the early days when AY was in her twenties, you have learned beauty by that time, but you do not qualify as an expert for quite a few years' experiences under your belt, so that's why for me. I think she got the deal of her life by being in the right place at the right time, personally!

So Liz Earle is a bit of a fraud then - the Emperor’s new clothes as a saying springs to mind!

I found this whilst hoofing around on the internet. Seems Liz was making a huge vat of almond milk. The same that used to go in the original C&P! Maybe she always had her own unique supply separately to the consumer!

Anyway, it seems Avon sold it for £140 million so I guess that Avon bought it off Liz and Kim for circa £50 - £75 million. 😕

Liz Earle has too many products like Elemis . Keep what works and dump the rest.
Core products with simple routines.
Unfortunately, that is not how the beauty industry works. Even in the days when Liz owned the company, they brought out new products. The Superskin range aimed at older skin, the sun care ranges, strange her fake tan, was the only one that did not make me itch. The perfumes and the makeup, the latter dumped. Who remembers the balm, sold in large or small pots. You could use on your skin and nails? The blusher brush was only £12 and the best one ever for me. Boots/Walgreen, who now own Liz Earle beauty, know how quickly customers get bored, and it is all about selling more and more so they need new customers and making money. So products get dumped down with cheaper ingredients which cost less, but they charge more. Boots no7 range back in the day was quite simple, and now it is all new products released numerous times a year.

Caroline Archer posted that there are two more TSVs over the summer….i think she said July and August. Plus product of the month for June as already mentioned. A limited C&P….
Hey can you tell me where she posted that on social because can't see it and would like to follow, thanks.

I popped into Boots at Bluewater today and tried some of the new Superskin moisturiser. Not keen on the smell, although let’s face it, the original Superskin is a bit pungent! But the texture didn’t feel that moisturising… don’t think I would bother.

Latest posts

Back