L'occitane bogus clinical studies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I SUPPOSE there ARE plonkers out there who really believe that rubbing cream into your skin would make you lose weight !

Only one way to lose weight - don't eat, and if you need help with that, just think of the poor souls around the world who haven't enough to eat, and the prisoners of war who were given just enough to survive (I'm thinking Burma railway here), and that should make you think whether you need another donut or not.

Well, I SUPPOSE there ARE plonkers out there who really believe that rubbing cream into your skin would make you lose weight !

Only one way to lose weight - don't eat, and if you need help with that, just think of the poor souls around the world who haven't enough to eat, and the prisoners of war who were given just enough to survive (I'm thinking Burma railway here), and that should make you think whether you need another donut or not.

I think exercise plays an important part in losing weight, eating less also helps.

Americans do seem to believe so much crap about beauty products and what they will do. Just look at the US ladies with all the work done, who come over telling us about the amazing brand they are pushing and what it will do. Joan Rivers skincare range did brilliantly on QVC US, her surgeon had more to do with how her skin looks(chemical peels).

That gel stuff over here was sold as a toning product.

This is in America, it wasn't promoted in UK in same way!

Whether they did it here or not is irrelevant, it still shows us that L'occitane, as a company, are quite happy to act unethically if they can get away with it.

I was sent a tub of L'Occitane Almond Shaping Creme as part of my Beauty Bible testing bundle. I have to say that I was highly sceptible and a 100% predisposed to NOT believing that it would have any impact whatsoever. However, I did the required split trial and rubbed it daily into 1 hip and thigh but not the other. I did not measure my thighs as I was already on a diet Ann exercise regime, so felt that any reduction in seize would be due to that, not a cream. However, it was absolutely stunned to find that it made a very noticeable difference to the appearence of cellulite on the treated leg. Still don't think it can make you lose weight though!

I think a lot of brands sail very close to the wind with some of the claims they make about their products. Some people believe it, some don`t and I`ve heard more than my fair share of borderline ridiculous statements on Q , TV ads and in shops. This time L`Occitane have paid the price but it`s just a drop in the ocean. Let`s face it, people are always looking for the next big beauty thing and many are happy to pay through the nose for it and swallow the hype.

You do have to wonder about people who think rubbing a cream on will make them lose body fat though, don't you.

I agree with Apple; l'occitane like to profess their stance on anti animal testing; the principles of the company were totally disregarded, when the opportunity to trade in China presented itself so, making false claims is small fry in comparison. The profit earned on the products which incurred the fines for the companies involved, made the fines almost inconsequential. I do believe, however, that the consumer of said products need to accept as much responsibility; if one is convinced that sprinkling powder on one's food, or applying a body cream, will result in weight loss, one is either delusional or desperate. The only way to lose weight, is to put less calories into the body.

The trouble is the Daily Mail every week are telling us the latest beauty buzz and this celeb uses it. And so many rush to buy it. Longer lashes, the mascara with the false insets. The airbrushed magazine ads or using a 18 year old to sell anti aging. Beauty is all about the fantasy, its like Disney and the Some Day My Prince Will Come. Women jump on it.

The non stop ads on Facebook, X lied about their weight loss, its Raspberry crap, or wonder cream how X looks so fantastic. Trial offer and next thing they are hit will hundreds coming out of their bank accounts because they don't read the ****** small print. I get angry and wonder "Why Are Women Such ****** Morons!!!" To fall for this ****? Then they are on the Money Saving Site in Rave, Rant and Praise screaming they have been scammed.

There is no wonder cream! There is no wonder diet product!

Alexith Murdoch will have to flog a few more thoapth to pay off that fine. I'm gonna buy a shea butter soap when I next go into Debenhams so that will help!

Latest posts

Back