LOGO ... just when you thought QVC fashion couldn't get any worse

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I've got QVC on in the background on mute. We have that "stylist" with the utterly ridiculous badger hair style looking terrible - so no credibility whatsoever... I don't care if she styles X Factor or Britain's Got Talent or whatever... if you look like a kid in a dressy-up box you won't be styling me.

They put the plus size model in a get-up which Debbie Flint will have wanted to buy and wear... and probably nobody else with sense would have wanted anything to do with.

The plus size model was wearing a shark-bite tunic with a deep contrast band (just to emphasise your widest points) with drapey pockets on the border between main colour and contrast band... lined in white on a putty coloured contrast band. Worn with skin-tight jeans or jeggings on the lower half and finished off with about the most unpleasant looking cardigan I've seen in a long while - bulky, baggy with what they call lace but looked like chunky crochet cut-out at the back.

All of the models looked awful in everything they were wearing.

This range seems to try to do layering on the cheap. Yes, it's more affordable than dear old Yong Kim, but putting all the layers into one garment with mismatched colours and textures just makes everything look badly made.

How any of them can call this fashion, and style with a straight face... I bow to their acting talents, because it is anything but.

Couldn`t agree more !! I only flicked over for a minute in the commercials and saw a cream cardigan that could easily double for a blanket for a double bed over a black or navy voluminous tunic top which had a gathered frill at the bottom in cream or white that looked like it was an old curtain stitched on as an after thought Oh and yes it had pockets too!! That poor girl wanted bonus money for appearing on TV in that get up It was absolutely disgusting and must take the prize for the worst ever `fashion` QVC has ever sold !!

Never seen this range before - turned on to see, as you say MML, someone who looked like an unmade bed, with a badger hairstyle, presenting a range of truly awful 'fashion'. Does she ever look in the mirror at all? Words fail me. Stop the world I need to get off.

Everything smacks cheap in this range; and all the designers from Renee to Anttony and now Logo are churning out 'garments' in this thin, clingy, washes-like-a-dishrag jersey fabric. When presenting on the hanger a lot of the creases are still visible - if staffers at Q cant get the wrinkles out then what chance have we ? Its clearly a cheap to buy material, and because Q want 'pieces' to fit a range of sizing, then we get the thrown together designs with a thrown together guest presenter to flog it to us.

And anyway, WHO are Q targeting to buy this cr.p ? I know anything goes these days regardless of age, and its more about style, but dear Lord this is stuff you find in a teenagers' cheap fashion shop, - they'll be expecting us to wear Doc Martins soon !

So much of Q`s fashion smacks of the unmade bed or just got out of bed look. Big, baggy, dull colours, uneven hems, looks tatty even when brand new, shapeless and unflattering on most shapes. Even the models look dire in most of them. This range is no different.
I just don`t get it !
They`re supposedly aiming for the solvent adult woman and yet most of their clothes remind me of Manchester City centre on a weekday when all the Uni and Design College students are out in force and you see them looking great in their layered baggy outfits but none of them are older than 22 and they just have the knack of wearing this style of clothes.
I`m wondering if their ever so young buyers and stylists simply don`t know how to or just don`t want to style older women.

Exactly the point I was trying to make Vienna, and you put it much better. Clearly the 'kids' at Q (buyers and stylists) are only catering for their age group and not for older audience that make up the greater majority of viewers. Funny how the likes of the more mature models like Tiffany, Katherine's Mum, and Jane Goody rarely, if ever, model this rubbish with flouncy chiffon hems.

Must admit went in Primark Wednesday after lunch with a former work colleague and a lot of the clothes were better than a lot of Q's offerings.

Must admit went in Primark Wednesday after lunch with a former work colleague and a lot of the clothes were better than a lot of Q's offerings.

With the way things are going that won`t be difficult ..I`ve been watching and buying sometimes from QVC for about 8 years which in comparison to some of you is nothing but even in that time I`ve noticed quality has gone down where clothing is concerned !! Choice is a thing of the past as its all so samey and getting hard to distinguish one brand from another apart from Kim`s offerings with her prints !!

i agree with these comments, and the stylist, I have no idea who she is, apart from having seen her on Q several times. I often wonder what the team who buy at Q think their customers want to look like, and what they're willing to spend on tat - I have a thing about most American designers, and ranges - and i've said on here often, what goes down well in the States is not necessary what goes down well here. I believe we are far more choosy and discerning than the average American woman, and one of the reasons I'm saying this is because I lived in the States and I know a little bit of what I speak from my daily, weekly contacts with women there. I sometimes feel they patronize us viewer/shoppers OMG the top name is MARVERINE, I can't stand her.

I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years and was never once tempted to buy any clothing, the prices are ridiculous for what you get, I seen a viscose top once on QVC for £97 plus £4.95 p&p, I bought a pack of two from IW on free p&p day for £24.99 and they're absolutely gorgeous, wash well, fit perfectly, my point being there's no reason except greed for QVC to charge what they do.

What used to make me laugh though was these youngsters (they brought the "stylists" out once and yes I think youngsters is the right word) send the models out in black, black! were the customer can't see the detail, or they send them out with necklaces or scarves draped over the garment that hides what they actually want to sell..........ah well that's kids for you.

I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years and was never once tempted to buy any clothing, the prices are ridiculous for what you get, I seen a viscose top once on QVC for £97 plus £4.95 p&p, I bought a pack of two from IW on free p&p day for £24.99 and they're absolutely gorgeous, wash well, fit perfectly, my point being there's no reason except greed for QVC to charge what they do.

What used to make me laugh though was these youngsters (they brought the "stylists" out once and yes I think youngsters is the right word) send the models out in black, black! were the customer can't see the detail, or they send them out with necklaces or scarves draped over the garment that hides what they actually want to sell..........ah well that's kids for you.

Last summer I got 3 plain tops in modal, viscose, and a bit of elastine £3.99 each from Aldi. White, grey and a peachy colour. The fit is good and they wash well. OK not for going out but fine for everyday. Take the white one on holiday for daywear.

I haven't bought clothes from IW - mainly because I prefer natural fabrics, such as cotton - but I must say they do have some very pretty tops at very good prices, a fraction of what you'd pay at Q and these packs of 2 items work out so cheap. £97 plus p&p for a viscose top at Q is just ridiculous - but as I've said before, if people are willing to pay it, then Q must be wetting themselves laughing all the way to the bank.

For everyday tops and T shirts I go to Asda, Matalan, Bon Marche but I`m retired so I no longer need smart tops or blouses for work.
For smarter tops for going out or social events I call into a nearby branch of Roman Originals and try them on, find out which ones suit me and what size I need and then I either wait for their online sale or until they send me a discount code because I`m registered with them and then order online.

I haven't bought clothes from IW - mainly because I prefer natural fabrics, such as cotton - but I must say they do have some very pretty tops at very good prices, a fraction of what you'd pay at Q and these packs of 2 items work out so cheap. £97 plus p&p for a viscose top at Q is just ridiculous - but as I've said before, if people are willing to pay it, then Q must be wetting themselves laughing all the way to the bank.

You wanna try viscose H it's a lovely soft fabric, I think it's natural comes from wood I think.

Latest posts

Back