Lola Rose Bracelet TSV 16/07/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hardly going to set the world on fire is it? I like LR (but not the prices for the really nice stuff) but this is beyond boring.

We had an alfie TSV once before didn't we, or as an upsell from the similar necklace? These bracelets look nice but the "clacking" drives me nuts in a very short time, especially if I'm typing on my laptop or eating dinner. (I had a set of clackers back in the day (1971 ish) and I got pretty good at it until my school banned them from the playground)

I think that this one is the Cassidy not the Alfie, as the Alfie has seven bigger stones and the Cassidy has nine stones slightly smaller but similar shaped stones. You can see what I mean if you have a look on the Lola Rose site. I bought an Alfie from QVC some time ago but found it to be too heavy on my wrist, not keen on the clacking stones either with the bigger bracelets but I don't mind so much with smaller ones like the Tabitha and Nadine as it doesn't seem so bad with those. I agree that it doesn't seem different enough from the norm to warrant a TSV, a bit boring IMO.

We had an alfie TSV once before didn't we, or as an upsell from the similar necklace? These bracelets look nice but the "clacking" drives me nuts in a very short time, especially if I'm typing on my laptop or eating dinner. (I had a set of clackers back in the day (1971 ish) and I got pretty good at it until my school banned them from the playground)

Oh I had a pair of clackers too, I remember them bashing against my hands while trying to master them. Ah happy memories.

Oh I had a pair of clackers too, I remember them bashing against my hands while trying to master them. Ah happy memories.
Well that's an act in the making for the next Britain's Got Talent series. You and Akimbo get practicing and I'm sure we can guarantee lots of votes from Shopping Telly forum members !

Well that's an act in the making for the next Britain's Got Talent series. You and Akimbo get practicing and I'm sure we can guarantee lots of votes from Shopping Telly forum members !

Ok I am off to practice - now where did I put them - do you think I could get my space hopper in on the act too, or even better the stilts my Dad made for me? The mind boggles at the possibilities.

I was pretty good at elastic skipping, cat's cradle and these skipping things (can't remember what they were called):

Attachments

• tumblr_m2ta388veR1rp9ba4o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_m2ta388veR1rp9ba4o1_400.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 182
I was pretty good at elastic skipping, cat's cradle and these skipping things (can't remember what they were called):

I had those too, haven't seen one in decades! you put the hoop around one ankle and spun the other bit round and jumped over it didn't you?

Oh I had one of those too! Great fun. And a pogo stick - boing. I loved elastic skipping. :mysmilie_85:

You've all sent me off on a trip down memory lane, doesn't take much to send us off at a tangent does it? I don't remember Akimbo's piccie though, thought it was an item of torture at first !

What about hula hoops? I never mastered one. Would quite like to.

Oh I remember those, I used to have a bright orange one and was quite good with it. I think I could do with getting another one now, I think they are supposed to be quite good for whittling down a waistline.
PS. Are we all going to be made to sit on the naughty step soon for going off subject ?

Oh I remember those, I used to have a bright orange one and was quite good with it. I think I could do with getting another one now, I think they are supposed to be quite good for whittling down a waistline.
PS. Are we all going to be made to sit on the naughty step soon for going off subject ?

Well if we do get put on the naughty step we can play 'jacks' whilst we are there.

Ahh... I was good a hula hoops and skipping, but not at jacks or fives so I hated that season. Funny how the seasons merged into each other seamlessly. I can remember one for french knitting when we all had cotton reels with nails and bits of wool.

I think this thread is all the fault of this really, REALLY boring TSV bracelet when there's so many nice items in her collection. If you like LR, keep an eye on her website. I've just bought a necklace half price, down from £79 to £39, which is a much more realistic price imho.

Ahh... I was good a hula hoops and skipping, but not at jacks or fives so I hated that season. Funny how the seasons merged into each other seamlessly. I can remember one for french knitting when we all had cotton reels with nails and bits of wool.

I think this thread is all the fault of this really, REALLY boring TSV bracelet when there's so many nice items in her collection. If you like LR, keep an eye on her website. I've just bought a necklace half price, down from £79 to £39, which is a much more realistic price imho.

well Q aint going to risk doing anything too risky for a tsv as they know it will sell anyway

Well if we do get put on the naughty step we can play 'jacks' whilst we are there.
Now you are talking! Or juggling balls against the wall or hopscotch. I think we must have played jacks indoors when it rained or hopscotch outdoors. Then there was a thing with elastic that 2 girls put aroumd their waist and you jumped in and out of and twisted around and jumped out of - a sort of cat''s cradle for the body.

There have been nicer ones in the past though SCW, do you remember the carved flower necklace which had a matching bracelet in the same style probably a couple of years ago. That was much more inspiring IMO, whereas this TSV doesn't shout 'Designer' to me. Granted it will sell well, but there are loads of very similar bracelets out there on the market and I think it should be something a little different for a TSV.

Latest posts

Back