Lulu Guinness Tesco bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Cant stop laughing ! Sarah G is justifying the cost of a Lulu Guinness tote bag of £349.92 to offset the cost of paying for plastic bags at the supermarket ! She's waffled about how she pays a fortune for the supermarket bags, - (she does admit to forgetting to take shopping bags with her). But how many people in this Country goes into Tesco with a shopping bag worth £350 ?????

The lengths these shop assistants will go to.

So she puts her chicken thighs, HP sauce and frozen peas in her LG bag?? What a mind-blowingly stupid remark :taphead:

Well, by he time she's bought 7000 plastic bags, she may have worked out how to remember to take some with her....

Last edited:
5p, 10p if I want to treat myself to a strong bag for life, compared to £350?..... Hmmmm now let's see, that's a tricky one.

Don't the presenters spout a lot of nonsense. I'm sure if you could afford to throw out £350 on a bag for bringing your shopping home you would probably have staff to do those mundane chores. I only watch now for the comedy value and come on here to read the brilliant posts from the forumites.

Likewise the promo for Andi Peters show (whatever).

He says that "as a 12 year old he watched his mum make the most amazing Spinach soup" !! er, I've yet to meet any child who even knows what Spinach is, let alone thinks its 'amazing' - their reaction is more likely to be 'ugh !'.

Do they not stop & think, obviously not! I am not a LuluG fan, either the lady herself ( in her promo video when she says 'and you get ME) no thanks & IMO her products are overpriced--arrows coming this way from those of you who love them!!
I bought some clothing items in M&S the other day & forgot you have to take a bag for those too.

Incredulous! I watched this and, to me, she seemed to end up getting somewhat embarrassed when she admitted to going off-track a bit. I'm sure that somewhere in there she actually realised what a moronic comment she'd made. I did laugh though!

I bought a nylon folding bag in Wilko for cloths shopping it was only 70p. It is gusseted and roomy.

Do they not stop & think, obviously not! I am not a LuluG fan, either the lady herself ( in her promo video when she says 'and you get ME) no thanks & IMO her products are overpriced--arrows coming this way from those of you who love them!!
I bought some clothing items in M&S the other day & forgot you have to take a bag for those too.

Happened to me too ! I'd rather they stick 5p on the price of the garment than have the ridiculous scenario of being asked if I want a bag for a coat I'd just coughed up £79.99 for ! I told her, I didn't think it would fit into my Sainsbury's 'shopper for life' !!! They do it on sur la Continent as well - recently in Lisbon, and was asked if I needed a bag - bit hard to carry 4 Portuguese tarts without one !

Fgs, how ridiculous. I have 3 Lulu bags (all bought half price in the sale) and I treasure them. I won't take them on the tube or anywhere there's the slightest chance of rain/sleet/snow or dirt or what have you. The very idea of carrying a chicken home in one... Maybe Sara's just so rich she can just buy a new one if she gets crap all over it, bully for her if so, but I really doubt that's the case for most LG customers. God, even if you were that rich why wouldn't you still be careful? Why let something lovely get wrecked for no actual reason just because you can afford another? If nothing else, maybe the particular style would be discontinued and you couldn't get another, if you liked it enough to spend hundreds of pounds on it why risk that?

Ridiculous comment to say the least!! I bought my son a quite expensive sweater for Christmas and had to buy a bag because I wasn`t going food shopping didn`t have any bags with me ..... I didn`t realise the `new law` included clothes as well ....if and when I buy a new heavy weight winter coat I`ll be sure to take a bag asd I`m sure the heavy weight carriers will be more than 5p!!
I never believe the friend or relative scenario`s they spew forth in their sales speak ..... the other day Marvarine(sp) said she has 4 Carole Hochman`s now and her husband said something like is that a `Carole Hochman` you are wearing ..sounded so stupid making her husband sound as silly as she portrays herself to be!!

Blimey how times have changed ! that 'allegedly' Margarine's husband knew of Carole Hochman; it was hard enough to get my late husband to associate Windolene with cleaning windows, so him knowing the names of ANY designer, let alone a female one would have been a minor miracle.

(I like my men to be 'manly', not someone I have to fight with for the bathroom toiletries)

[/B]

Happened to me too ! I'd rather they stick 5p on the price of the garment than have the ridiculous scenario of being asked if I want a bag for a coat I'd just coughed up £79.99 for ! I told her, I didn't think it would fit into my Sainsbury's 'shopper for life' !!! They do it on sur la Continent as well - recently in Lisbon, and was asked if I needed a bag - bit hard to carry 4 Portuguese tarts without one !

I was going to say something about the last line of your post but thought better of it:mysmilie_17:

We have had the carrier bag levy for at least a year (maybe 2 time goes so quickly) and the shops HAVE to charge you, they are not allowed to include it in the price. Only certain foodstuffs, and some products from the chemist, are allowed to have a free bag.

They can also charge you as much as they want for the bag as long as it is over the government levy amount.

I have been using "bags for life" for years and l am glad this 5p charge has come in. I used to see people in the supermarket wasting carrier bags. They cause appalling environmental damage especially to sea creatures. I have a special nylon bag which folds up into a little pouch which l keep in my daily handbag, l use this for when l buy clothes. I have a LG charity shopper from Sainsburys and it makes a great pool/beach bag when on holiday.

Latest posts

Back