Lulu Guinness tonight...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My dustbags arrived (including one for a bag I returned). They did come dorect from LG. What amused me was the card that came with said "Opps" instead of "Oops" I hope someone else in the company proof reads the wording on her bags!

Jude xx

Oooh, thats going to make my Xmas sales awkward!

I get to go to Cheshire Oaks once a year, just after Christmas (visiting Family nearby).

So do I buy in the online sales, or wait for Cheshire Oaks?? Eeek!

Cheers,
karen
Both :cheeky:

Interesting that she went for McArthur Glen and not Bicester Village. Perhaps though that means she plans more than one outlet store in the UK which you can't have with Bicester Village.

Yes I would have thought her products were more Bicester Village than McArthur Glen. Hope she opens one in Swindon or Bridgend as well as they are nearer to me :clapping:

Yes I would have thought her products were more Bicester Village than McArthur Glen. Hope she opens one in Swindon or Bridgend as well as they are nearer to me :clapping:

Omg no. Please don't open in Bridgend!!! Every Tom, Dick and Harry will be swanning around with their defunct bags costing over half what I paid for mine and will totally devalue them!!

Apologies if that makes me sound like a snob, but if chavs start wearing LG then she's lost me as a customer.

Certain things need to be kept higher end. I am very disappointed in Lulu. First she sells out by doing made for QVC versions, now outlet villages.

Greedy girl. But I guess these people value money and profit above all else.

Bad show :(

Sheesh, Q and LG lost to me in a space of a few days?! :eek::banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Ps. Logged on to look for a new Lulu bag. I have the gorgeous pony satchel from Next in front of me. It's leather and suede, £78. I do really like it, but it has no feet and no real structure. In short, it doesn't have any redeeming features apart from how it looks and the benefit of an adjustable strap.

I logged on to look for a new Lulu bag for winter that will go on my shoulder.

I have since decided to start appreciating other handbags as, it would seem, my Lulu bags are soon to join the ranks of Burberry.

Snob? You bet!!! :p

Are they seconds in outlet?

That's what outlet shops usually are. And products of 'lesser' spec so to speak. I used to work for Whittard of Chelsea (tea, coffee, china etc) and all the chipped china or those where the pattern wasn't quite right, all went to the outlet. As did the tea/coffee/chocolates with very short sell-by dates. They also used a lower quality leaf and beans to produce tea and coffee especially for the outlets.

I have no problem with slight seconds. I have bought a second hand Lulu off ebay. Its more the availability I am concerned with. It's going to be right there in the face of all those thousands and thousands of people who frequent these places. It will no longer be a niche market. I have seen one other Lulu bag in Wales. If they start selling cheap ones in Bridgend then that's it!!

Some items in the outlets are last season, so are not necessarily seconds.

Also it depends on the price point. If they sell LG bags in the outlet for around £200 instead of the usual £300+ then I doubt that you will get the whole of Wales carrying one.

When they start selling in the outlet they might stop having the online sale as they can get rid of any excess stock through there.

Hi,

Cheshire Oaks is quite "posh" for an outlet village.

There are outlets for both Mulberry and Michael Kors there - in fact my only Mulberry bag was bought at the shop there.

Definitely more of an upmarket feeling than at other outlets I have been to.

Cheers,
karen

Rosey you may have a point about the sale. That will be bad news. Lawrenson, that sounds a bit better than the outlets around here!!

I do get the impression that she is appealing to a wider market though, making less expensive versions for Q may just be the start of it.

Outlet villages are big business for the designers and high end high street stores. Bicester is fab. It has Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Tod's, Celine, Gucci ... you name it. They do have more affordable brands too.

But if LG is at McArthur Glen then it may just be the one store.

Outlet villages are big business for the designers and high end high street stores. Bicester is fab. It has Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Tod's, Celine, Gucci ... you name it. They do have more affordable brands too.

But if LG is at McArthur Glen then it may just be the one store.

I love Bicester - just need to save up before I go - love the Cath Kidston shop. They also have a Kipling shop. Cheshire Oaks is better than the other McArthur Glen's I have been to. Bridgend is ok and is worth popping in if you are in the area. I love outlet villages :clapping:

If they're seconds who cares? No-one is going to notice a minor imperfection. You're carrying a Lulu Guinness bag and that's all anyone needs to know. Whether you bought it from one of her shops, from QVC or from an outlet at a fraction of the price has no consequence surely, unless money is no object to you of course.

The one I saw was one that was taken on board as hand luggage . If I buy one, it will be one of those, as I have seen how the baggage handler throw luggage that is meant to go on the hold:eek:

Thanks Cheshire Set & Caretodiffer, that was my thinking too but it doesn't mean that I no longer want one!!!

It's useful to know too that the little one will go as hand-luggage, thanks.

Cheers, PP

Not quite Lulu Guinness but I differed for do long over the white Tig bag I wanted that the ****** thing sold out! Just unwrapped the very bag from eBay. Never been used. Still has the plastic wrapping on the handles. £25!! One happy Tink!

Now don't let me buy another handbag until the New Year. Should have the money by then for my Mulberry.

Not quite Lulu Guinness but I differed for do long over the white Tig bag I wanted that the ****** thing sold out! Just unwrapped the very bag from eBay. Never been used. Still has the plastic wrapping on the handles. £25!! One happy Tink!

Now don't let me buy another handbag until the New Year. Should have the money by then for my Mulberry.

Oh wow Tink!! You have wanted that bag forever!! Am so glad you finally got it. I love my white Tig. In fact, I may have a look at what winter colours there still are...

Enjoy your bag :D

I had my sensible head on. And then it was too late to get it from QVC.

It is just lovely. Not to everyone's taste but I love it. I've now got it in purple, bronze, yellow, pumpkin and now white. Oh hell I've got it in pink too!! That's OTT even for me.

Ha ha!! It's a gorgeous bag. I only returned it as I wanted a shoulder bag so opted for the small white shopper. I may do a search for your colours on the bay ;)

Latest posts

Back