Lulu Whining About Aging and Being Lonely

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We make our judgment of people based on the persona they offer and you obviously were in a position to see a different side than me. Still don't expect to like her anytime soon though or lose any sleep over her "position" So agree it is best to agree to leave it.

I promise you i heard last week from somebody close to my family who works in the tv industry that their was only one celeb who wanted to wave her fee on a programme they were on and the others really resisted even though they insisted " i really think we ought to" ....anyway I am agreeing to disagree on this subject too .....

I promise you i heard last week from somebody close to my family who works in the tv industry that their was only one celeb who wanted to wave her fee on a programme they were on and the others really resisted even though they insisted " i really think we ought to" ....anyway I am agreeing to disagree on this subject too .....

Ive always said if all the celebrities in the world including popstars , actors , sports men and women etc dipped there hands in there own pockets, then there would be no need for the likes of comic relief, children in need and other worth while causes, which rely on the general public to donate. Most of these people are overpaid for what they do and its about time they started giving back more.

Well I felt sympathy for Lulu reading that. I don't measure the level of compassion I feel against the wealth or fame of the sufferer...although of course there are people much worse off than she is. "Who deserves to be the most unhappy" is not a competition. I wish she could see what gifts she has and enjoy the rest of her life, however long it is. We all pop our clogs eventually. I would have thought there are a lot of people who can empathise with a painful divorce. Her fame makes no difference to the way that would feel.

I personally don't buy Lulu's products, and I don't feel comfortable with the celebrity shallow lifestyle and misplaced importance on looks. Lulu has made her money, she probably has a mortgage free home and plenty money to live on. Whilst I sympathise with her regrets, her loneliness and possible depression which can affect us all ...I do feel that she should ditch the obsession with ageing and getting old. She has made her money, she is very attractive and clearly has a soft side.She should stop putting pressure on herself and enjoy the rest of her life as she is in a very fortunate position to do that. You only get one shot at life so enjoy it, make the most of it rather than wallow, "woe is me", take joy in your son, grandchildren and the ability to live in comfort. I hope Lulu still has good health for many more years to come. :)

I don't know the woman so I can't say, but all celebrities who stay in the limelight actively choose to be there and are happy to make squillions from it, and to keep making loadsa from it as long as they can milk it. As the old saying goes, a rich death is easier to bear than a poor death because at least you have money worries taken away from you, whether or not you have anyone to share the burden with. I find celebrities' public attention-seeking when things go wrong distasteful. There are plenty of more deserving people - carers, for example - who don't try to hog the limelight.

Um, who was it that said "any publicity is good publicity" ?

I'm the same age as Lulu, and I find it irksome that most of these 'celebs' these days want to offload their illnesses, their childhood traumas, eating disorders, marital problems, bullying, book writing on grief etc etc in the public domain. WHY ?..... all in the name of publicity. Its just fodder for the weekly magazines with lurid headlines to entice more sales.

Sorry, but if these people are talented enough to entertain, then I pays my money to be entertained, and not for the need of Counselling once I've read their personal life stories !! I don't buy into this 'down to earth' crap - they all chose to be in the show biz industry, so if they cant 'entertain' anymore then they should get out of it and retire........ quietly.

Precisely. After all, they have the millions that they've made from us to throw at counsellors, unlike the rest of us who just have to get on with it. Stop bleating and milking it!

I agree.
So she's gone through a painful divorce & is feeling a bit lonely but she has a healthy son, two healthy grandchildren. She herself doesn't seem to have been hit with any serious illness, like many live with or aren't lucky enough to survive.

So she's getting older, aren't we all? Life is after all a terminal disease. But she isn't on a low, basic pension, struggling to manage, or living in anything less than luxury I'd imagine.
Her problems are trivial compared to many peoples lots in life & perhaps,if she'd just look around her instead of in a mirror all the time, she'd realise that she's much to be thankful for.

Interesting where she says she used to have botox and fillers until Time Bomb but now she doesn`t .....
Yeh right !
She is also in the current Superdrug magazine and her favourite all tine iconic beauty product is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. There is a raft of other product that are her beauty secrets!

I have not gone through a divorce but surely 22 odd years ago is time to have got over it!

My dear mum was deserted by her first husband in 1946 ....when It was all a taboo ...left with a 3 month old baby ....she said " I had to pick myself up brush myself down , and start all over again" ...her ex never payed child maintenance...my dear Uncle had to chase him in his taxi for it ....my mum had to work whilst my nan looked after my sis ....

LOL my divorce was 21 years ago and I'm soooo over it!

Edit: Sorry May I was replying to the previous post, so it sounds callous after your story and I didn't want you to be offended. Thank the Lord for strong women coping with real hardship in their lives.

LOL my divorce was 21 years ago and I'm soooo over it!

Edit: Sorry May I was replying to the previous post, so it sounds callous after your story and I didn't want you to be offended. Thank the Lord for strong women coping with real hardship in their lives.

I like your style :mysmilie_59:

imagine how it must feel to be ageing when you're photographed every time you set foot outside the door.

My heart bleeds ...at least she can walk ....

Well what a turn around in the Adam Helliker column in today's Sunday Express she is quoted as saying "I don't know if I've ever been as happy as I am now... I feel like I have Angels on my shoulders". Oh and she's making a new album.

In the scheme of things seems like Lulu has had a pretty decent life .I don't know if she's depressed but sounds to me like she is having to come to terms with ageing and losing her looks like many of us have to do.You can't stop it so have to embrace it somehow which is not easy especially not in public and in a youth obsessed society.

She just has regrets I guess. Don't we all? Actually... No!!! I thought I would but I don't. I have made mistakes but long term they turned out not to have been.

Latest posts

Back