Lunchtime Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know there has been many many threads of the negatives (and occasionally (very occasionally) the pluses) of the lunchtime show, today's however was just cringeworthy (in my opinion). The two main areas were

Keely (Elemis), when she does the Elemis show she is semi-professional in that yes she does have good product knowledge and can relate the products to the needs of the buyer, but when she is in 'relax' mode she is positively cringe-worthy. She is like a 'little child', if she can't have her say on the panel and some of the stuff she comes out with I don't know whether it is a case of true 'verbal diarrhoea' or she is just stating it for the same effect, either it is (you've guessed it) cringe-worthy.

Also the 'fitover' women, I mean really how many different styles of these 'over-glasses' can they be. If I have heard the JPE story once I have heard it a thousand times (probably more than that if I am being really honest).

Then to top it off we had Jackie Kabler as one of the hosts, so all in all a lunchtime show to avoid!

I've rarely watched QVC over the past couple of years just pop in and out for a minute (at most) now and again for a nose, on one occasion I accidentally caught the "Lunchtime" Show, and yes spot on "cringe worthy" is an absolutely fitting description. As for Keeley I have to agree, she comes across as a Diva, whose face tightens up if she's getting irritated or not getting her own way, she'd better slather some of that expensive facial oil crap on it before she gets lines from all that face tightening. :mysmilie_17:

Totally agree! This show is usually a shouting fest with the presenters and guests trying to be the loudest and vying for the top spot, Chloe and Pippa especially. I don't usually watch this show but I happened to tune in today and it was totally different. They were talking quietly, discussing products properly and being informative in the way you'd expect. It's one rare occasion I can pick out, but I wonder if it was because Simon was there. I know he's not a QVC favourite but I have noticed in the past that having one of the male presenters on can calm things down a bit. If this show was always like this, I'm sure many would find it more watchable.

The Lunchtime Show is as excruciating as ever.

Look at these three goons pretending they're on a proper telly programme. I wonder how long it will take for
Clumsy Simon to burn something?

He should burn that dyed combover of his, it's ridiculous. He looks like a little John Travolta :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Gee how bleeding high can a female voice go?

JK and that new one Katy screeching over to some other woman who is screeching back - poor June so polite in comparison.

If I thought for one second I screamed at that pitch I would go and get my gob sewn up.

Why does Jackie, spaniel ears, Kabler think it is clever to keep saying she doesn't cook.

It may be a fact but hardly something to be proud of.

Oh God the lunchtime show.I tune in now and then to remind myself that people like 'that 'really exist. Ego ,pretension,counter tenor and soprano voices.Miceal.Chloe.Jackie et al.Then I turn over and thank God I don't know them.

They have changed the format over the past few weeks .They are no longer sitting in a row talking over each other. Its still not very watchable though.

They have changed the format over the past few weeks .They are no longer sitting in a row talking over each other. Its still not very watchable though.

Now they just shout at full pitch to someone across the floor sitting on a couch. Still yelling over each other

Oh God the lunchtime show.I tune in now and then to remind myself that people like 'that 'really exist. Ego ,pretension,counter tenor and soprano voices.Miceal.Chloe.Jackie et al.Then I turn over and thank God I don't know them.

These shows are very poor, not seen many but that was enough! Too many people on talking at once and making it far too busy to watch! :mysmilie_1:

Anyone would think they are tuning in to a debate on some world issue of great importance the way the presenters gesticulate and fight to get their point across. Then they get a cut shot to a b#######shoe or something.

Anyone would think they are tuning in to a debate on some world issue of great importance the way the presenters gesticulate and fight to get their point across. Then they get a cut shot to a b#######shoe or something.

Yes, exactly how I see it. To be honest, I now refuse to watch this "show ", it leaves me feeling nauseous. They all appear ridiculous with their earnest opinions on trivia.

I've watched the Lunchtime Show & noticed that when the chosen guest has to remember items shown on screen, the four other guests "help" by shouting out answers. Seeing as there are twelve items to remember, why don't they all remember three each so that it s easier & less nerve-racking for the chosen guest or is that just too logical?

The morning "show"... the Lunchtime "show" and the soon to be (probably).... the Evening "show" are so embarrassing they actually make my flesh creep, so the channel hopping is reduced to an absolute minimum at these times. They all sit there looking serious as if they're about to bring world peace rather than flogging Diamonbleek and that horrid Nina Leonard clothes/prints that looks like the cat coughed up a hair ball on them. :puke:

I've rarely watched QVC over the past couple of years just pop in and out for a minute (at most) now and again for a nose, on one occasion I accidentally caught the "Lunchtime" Show, and yes spot on "cringe worthy" is an absolutely fitting description. As for Keeley I have to agree, she comes across as a Diva, whose face tightens up if she's getting irritated or not getting her own way, she'd better slather some of that expensive facial oil crap on it before she gets lines from all that face tightening. :mysmilie_17:

Read that Keeley was very rude at the Beauty Bash.

Latest posts

Back