Skin Flint

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21838

Guest Shopper
She always has to come up with some smart A question when she is hosting, that clearly at best, she thinks is hugely valid, or at worst, is asked just to throw the product demonstrator.

Acting to type in the current technology hour, she is hindering the Michael Jackson with her hugely technological agony wagon demonstration. Michael is trying to show us how the bag on wheels can take a dummy set of stairs, and old Skin helpfully chips in: “Can it take any size of stair?” Is she taking the rise?? I thought MJ was going to lamp her at one point. Just be quiet if you have nothing but that to ask? Does she mean stairs ten feet in height? Spiked stairs? Greased stairs? The trolley is user lifted. That might be the clue. If the stair taker can take the stairs, the trolley can. Oh for a custard pie for Mrs Pomposity’s smug mug..

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted it before, but it is probably worth posting it again in the context of her po-faced, know it all way of presenting…

When she first started at IW along with Lavers and Whatters, they had so little a range of goods, they were having to present all kinds of shyt..oddities to fill studio time. These included plastic Feng Shui figures, Fuk, Luk and Sau. She was demonstrating a fat Fuk figure (no, not Lee Hohbein) I remember, and this was at the time they were also desperate to read out viewer faxes to again, fill air time. Calling myself Mike Hunt from Cockermouth or something similar, I sent a simpering fax telling her how wonderful a presenter she was and offering a heartfelt thank you for it being the first time we had seen a decent Fuk on shopping television. Immediately after she read this out, she realised what she had done, and added in Luk and Sau after it!

She really does appear to think she is on some higher plateau of consciousness as a shopping television host. The sense of superiority she generates to me, shines through in her presenting style. For me, though, I find her patronising in the extreme to both viewers and to guests.

She always has to come up with some smart A question when she is hosting, that clearly at best, she thinks is hugely valid, or at worst, is asked just to throw the product demonstrator.

Acting to type in the current technology hour, she is hindering the Michael Jackson with her hugely technological agony wagon demonstration. Michael is trying to show us how the bag on wheels can take a dummy set of stairs, and old Skin helpfully chips in: “Can it take any size of stair?” Is she taking the rise?? I thought MJ was going to lamp her at one point. Just be quiet if you have nothing but that to ask? Does she mean stairs ten feet in height? Spiked stairs? Greased stairs? The trolley is user lifted. That might be the clue. If the stair taker can take the stairs, the trolley can. Oh for a custard pie for Mrs Pomposity’s smug mug..
A month or so ago, right out of the blue, she asked a BA what book she was reading at the moment. The BA was flustered and stammered that with two children, she had no time to read. But Ms Flint would not give up. "What's your favourite book, then?" No answer from the belittled BA. Power struggle, I think. She knew full well that the BA had probably not read a book since schooldays.

I posted it before, but it is probably worth posting it again in the context of her po-faced, know it all way of presenting…

When she first started at IW along with Lavers and Whatters, they had so little a range of goods, they were having to present all kinds of shyt..oddities to fill studio time. These included plastic Feng Shui figures, Fuk, Luk and Sau. She was demonstrating a fat Fuk figure (no, not Lee Hohbein) I remember, and this was at the time they were also desperate to read out viewer faxes to again, fill air time. Calling myself Mike Hunt from Cockermouth or something similar, I sent a simpering fax telling her how wonderful a presenter she was and offering a heartfelt thank you for it being the first time we had seen a decent Fuk on shopping television. Immediately after she read this out, she realised what she had done, and added in Luk and Sau after it!

She really does appear to think she is on some higher plateau of consciousness as a shopping television host. The sense of superiority she generates to me, shines through in her presenting style. For me, though, I find her patronising in the extreme to both viewers and to guests.
Did you ever seen the Channel 4 documentary comparing QVC and IW? It was when IW was first launched. The wife of the owner hated Flinty even calling her a Cee You Next Tuesday in the documentary. Then they had the fire and IW relaunched and Flinty was gone. Most were shocked QVC even took her back as presenter.

What about open slat stairs, spiral staircases - These questions have got to be asked otherwise how would we know? lol!

Just wish one of the BAs would say I had tea with Joan Collins the other day,raised an awful lot of money for charity!
How about You 🫖

A month or so ago, right out of the blue, she asked a BA what book she was reading at the moment. The BA was flustered and stammered that with two children, she had no time to read. But Ms Flint would not give up. "What's your favourite book, then?" No answer from the belittled BA. Power struggle, I think. She knew full well that the BA had probably not read a book since schooldays.
Well what an arsehole! What we need is someone who really doesn’t give a **** about her to witheringly cut her down to size. Helene Berman come on I’m thinking about you or MB’s Gemma thingy

I’m afraid that Debbie really grates on me so I try to avoid any show that she’s presenting unless I’m interested in the product (before usually ordering it from somewhere else 😉.)

Has anyone else noticed that at the end of a show she usually asks the guest “when are you on next?” If I was the guest I’d be tempted to ignore her or say “mind your own business.” Maybe it’s Debbie’s way of securing a future freebie. 🤔

I think that is another one of her little ‘tests’. Hoping to wrong foot the guest by having them stumbling over their next appearance. None of your business, and wind your neck in, you hope one of them would say. People are more than capable of following the EPG or the QVC website to signpost them to what type of show is on and when it is on next. They don’t need old mouthpiece doing it for them. If only she would end a show by telling viewers when SHE is next on. Giving us all warning to avoid her in future. That would be a public service duty worth receiving.

Latest posts

Back