Make up demos on people with a face full of make up!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrsE

Registered Shopper
My pet hate & IT Cosmetics do it :-(
How can we see the difference it makes, the application if they are pretending to make people up!!!!!

It's blooming ridiculous!!!!

Watching them do the bye bye pores powder & the big bronzer/blusher/highlighter disc on already made up ladies!!!

Even when they show a before photo, one is totally naked skin & the other fully made up, hard to see the effects of just the item you are interested in.

At least when they demo hoovers they put dirt on the floor, they don't "pretend" on already clean floors!

Do they realise how ridiculous this is.
I honestly would buy more if I could see a proper application of the product.

Very true. What happened to that American lady (ex-model?) who used to come on and make herself up from scratch (very bravely)? Haven't seen her for ages but then I don't regularly watch make-up hours.

That would be Stacey Stauffer from YBS / Models Prefer. She would make herself up as she went along, and sat with rollers in her hair - at least that way it really was a start to finish product. I was always envious of her hair to be honest, it always looked good.

That would be Stacey Stauffer from YBS / Models Prefer. She would make herself up as she went along, and sat with rollers in her hair - at least that way it really was a start to finish product. I was always envious of her hair to be honest, it always looked good.

Stacey, yes - that was she. Is the brand no longer on QVC at all?

I have seen demos where the models start without make up but can't remember which brand it is .Could be YBF with Stacey .Tiffany looks pretty dreadful without make up but quite brave to do it.

Stacey may come back again though, she's left and came back under a different name before so did Doll 10.

Stacey may come back again though, she's left and came back under a different name before so did Doll 10.

I think Doll 10 was just a name change for the UK as Dalton sounded too similar to (Royal) Doulton and could've led to legal issues.

I think Doll 10 was just a name change for the UK as Dalton sounded too similar to (Royal) Doulton and could've led to legal issues.

Ah I see, I thought she was on QVC as Dalton for a while, then wasn't on QVC for years then came back as Doll 10, just like Stecey with Models Prefer, went away for years, then came back as YBF, that's probably were I've got mixed up.

No Stacey has gone for good this time. The first time and the name change was to do with QVC US owning the brand name Models Prefer, there was a court case and QVC won the name. She is on HSN in the US but came back to the QVC UK only with YBF, her big seller was the brow product. QVC keep answering queries on their Facebook page that YBF will not be returning.

Quite a lot of people hate the dabbing of makeup on models already made up, Laura Geller, Mally they all do it. Every time its commented on the QVC Facebook page why even the US QVC community board its commented on. Last time Tarte was on the brand rep on her own Facebook page said she would try to do a full face from scratch if QVC have her the time! So its QVC's fault they way the list which products are sold when in a show. They do not start with foundation and work from there but jump all over the place eyes, then blush then foundation etc.

I think there are 2 reasons it won't happen:

1. Lack of time, as already said.
2. Lack of good match with foundation. Easier to avoid the issue if the before is taken under different lights, so you discount the difference in skintone in the after picture.

Both are generally down to QVC choices (cramming so many presentations into the hour; lack of full range of foundations in many cases making foundation choice limited for the models they hire).

I'd never heard of the other Dalton, the products look a bit like Flora Mare. Maybe it was Doris expanding into Germany that prompted the name change?

I think it worked out great in the end anyway as I think Doll 10 is a great and different name for a make up range.

Agree, that was real and you could see the end product! Pet hate is when people tweet or fakebook into show asking what product/makeup the presenter is wearing. Well come on, it's telly make up and sure they use lots of products under these lights, yes! :mysmilie_7:

We are always being told these products i.e. Laura G, Bare Minerals etc only take 5 minutes to apply so surely we can see models being made up from scratch? I would be tempted to buy more from seeing this being demonstrated rather than watching someone having layer upon layer being piled on an already made up face to begin with! It looks bliddy awful after a while!

We are always being told these products i.e. Laura G, Bare Minerals etc only take 5 minutes to apply so surely we can see models being made up from scratch? I would be tempted to buy more from seeing this being demonstrated rather than watching someone having layer upon layer being piled on an already made up face to begin with! It looks bliddy awful after a while!

Couldn't agree more Nora! Seeing Sarah Jagger gently sweeping BnB over an already made up models face does not inspire me to splash the cash. I've been using BnB for years and I have never been able to get the finish that the models end up with so I do wonder what else goes onto their faces that we don't get to see ( and i'm no make up novice with no experience of primers etc)

Latest posts

Back