Mally TSV 14/12/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine just arrived too and I love the bag......not tacky at all!

Hmm only thing is the lipstick and eyeshadow shades aren't the ones advertised. The lipstick is in french kiss instead of kimono pink and the eyeshadow shade is chocolate diamond instead of smoky quartz. I don't mind the eyeshadow stick being different but the lipstick shade is the same as her last TSV so I don't want two the same. What did you get Dunmow?

People have started to post about this on QVC facebook page now!!!

If you email request that they send the right colours out to you (don't mention returning the set or the wrong parts at this stage).

I know this is a bit small minded but I'm chuckling at all those ebay sellers who list the contents of the TSV before they have the items - it'll bite 'em on the bum this time!
I was just going to say this, I was not going to buy the TSV but really wanted the lipstick so bought it from ebay then decided to get the tsv after all, mine arrived today also with the wrong colours, let's see what the ebay seller tells me

I'll be interested to hear what they say, I take a dim view of sellers cancelling sales; it used to happen if their auction ended at 99p and the item would mysteriously develop a fault or break or get lost in the post. Then they'd relist the same item (a bit dim!). I've been selling on ebay for 11 years and it's the sort of thing that gives sellers a bad name.

I had a look at the colour of the Smokey Quartz shadow stick on the US site and it's a much lighter shade than the brown one they've sent out. I can't understand how no one noticed that the colours being shown on air didn't tally with the online description. Had the colours been closer I could see how it might happen but didn't Mally (or her minions) realise?

I think Julia (I assume reading off the web description) said Smokey Quartz on the Lunchtime Special but other presenters said chocolate diamond.

I've taken a screen shot of the Mally TSV page with the full description. Showing 'smokey quartz' evercolour shadow stick and 'kimono pink' lipstick.

I've had an email saying they will request the items are sent out to me by the vendor in 7 to 10 days. We will see!

I'll be interested to hear what they say,
I take a dim view of sellers cancelling sales; it used to happen if their auction ended at 99p
and the item would mysteriously develop a fault or break or get lost in the post. Then they'd relist the same item (a bit dim!). I've been selling on ebay for 11 years and it's the sort of thing that gives sellers a bad name.

I had a look at the colour of the Smokey Quartz shadow stick on the US site and it's a much lighter shade than the brown one they've sent out. I can't understand how no one noticed that the colours being shown on air didn't tally with the online description. Had the colours been closer I could see how it might happen but didn't Mally (or her minions) realise?

I think Julia (I assume reading off the web description) said Smokey Quartz on the Lunchtime Special but other presenters said chocolate diamond.

I agree, that's so frustrating. If ebay sellers arent prepared to sell their item at 99p they should have a higher starting price or a reserve.

QVC change description of Mally TSV on website!!

Following the fiasco of the recent Mally TSV being sent out with a different colour lipstick (French Kiss instead of Kimono) and eyeshadow stick to the one listed on QVC website and shown on the screen (Chocolate Diamond instead of Smokey Quartz), QVC have changed the description on the website of the lipstick to match the one sent out.

This is IMHO absolutely disgusting and surely dishonest and against trading standards? :angry:

Not got the hang of attaching things here yet so hopefully the screenshot of the original description is attached to this post. BTW the booklet which accompanied the TSV had the colours listed as the ones which were sent out, not the ones described on the day.

I have the set and have emailed customer services to ask for the correct colours to be sent out to me.

Attachments

• Mally.jpg
    Mally.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 196
QVC really make me laugh when they do such things. I wonder what level of management was involved in such a decision.

How stupid do they think people really are? The blunders and cover ups really are piling up. Embarrassing.

Also it is a Trading Standards issue because they've taken money advertising and selling one thing and then delivering something completely different.

If they are still selling them though they are correct to change the description to the correct one. As long as they don't deny the error when complaints are made on the ones previously purchased. If the description was correct on the tv then they can perhaps argue that telephone orders from viewers there was no error. But for anyone buying over the internet they really should do there best to make right.

And it gets worse - I posted on Mally Beauty website yesterday and just had a reply:

My post: Hi Mally
Love your makeup and buy loads of it from QVC UK. Was disappointed when my TSV arrived today to see the lipstick was not Kimono Pink as shown on TV and also the Eyeshadow stick is not Smokey Quartz. I noticed that in the booklet sent with the TSV the ingredients list for these items state the colours we actually received. Please can you look into this for us UK Mallinistas.

This is the biggest load of Bu*****t I have ever heard in my life

Todays reply: You know Mally is dedicated to bringing you the best looks that she uses on her celebrity clients. As we approached showtime Mally believed that the French Kiss shade was the perfect lip color to complete the Flawless in Five Collection look. We are truly sorry that you were expecting a different shade and we will be bringing many more GORGOIS lip colors in the future! XXX Love, MB Customer Service

This is the biggest load of Bu*****t I have ever heard in my life!! The same reply has been posted to everyone who complained on her page- no mention of the eyeshadow stick - and why did she call it Kimono Pink all day?

Think I will be looking to buy something else in future. I don't like being taken for a fool.

And it gets worse - I posted on Mally Beauty website yesterday and just had a reply:

My post: Hi Mally
Love your makeup and buy loads of it from QVC UK. Was disappointed when my TSV arrived today to see the lipstick was not Kimono Pink as shown on TV and also the Eyeshadow stick is not Smokey Quartz. I noticed that in the booklet sent with the TSV the ingredients list for these items state the colours we actually received. Please can you look into this for us UK Mallinistas.

This is the biggest load of Bu*****t I have ever heard in my life

Todays reply: You know Mally is dedicated to bringing you the best looks that she uses on her celebrity clients. As we approached showtime Mally believed that the French Kiss shade was the perfect lip color to complete the Flawless in Five Collection look. We are truly sorry that you were expecting a different shade and we will be bringing many more GORGOIS lip colors in the future! XXX Love, MB Customer Service

This is the biggest load of Bu*****t I have ever heard in my life!! The same reply has been posted to everyone who complained on her page- no mention of the eyeshadow stick - and why did she call it Kimono Pink all day?

Think I will be looking to buy something else in future. I don't like being taken for a fool.

And that close to show time she was able to get all the instruction leaflets made up

There will be a huge loss to qvc if we all send them back

I've had an email saying they will request the items are sent out to me by the vendor in 7 to 10 days. We will see!

Good luck with than DunmowDizzy. Everyone who posted on Mally Beauty facebook page has had this reply:

You know Mally is dedicated to bringing you the best looks that she uses on her celebrity clients. As we approached showtime Mally believed that the French Kiss shade was the perfect lip color to complete the Flawless in Five Collection look. We are truly sorry that you were expecting a different shade and we will be bringing many more GORGOIS lip colors in the future! XXX Love, MB Customer Service

No mention of the eyeshadow at all. Disgusting if you ask me - treating us customers like idiots.

QVC will most likely offer their usual remedy of offering a return and refund. The "last minute change" excuse just makes Mally's and QVC's customer service look very shabby imo. Very poor!

I agree that Q have probably changed the description because it's still up for sale; had it sold out I'd be highly suspicious. As it is, there will be people looking at the details tonight or tomorrow and think they'd mis-remembered the names of the products they'd receive, so it works as damage limitation for them too. I wonder whether they'll voluntarily write to everyone who bought the TSV apologise and offer a full refund if they're not happy. A fair percentage of customers won't have noticed

Latest posts

Back