Marcasite Addiction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For anyone who doesn't know, marcasite is made with the gemstone pyrite - looks a bit like haematite, but with a slight bronze overtone. It's very sparkly (hence the appeal to Magpies everywhere).

P.S. There is also some nice marcasite on the new channel www.rocksando.com, under the name "Vintage 1901 collection".

Marcasite bracelet and necklace arrived - absolutely stunning - love, love, love them!
(and these two were the best bargains - ever - though all my marcasite has been a really good price)

Perhaps now so many of us are saying how much we adore it - demand will be bigger and Rocks may make some money on it! :lol

(BC and BSB hope you love the bracelet as much as I do :biggrin)

Actually, I have noticed that quite a lot of the marcasite goes for reasonable prices comparable to what you might pay on the high street, and my guess is that Rocks ARE making some money on it (unlike a lot of the gold pieces, given the price of gold nowadays). I hope they will take the hint and bring us lots more!

Marcasite bracelet and necklace arrived - absolutely stunning - love, love, love them!
(and these two were the best bargains - ever - though all my marcasite has been a really good price)

Perhaps now so many of us are saying how much we adore it - demand will be bigger and Rocks may make some money on it! :lol

(BC and BSB hope you love the bracelet as much as I do :biggrin)

Yes I do love it as much as you Sara - it's a lovely design and weight, and a complete bargain too :cheer:

I bought it to replace a bracelet I already have, but want to make into a ring :D

Hi Everyone, So glad to see that it is not just me who has a marcasite addiction!! Hence why we have such a big range of marcasite at Rocks tv! Me and my bracelets struggle to part with each when I go to bed at night!! Always great to hear your feedback on our pieces you seem to be getting some unbelievable bargains!!

Best Wishes

Sarah:)

Sarah - missed this post last evening.

Look forward to seeing lots more marcasite on Rocks - I've found my passion! :biggrin

HELLO ALL...its me Apple...not Mr Appleby :D

I'm still on anti-biotics for my chest infection but i'm feeling an awful lot better i'm happy to say. :)

I saw this thread and just had to add a post to it as i love marcasite myself. I have 2 lovely dainty marcarsite bracelets that both have pearls on. One is like a tennis bracelet and the other is like a charm bracelet but with pearls and they are both simply delicicious, one of which i've been wearing since i received it. I also purchased a large marcarsite ring, which is not really my style but i loved the look of it and as it was going cheap i thought....go get it lol. The sparkle off them is incredible!!

I haven't as yet seen a necklace that i think will suit me, so am still on the lookout for a dainty one. If anyone has any knowledge of any suitable marcarsite neckwear then please let me know :D I don't have holes in my ears either so cannot buy the lovely earrings, but hopefully rocks will look to the future and start making clip-ons for us non-holy girls hehe.

I will try and take some pics of what i have so far and will hopefully post them sometime this week. Sorry for any breaks or miss-spelling but I'm having to stop typing to cough and then to resume again, forgetting where i am in the sentences :eek:

Hope you are all well and thanks for being kind and welcoming to my hubby and me :D

Ive never seen marcasite in real life, what colour does it look?

it looks like pencil lead hun. shiny seal grey.

marcasite is all the rage at the moment so you're right on trend :D

Apple, glad to see you up and about and feeling better. take it steady and don't overdo things. it's been lovely that your hubby has kept up conversation in here as well and great that he helps with your interests. a big welcome to you both \o/ \o/ oops those look rude lol - meant to be waving not streaking!!

Hi Apple - so pleased you are feeling a bit better! :biggrin

This is the marcasite necklace I received this morning and it's daintier than the others I have in my collection - the picture though is awful, so it's difficult to appreciate it.
(I will take some of my own photos later in the week and hopefully they may look a little better).

I have a marcasite and pearl tennis style bracelet from Rocks as well. :smile

PH938.jpg

It's PH938

Hi Apple - so pleased you are feeling a bit better! :biggrin

This is the marcasite necklace I received this morning and it's daintier than the others I have in my collection - the picture though is awful, so it's difficult to appreciate it.
(I will take some of my own photos later in the week and hopefully they may look a little better).

I have a marcasite and pearl tennis style bracelet from Rocks as well. :smile

PH938.jpg

It's PH938

Oh my Sara, that is a gorgeous necklace!!! :) It looks fairly similar to the marcarsite tennins type bracelet that i have minus the pearls. Do you know the reference number on that piece because i could ask to have it added to the auctions one evening on rocks? (Sounds like we have the same taste in bracelets hun x)

Thanks Sammi also, for your kind words xx

Last edited:
Oh my Sara, that is a gorgeous necklace!!! :) It looks fairly similar to the marcarsite tennins type bracelet that i have minus the pearls. Do you know the reference number on that piece because i could ask to have it added to the auctions one evening on rocks? (Sounds like we have the same taste in bracelets hun x)

Thanks Sammi also, for your kind words xx

:lol Hi Apple - I popped the code number on the bottom of the pic (PH938). HTH

I'm sure Katherine will put it on for you if you ask her via the Live Help or mail her (often requests get missed on the general chat).

:lol Hi Apple - I popped the code number on the bottom of the pic (PH938). HTH

I'm sure Katherine will put it on for you if you ask her via the Live Help or mail her (often requests get missed on the general chat).

Thanks Hun,

sorry missed the code originally under your pic lol

Well my first piece arrived today - and I want more - very vintage yet modern

Haven't got a piccie at the moment but it's the marquise - shaped ring that BH got today as well.

I blame you Sara!:D

Latest posts

Back