Marie Osmond

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

seeing marie on tv i thinks she must use the same thing on her face as lulu.........................................timebomb:cheeky::thinking2:

She still does the dolls, and there are quite a few on QVC US

Have seen the Donny & Marie live show at Flamingo in Vegas several times.

seeing marie on tv i thinks she must use the same thing on her face as lulu.........................................timebomb:cheeky::thinking2:
Agreed. She looks younger now than she did 30 years ago!:tongue2:

i saw an advert for the latest 'donny & marie' cd today. they both look younger than they did 30 years ago lol

please tell me they're not going to turn up soon flogging a skincare range.

I remember if the dolls had a Marie-Mole it meant SHE had designed them!

No mole meant someone else did.

Now why can I remember that, when I don't remember what I was doing 5 minutes ago????? :confused2:

i saw an advert for the latest 'donny & marie' cd today. they both look younger than they did 30 years ago lol

yes they do....both had a little help I think
Donny is on dancing with the stars at the mo and he looks about 30
Maries face looks stretched...very sad to be soooo vain !!

i just did a quick wiki, enquiring (aka idle and nosy) minds want to know, Donny is nearly 52 and marie is now 50... that makes me feel very old.
i remember wanting to be her, or janet jackson, or wonder woman, or kelly from Charlies angels (even as a child i couldnt make my mind up). come to think of it i still would'nt mind looking like any of them. some things never change and never should lol

yes they do....both had a little help I think
Donny is on dancing with the stars at the mo and he looks about 30
Maries face looks stretched...very sad to be soooo vain !!

I think she looks very, very scary... In my humble opinion, a few wrinkles would actually look better...

My sis and I shared a room with differing idols - Donnie on one side & David on the other........that makes me feel old!

I think that if you want surgery/botox etc, knock yourself out but it has to look "natural" and dare I say it, realistic for your age. Marie was always a beautiful girl but now she looks scary and Stepfordesque imo. I don't remember the dolls at all but saw a docu where she talked about them.

My sis and I shared a room with differing idols - Donnie on one side & David on the other........that makes me feel old!

QUOTE]

That was me and my sister too! She is 3 years older than me and thought David was much more sophisticated. I used to buy the osmond fan magazine and used to be fascinated by pics of marie in long dresses at home etc and her stories of her makeup and hair-she is only a year older than me but seemed the height of sophistication to me back then lol!

i loved jimmy osmond (before you say it... I KNOW! i must have had a traumatic birth or something). Well anyway temporary madness aside, as i was about 3 my mother helped me write a letter to him and i was as pleased as punch when i got a reply. i didnt find out until about 10 years ago that my father wrote it (along with all of the valentines cards i got every year) and let me tell you i was gutted! lol

QUOTE]

That was me and my sister too! She is 3 years older than me and thought David was much more sophisticated. I used to buy the osmond fan magazine and used to be fascinated by pics of marie in long dresses at home etc and her stories of her makeup and hair-she is only a year older than me but seemed the height of sophistication to me back then lol![/QUOTE

My room sharing sis is 18months older than me and used to think Corky was so lame but I liked him:sad: My elder sis made me my first maxi dress al la Marie.............therapy will finish soon I hope:emo:
What were we like:tongue2: - the world was over for me if my Mum threw out my Jackie mag!

it was the bay city rollers for me when i was about 11 or 12 I had tartan scarves and those ridiculous half mast trousers. Then in my mid teens Wham and Duran Duran. Ah those were the days.

I used to buy the osmond fan magazine and used to be fascinated by pics of marie in long dresses at home etc and her stories of her makeup and hair-she is only a year older than me but seemed the height of sophistication to me back then lol!

Me too!

Those long frocks, false finger nails (when people asked if they were her own she said "yes") because she had PAID for them.......

I thought that was such a witty and funny retort at the time!!! :headbang:

She also extolled the virtues of placenta hair conditioner........:puke:

Goodness, I must have read and re-read those Osmond Family Fan Club magazines...

LOL

i loved jimmy osmond (before you say it... I KNOW! i must have had a traumatic birth or something). Well anyway temporary madness aside, as i was about 3 my mother helped me write a letter to him and i was as pleased as punch when i got a reply. i didnt find out until about 10 years ago that my father wrote it (along with all of the valentines cards i got every year) and let me tell you i was gutted! lol

That's so sweet! :heart: Your Dad sounds lovely. My OH queued overnight when Kylie came to Aberdeen many years ago for our young daughter. She got to the concert but thought it was loud & scary and left after 15mins. :wonder2: Bless, it was my fault as I should have known she was to young.

it was the bay city rollers for me when i was about 11 or 12 I had tartan scarves and those ridiculous half mast trousers. Then in my mid teens Wham and Duran Duran. Ah those were the days.

I also adored Les:heart: but as I was 5ft 9" when I was 13 and in those days, tall people were seriously hampered in the fashion stakes, so the half masts made me look like Janette Krankie:headbang: and my 2" platforms, bought as a present when my sis in law was down in London from Faith, didn't help matters!:puke::taphead:
I wish the Skirt'N'Slack centre had sold a tall range back then:wonder2:

This thread is turning into the traumas of my formative years:taphead:

Latest posts

Back