Megadrops Are A Con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder why they've targeted you when there are certain people i.e. from Edinburgh and Leicester who seem to have about 5 accounts each and get everything!

I wonder why they've targeted you when there are certain people i.e. from Edinburgh and Leicester who seem to have about 5 accounts each and get everything!

Couldnt agree more starlight lizzy and d from louth sell all theirs on ebay and are the same people. The vast majority of mine are kept or given away as presents, D from edinburgh keeps buying anything and everything so the 1 a week and your out rule is a joke there. Pual and Sheila from newquay are another pair.

susan from fishguard keeps going straight in on items and within a couple of hours she has gone off the list if its a non megadrop. Why havent you barred her sit-up?

I feel i am been picked on the most they have refused everything for 3 and a half weeks now. Megadrop and non megadrop items.

I am going to leave it now for the weeknd before buying 1 final item the day after megadrops are finished when its delivered it will go straight back cause ive a feeling come monday or tuesday if they are on monday with it been the last day of the month then everything will be fine.

Last edited:
I have been watching for ages, and there is still no sign of one lol!

Couldnt agree more starlight lizzy and d from louth sell all theirs on ebay and are the same people. The vast majority of mine are kept or given away as presents, D from edinburgh keeps buying anything and everything so the 1 a week and your out rule is a joke there. Pual and Sheila from newquay are another pair.

susan from fishguard keeps going straight in on items and within a couple of hours she has gone off the list if its a non megadrop. Why havent you barred her sit-up?

I feel i am been picked on the most they have refused everything for 3 and a half weeks now. Megadrop and non megadrop items.

I am going to leave it now for the weeknd before buying 1 final item the day after megadrops are finished when its delivered it will go straight back cause ive a feeling come monday or tuesday if they are on monday with it been the last day of the month then everything will be fine.

To be honest, i wouldn't even give them the satisfaction of having another sale from you, not with their p&p charges. Plus, you will have to pay to send it back if you do as you plan.

Count your losses and stay clear of them, they are not worth it.

Well well well i had to laugh this morning when the gallery staff totally messed up 2 pieces of jewellery. They had with paul a ruby pendant but the graphics for the whole of the drop said 0.50ct diamond bracelet. i noticed this straight away but they didnt, and couldnt understand why people were not buying in the end it locked from £525 to £99 something without them noticing anyway they moved onto the bracelet and the graphics came up for 60 pendants it took about a minute for them to realise this and paul said we will be back with this soon i thought no you wont you've just locked up the correct graphics with the last product. Anyway they moved on to a third piece of jewellery and brought the pendant graphics up again quickly removed them and went onto the final item of the night a phone. Once the phone had locked they very quickly said goodnight with no mention of the mistake made on the first jewelery item.

Any way the reason im posting this is because steve Macdonald said the other night we cant have the megadrop dog on unless there is another megadrop so they have got away without doing a megadrop. I understand this was due to human error but was fun to watch and as a sorry they should have dropped the phone instead.

So will they do an extra one tomorrow only time will tell.

Last edited:
Ive just recieved a call from sit-up after sending them a nasty e-mail yesturday apparently the real reason is ive got too many megadrops. If i want my account un barring i now how to write to management to get it unbarred. Like i want it ****** unbarring they have lost a customer here, however i will be writing to management at the address given.

Apparently i was barred for just 1 week so i expalined i havent been able to buy anything for 3 weeks. He couldnt answer that 1 suprise suprise.

I also asked why i had been targeted when people like Susan from fishguard come straight in on stuff then just cancel it yet she still gets the megadrops. Oh you will have to put that in your letter.

Now how lucky am i apparently i will recieve the items bought from the 27th onwards. cheers sit-up very charitiable of you well you can stick them in a dark place.

so the terms and conditions are correct get more than 1 and your out.

Well im out for good

Go **** off sit-up

I wanted some harry potter collectors knight bus set yesturday so bought them and within the hour they were cancelled and my account was barred.

Anyone else having problems send them a nasty e-mail you will be amazed how they actually reply. I sent 3 last week and got no response just about sums up their customer services.

megadrops are a con

Hi Have had the same experience as others regarding the megadrops and when I ring them they say my bank card does not relate to the billing address that they have for me...yet this is not true nothing has changed in all the time I have been with them....then they say someone will phone back no one does....they are just stalling for time....have had lots of stuff cancelled...account barred...so have reached the end of my tether with them and as something seems very dodgy I have informed them that I will get in touch with watchdog. Its so annoying....the people at the call centre just play dumb when you challenge them.

I only got 2 megadops..

I got a megadrop on Friday and i must add it was the first megadrop i have ever had even though i have been shopping with sit-up for many years.
I was lucky enough to get another megadrop on sunday night as well and i thought 'wow' 2 megadrops in 3 days...
But guess what the megadrop i got on sunday has not been honoured.

I am not having a go at sit-up here but i do know they state in the t's & c's that any person having more than 1 megadrop in a week may have their account suspended or barred but come on those were the first ones i have EVER had.
So surely they can let me off and honour the second megadrop being as i have only had 2 in their 8 year history.

I've tryed so many times and never got one .
Did you do it online ?
I do think they should give it to you just for being a
good customer.

I got a megadrop on Friday and i must add it was the first megadrop i have ever had even though i have been shopping with sit-up for many years.
I was lucky enough to get another megadrop on sunday night as well and i thought 'wow' 2 megadrops in 3 days...
But guess what the megadrop i got on sunday has not been honoured.

I am not having a go at sit-up here but i do know they state in the t's & c's that any person having more than 1 megadrop in a week may have their account suspended or barred but come on those were the first ones i have EVER had.
So surely they can let me off and honour the second megadrop being as i have only had 2 in their 8 year history.

Yes very unfair thunderstorm. You should write to them and explain what a good customer you have been.

My accounts still all remain unbarred so clearly they dont want me to buy anything from them. I will be writing to the management with a list of people who have got more than 10 as i have a list of all the winners of every megadrop this year.

Good luck to anyone going to watchdog i hope they do something and you get your goods.

I've tryed so many times and never got one .
Did you do it online ?
I do think they should give it to you just for being a
good customer.

You have to be really quick. You have to either have 1 number left to dial on the phone or be on the phone at the time of the megadrop or buy online, however the website is very unreliable all year round it is always going down but even more so during the megadrop weeks.

If you watch all the time like i do you may hear the presenter say ive got 1 more megadrop left today. if they then get to their last item just call straight away and press 1 if its something you like.

Ive recently had a problem with Sit Up channels and was advised to go to the top. Google, Sit Up, for the executives then e mail them. It cant do any harm, make them earn their money!

as we know megadrops are back AGAIN yawn now on speed auction tv and they are up to their tricks again. I got 1 item on friday and 1 non megadrop item on friday and they have sent them no problem, however last night i won the sonic plakaway toothbrushes for £1 and guess what .Yes they have cancelled them but everyone else is still getting theirs. People who have purchased 10 or 15 over the 2 weeks are still getitng them D from louth, Lizzy from louth are the same people and just put everything on ebay. Then their is linda from leeds, Roy@dawn and many more. The system is a joke it deosnt work why dont they just stop doing them if they dont want to send them out.

I still havent sent the letter i was going to do in july as ive been gathering evidence. It will be getitng sent soon.

I also complained to the ASA regarding a jewellery avalanche on the 1 day in july they had the megadrops as you know every item has to go lower than the 1 before. They did the megadrop at the start of the hour therefore everything shoudl have gone lower. I got a reply back from the ASA saying they were not in breech of the promotion as there were 2 seperate promotions running 1) megadrop 2) jewellery avalanche. but the ring was branded jewellery avavlanche, The presenter said it was and the screen said it was but as usual they got away with it.

I complained to the ASA earlier in june too regarding megadrops. 1 night james said there was going to be at least 6 more but there was only 4. The reply back was there was a break down in communication during the shift swap. sit-up sends it appologies and has changed the shift hadnovers so this wont happen again.

So 2 complaints where they were in the wrong and they got away with both.

Last edited:
with so many people having problems with the sit-up channels,winning items and not getting them,no replys to emails,people on the phone being no help,accounts barred due to winning one to many cheap items and so on,its obvious that they have little respect for their customers.

As no one seems to have any luck getting answers to emails and phone calls from them then the best way is to go to outside sources.The show "watchdog" would be by far the best option to send your emails about the channels to ;)

Once you have contacted them and explained in detail what they are doing to their buyers then pop a quick email to sit-up and tell them that watchdog have been informed,i carn't imagine for one min that they will likw that :D

It will only happen though if people actually do it and not waste your time and energy trying to get any sense out of the people at sit-up.

A one pound drop should be a pleasant surprise not a realistic prospect

Suspicious....

Hi I'm new here and have been reading these threads with interest, especially this one. The con for me with megadrops is that sometimes the quantities fly out before the big "M" appears making me think that people know which items are going to go for £1. Is someone behind the scenes leaking info..... I don't know and don't want to know but it does seem suspicious. I have never been lucky to get in quickly enough on an "M" drop. Maybe from the problems I have read here the luck is actually not getting one.....;)

Latest posts

Back