Michael Perry’s plants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
On now during the 10-11am show. New cultivars of plants he is presenting from a nursery in Devon.

I think the plants are far too expensive even if new - the “improvements” he’s presented so far are minimal yet they are charging premium prices. The plants they send out are very small for the price too.

I hope the plants arrive in a good condition ready to ‘romp away’ during the summer.

I could never ever justify buying QVC plants. The prices are beyond ridiculous. I have one remaining Camelia from QVC and it cost more than all the other 5 put together. Its the worse plant of the lot from Plants2Gardens so never again.

The supermarkets have upped thier game considerably. Morrissons, Asda, Larger Tesco's have started selling some pretty fabulous fancy plants recently. All would cost four times the price in a "nice" Garden centre or Nursery.

On now during the 10-11am show. New cultivars of plants he is presenting from a nursery in Devon.

I think the plants are far too expensive even if new - the “improvements” he’s presented so far are minimal yet they are charging premium prices. The plants they send out are very small for the price too.

I hope the plants arrive in a good condition ready to ‘romp away’ during the summer.
For "romp away" read "die". I've wasted so much money on plants from branded companies (Thompson and Morgan, Suttons, etc). I have to say De Jager and P2G have always been good for me but bulbs are easy and P2G are always huge plants that have no chance of dying. I hardly every buy plug plants now.

CC

Hate the tiny pencil thin plug plants. I can grow them on as I am a very experienced gardener but they are not worth the money considering you will have to baby them for months and months and buy the compost before they flower.. I buy my plants from the dreaded high street chains and they are beautiful. My next door nieghbour just popped round with a tray of hanging basket plants from Homebase. They were reduced to 50p for six large and ready to plant out trailing varieties. One was a goner but they will thrive and look lovely no doubt.

I got some lovely Pansies from Tesco earlier in the year.
I bet you did. I have one plant that overwintered: beautiful lilac and purple coloured it was presumed dead. Put it in the pot with some other plants and its the most vigorous of the lot. I usually throw them away when they get straggly but not anymore

Latest posts

Back