Microban TSV "Lock-n-lock" set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I wish the presenters wouldn't keep saying "They only work out at £1-88 each".

NO THEY DON'T!

By the time you have added the £5-45 postage, they are £2-43 each.

Nevertheless, that is a good price, cheaper than Morissons own make that I was looking at yesterday.

Also, I find that with sets, you may get a few sizes you don't need, but you get others that are very difficult to find. Even Lakeland have a limited range of L-n-L, I have many useful sizes bought in the past from QVC and IW that I've never seen elsewhere.

BTW I tend to use them for loads of things other than food. I've just come back from holiday, and I fit various sizes into my suitcase so that they can't move around in it, and then put fragile items into the L-n-L's such as my camera that could easily get squashed when loads of cases are piled on top of mine, as in the coach luggage compartment.

I see good ole Malcolm "lock and lock everywhere" has defected to t'other side.

I quite fancied going for this set until I saw the p & p. I then came to my senses and thought I would NEVER go into a shop and pay £24.29 for them.

What sickened me were the references, without them naming brands, to similar products which apparently are very inferior to what they are selling today. I assume the brands they meant were Lock 'Lock - today's Prepology brand doesn't stain or retain odours like similar items -and Cooks Essentials silicone bakeware - Cuisinier doesn't stain like other kinds of silicone bakeware do and is far less flimsy. Did they forget that a lot of viewers have bought these similar items on the strength of QVC telling us how wonderful they are and now we are being told that in fact they are nothing to write home about.

I wish the presenters wouldn't keep saying "They only work out at £1-88 each".

NO THEY DON'T!

By the time you have added the £5-45 postage, they are £2-43 each.

Nevertheless, that is a good price, cheaper than Morissons own make that I was looking at yesterday.

Also, I find that with sets, you may get a few sizes you don't need, but you get others that are very difficult to find. Even Lakeland have a limited range of L-n-L, I have many useful sizes bought in the past from QVC and IW that I've never seen elsewhere.

BTW I tend to use them for loads of things other than food. I've just come back from holiday, and I fit various sizes into my suitcase so that they can't move around in it, and then put fragile items into the L-n-L's such as my camera that could easily get squashed when loads of cases are piled on top of mine, as in the coach luggage compartment.

I find the same as you; when I asked my mum which colour she preferred, she asked me if I was buying any more, cos I've got loads already! But I need more of a certain size, which is why I've ordered the smart snap. Plus, I've never had them with microban before - does it make any difference? I would prefer the p+p to be lower, and the cost of the product more. I always add the p+p before doing the math, especially with the now defunct LnL and the yankee candles.
Another use for the LnL for me is the storage of dog food and dog treats. As I breed boxers, the snacks are never in the container for too long!

What sickened me were the references, without them naming brands, to similar products which apparently are very inferior to what they are selling today. I assume the brands they meant were Lock 'Lock - today's Prepology brand doesn't stain or retain odours like similar items -and Cooks Essentials silicone bakeware - Cuisinier doesn't stain like other kinds of silicone bakeware do and is far less flimsy. Did they forget that a lot of viewers have bought these similar items on the strength of QVC telling us how wonderful they are and now we are being told that in fact they are nothing to write home about.

cobblers. its the same material. they stain, microban or not.

brilliant idea bulrz about the holiday use. I never thought of using them for that reason and when I go away, I'm always trying to puff out my camcorder and camera etc in case anything happens to them!

I know the p&p is extortionate, but £2-43 each is the sort of price you'ld pay for the small ones in shops, and the big ones cost far more than that, so I think they are a good buy. Also, I haven't seen the bowl shapes anywhere else.

PS it is me who uses them in my suitcase, I also put anything in them that could leak eg shampoo, shower gel bottles etc.

I watched last night and they said they were great for putting flower pots in!!!!!!!!

Sorry but we do not need telling what can be put in them.

i had some of those round bowl shaped ones from L&L. nightmare to store. i gave them away.

I received them today. Many of them are much larger than I envisaged (I like large ones) so even with the P&P they seem very good value.

However, I found the lids of the rectangular boxes very fiddly to line up and lock on. It probably took me an hour to get all the lids on! Hopefully I will get the knack of this, I've never had any problems with LnL's.

I received them today. Many of them are much larger than I envisaged (I like large ones) so even with the P&P they seem very good value.

However, I found the lids of the rectangular boxes very fiddly to line up and lock on. It probably took me an hour to get all the lids on! Hopefully I will get the knack of this, I've never had any problems with LnL's.

Was it a case of snap, prattle and lock then?! :wink:

I'd have flung them well before an hour s, you are not easily defeated.

I thought it was just me- yes the lids on the rectangular boxes do not just fit on easily. Not like LnL.

More annoying are the stupid stickers on each lid. Some are a pain to get off!

Overall though good kit...once you get the lids on!

Latest posts

Back