Mike Mason, lies, lies and more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other night, whilst selling a crappy telescope for £10, Mike said the International Space Station orbits the Earth twice a day. If he was as interested in the night sky as he says, he'd know it orbits the Earth every 90 minutes.

Despite the errors, the bullshit and the scare mongering, I still quite like him.

The other night, whilst selling a crappy telescope for £10, Mike said the International Space Station orbits the Earth twice a day. If he was as interested in the night sky as he says, he'd know it orbits the Earth every 90 minutes.

Despite the errors, the bullshit and the scare mongering, I still quite like him.

Pola, I do hope you're not suggesting that Mike's interest in Astronomy is nothing more than yet another crude sales tactic?

The guy is genuine, he has no ego and just happens to be experienced in many, many different trades or indeed hobbies.

I really don't understand the cynicism where Mike Mason is concerned. I value his vast knowledge, it's a real skill to explain things that are second nature to you and not sound patronising.

I hope you think on that Pola :wink:

Last edited:
I have seen Lisa receiving texts too but never heard anyone say what the mobile number is so I always assumed it was just another sales gimmick.

That's only because Lisa advertises in the back of the Sunday Sport.

Possibly :wait:

I'm sorry. You're right. Mike is the fountain of all knowledge.

He also says 'pacific' instead of 'specific'. Three times in about thirty minutes this week :grin:

I'm sorry. You're right. Mike is the fountain of all knowledge.

He also says 'pacific' instead of 'specific'. Three times in about thirty minutes this week :grin:

To be fair his ego is the size of the aforementioned ocean so not surprised he talks in those terms *giigle*

PJ.

Modest Mike was just doing a preview for (among other products) the Miracle Blades. He said 'i'll tell you what guys talk about sharp, these things should come with a health warning'.

Sounded like he was describing himself.

Modest Mike was just doing a preview for (among other products) the Miracle Blades. He said 'i'll tell you what guys talk about sharp, these things should come with a health warning'.

Sounded like he was describing himself.

He used them to cut his hair and look what happened there :drunk:

PJ

Modest Mike is selling his dongle again. It's the same old bullshit, he asks how many channels has Sky, Virgin and Freeview got? Then he says add them all together and they don't come near the 5000 channels the dongle provides. Very true Mike.

But what he dosen't say is what specific TV channels are on Sky, Virgin and Freeview but more pertinently what specific TV channels you get with the magic dongle other than, inexplicably, ITV which i'm pretty sure is available on itv.com anyway, and Bid TV which as we all know is also available on their own website.

Then he mentioned movies but strangely didn't show us any specific channel names. Odd that isn't it? Still, the Goddess needn't worry as they have Sky Movies don't they :wink: What a disingenuous little git. It's a bit like comparing Fortnum & Masons (pardon the pun) 600 products to Lidl's 5000.

He is now selling a Klaus Kobec and told us he and the Goddess stayed at the Grand Hotel in Brighton a few weeks ago and the watches were on sale there. That's a coincidence as
James Russell has told the exact same story. It's a small world isn't it?

Last edited:
He is now selling a Klaus Kobec and told us he and the Goddess stayed at the Grand Hotel in Brighton a few weeks ago and the watches were on sale there. That's a coincidence as
Presumably Sit-up sent some of their presenters to a cheap goods convention at the Grand Hotel a few weeks ago :wink:

Modest Mike is selling his dongle again. It's the same old bullshit, he asks how many channels has Sky, Virgin and Freeview got? Then he says add them all together and they don't come near the 5000 channels the dongle provides. Very true Mike.

But what he dosen't say is what specific TV channels are on Sky, Virgin and Freeview but more pertinently what specific TV channels you get with the magic dongle other than, inexplicably, ITV which i'm pretty sure is available on itv.com anyway, and Bid TV which as we all know is also available on their own website.

Then he mentioned movies but strangely didn't show us any specific channel names. Odd that isn't it? Still, the Goddess needn't worry as they have Sky Movies don't they :wink: What a disingenuous little git. It's a bit like comparing Fortnum & Masons (pardon the pun) 600 products to Lidl's 5000.

Did he mention the colour of the suitcase?

Battered and brown!

Honestly Momma the story was James Russell's almost word for word.

They are just incredible aren't they? They're not even subtle.

They're just stupid. Whose responsibility is it to keep track of these stories? We know they only repeat what's in their earpiece, so someone behind the scenes should maybe keep a diary for each of the presenters made up stories.

They get more ridiculous and sloppy every day.

Battered and brown!

Honestly Momma the story was James Russell's almost word for word.

They are just incredible aren't they? They're not even subtle.

I've not heard either James or mike telling that story
But I can personally vouch for mike. They did indeed stay
at that hotel for Valentines weekend. The hotel
does sell Klaus Kobec watches. So no lies on Mike's
word and if Janes said the same previously, then he
was not lying either.

was not lying either.

Can you find me a hotel that sells Christin Lars watches? :wonder: I would like to stay there for next valentines. Please ask Mike.:wonder:

was not lying either.

Hang on... if James/Mike are saying the same story then are you implying that James Russell & wife / Mike Mason & Goddess are in some kind of valentines love triangle... or would it be a square?

Horror! I don't drink but I'm seriously considering taking it up with these revelations :beer:

Latest posts

Back