Mike the electrician makes error

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't think there's anything wrong with positive posts about bid, we all make them - Even those who make mostly critical comments. What I have noticed that is most of the people who come on here to disagree with any critisism feel the need to have a personal dig at whoever posted it. What's wrong with " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price? Instead of " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price, so why don't you get off your arse and get a life?" - Nice eh?

find me a post were i told somebody to get of there arse and get a life merry and i will never post again

insults fly both ways and certain members have more power than others

way of the world

Don't think there's anything wrong with positive posts about bid, we all make them - Even those who make mostly critical comments. What I have noticed that is most of the people who come on here to disagree with any critisism feel the need to have a personal dig at whoever posted it. What's wrong with " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price? Instead of " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price, so why don't you get off your arse and get a life?" -

What? This is nuts? Bonkers? Your mad. Insane. Potty. What a BID basher! You know what you should do? You should get off your arse and .. Well, you know the rest. :)

Far too many insults being posted, certain members need to stop this sniping and personal attacks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion be it positive or negative but they shouldn't be pounced on for it, we don't all have the same opinion but we shouldn't be attacking each other for stating their opinion.

Far too many insults being posted, certain members need to stop this sniping and personal attacks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion be it positive or negative but they shouldn't be pounced on for it, we don't all have the same opinion but we shouldn't be attacking each other for stating their opinion.

I agreeSazza, but from a legal opinion. Perhaps you and Graham need to intervene more often as there's a lot of things
said on here that are inappropriate, and sometimes verging on slander. I know Graham has had a difficult time in the past with shopping channels so maybe you need to up your game. Comments on here are becoming serious and nothing is being
done about it.

Ofcom will be delivering their verdict so there will be something done about it...

As you well know, I am talking about personal attacks against presenters. There 's a big difference between
a presenters inaccuracies & personal attacks.

I agreeSazza, but from a legal opinion. Perhaps you and Graham need to intervene more often as there's a lot of things
said on here that are inappropriate, and sometimes verging on slander. I know Graham has had a difficult time in the past with shopping channels so maybe you need to up your game. Comments on here are becoming serious and nothing is being
done about it.

People are entitled to state their opinions and that includes their opinion of presenters.

If you see anything you deem to be slander than you should contact us to let us know as neither Graham nor I can be here 24/7 so we may miss the odd post so if it is highlighted to us then that is very helpful.

Last edited:
As you well know, I am talking about personal attacks against presenters. There 's a big difference between
a presenters inaccuracies & personal attacks.

Where has anyone made a personal attack? I don't read every post on here but most of what I see is criticism with how products are presented. Sure there may be tongue in cheek comments... e.g. Mike's lady/goddess or Nicola George taking her clothes off (I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me mentioning it again!). I think a lot of the negativity on this forum in particular has been brought about purely by a few presenters who've obviously got their backs up. If this was the year 2003 we'd all be friends! :(

Where has anyone made a personal attack? I don't read every post on here but most of what I see is criticism with how products are presented. Sure there may be tongue in cheek comments... e.g. Mike's lady/goddess or Nicola George taking her clothes off (I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me mentioning it again!). I think a lot of the negativity on this forum in particular has been brought about purely by a few presenters who've obviously got their backs up. If this was the year 2003 we'd all be friends! :(

There have been a few comments on here in the past that people should have been immediately been 'pulled on'. I'm not a moderator so it's not my place to say but I know they have been noted. People are entitled to opinions but calling people
'Liars' without any actual, full substantiation is slanderous. I fully suspect there are some people on here that know what goes on behind the scenes but a majority don't & just suspect & imagine. That's where the problem
Lies. They have no idea what goes on & how much work goes into the presenters' jobs behind the scenes.

There have been a few comments on here in the past that people should have been immediately been 'pulled on'. I'm not a moderator so it's not my place to say but I know they have been noted. People are entitled to opinions but calling people
'Liars' without any actual, full substantiation is slanderous. I fully suspect there are some people on here that know what goes on behind the scenes but a majority don't & just suspect & imagine. That's where the problem
Lies. They have no idea what goes on & how much work goes into the presenters' jobs behind the scenes.

I am sure the presenters work very hard behind the scenes but that doesn't mean they can make claims that are not true.

PJ

I will live with the fact that the ASA are that concerned they have handed it to OFFCOM and we all know what happened to the last shopping channel that happened to :)

Well then good for you PJ. I'm pleased you can sleep at night. Because of the company & the odd few, hundreds of employees with families to support would lose their jobs. But hey, that's ok right? Because everyone that watches shopping channels are morons who can 't read & are deliberately mislead right?

Well then good for you PJ. I'm pleased you can sleep at night. Because of the company & the odd few, hundreds of employees with families to support would lose their jobs. But hey, that's ok right? Because everyone that watches shopping channels are morons who can 't read & are deliberately mislead right?

They have been like this for well over a year. No I don't want people to loose their jobs but they fact that they still are playing the same tricks despite knowing offcom and ASA are on their backs shows me they shouldn't be in business. In fact I would say the past 3 years they have got worse and worse so this isn't a one off then them closing.

Don't think there's anything wrong with positive posts about bid, we all make them - Even those who make mostly critical comments. What I have noticed that is most of the people who come on here to disagree with any critisism feel the need to have a personal dig at whoever posted it. What's wrong with " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price? Instead of " Actually I think £7.99 per item is a good price, so why don't you get off your arse and get a life?" -

What? This is nuts? Bonkers? Your mad. Insane. Potty. What a BID basher! You know what you should do? You should get off your arse and .. Well, you know the rest. :)

You know what? You're right. I should get out and do something more constructive instead, then I'd stop spending all my flipping money on the shopping channels. On hols next week so a bit of a rest at least!

I will live with the fact that the ASA are that concerned they have handed it to OFFCOM and we all know what happened to the last shopping channel that happened to :)

You seem to pick all of the minor errors out PJ and you seem to know a lot about the ASA etc. so surely you would know it's actually OFCOM (One 'F')? And this isn't just a mistake, as you've been spelling it like that for months but I've kept quiet. Surely with you knowing a lot about media should know about that minor detail?

You seem to pick all of the minor errors out PJ and you seem to know a lot about the ASA etc. so surely you would know it's actually OFCOM (One 'F')? And this isn't just a mistake, as you've been spelling it like that for months but I've kept quiet. Surely with you knowing a lot about media should know about that minor detail?

Never contacted ofcom so didn't know how it was spelt. I will now spell it correctly.

Latest posts

Back