Models - where are they now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
This is an antidote to the many beauty threads at the moment, which is just a reflection anyway of what QVC is offering (of no interest or use to me at all, especially with the scrapping of The Sak programme).

Firstly, a mention of the beautiful Amica and Beulah, who sadly passed away recently. I still miss them both as they were staples of the channel and were always graceful, ladylike and unassuming.

But what about the others who have come and gone? Where is Beth, for instance? She used to be on a lot and I know she left to have a baby but didn't appear much after that. And all the others - have they been seen anywhere else?

I've seen Beth fairly recently, she has long hair now.

Remember pouty Jo, with the strange backwards leaning pose in fashion hours and irrepressible pouting during the make up shows? She fronted the Clientele brand for a couple of shows and then disappeared, to be seen only in haemerrhoid cream adds in magazines after that.

Jo(?) the Laura Geller and other make up model is probably on maternity leave now as she was heavily pregnant on the last LG TSV (I think it was the last one).

I don't know where they have all gone, some I know do quite a bit of TV work or simply stay at home to look after their babies (I'm assuming).

But I've recently been thinking of Amica and Beulah, and it occurred to me how nice it must be for us to remember them 2 years on. I still think of Amica modelling as well as the Beauty hours when she did the Decleor presentations. I looked at pictures of her today taken only a few weeks before her death, and I always though she looked so full of life and energy - you would never have known she was so ill - same with Beulah. I used to envy these two more than the others simply because I loved their personalities and their looks, they both inspired me.

To be honest, two people so full of life, and it's still hard to believe they are gone, even now I have a lump in my throat.

BRaRlFvCYAAMRrJ.jpg

Last edited:
Oh what lovely pictures of two beautiful ladies
I also loved to watch them both especially Amica as she seemed so friendly, I remember her announcing she was pregnant with Isadora
Who remembers Claudia as the Gale Hayman model?

This is an antidote to the many beauty threads at the moment, which is just a reflection anyway of what QVC is offering (of no interest or use to me at all, especially with the scrapping of The Sak programme).

Firstly, a mention of the beautiful Amica and Beulah, who sadly passed away recently. I still miss them both as they were staples of the channel and were always graceful, ladylike and unassuming.

But what about the others who have come and gone? Where is Beth, for instance? She used to be on a lot and I know she left to have a baby but didn't appear much after that. And all the others - have they been seen anywhere else?

Beth was on recently

I've seen Beth fairly recently, she has long hair now.

Remember pouty Jo, with the strange backwards leaning pose in fashion hours and irrepressible pouting during the make up shows? She fronted the Clientele brand for a couple of shows and then disappeared, to be seen only in haemerrhoid cream adds in magazines after that.

Perhaps that wasn't her pretentiously pouting, maybe she was in pain with her piles!

Does anyone remember who that blonde model was, she had short hair and was best friends with Tanya. She swore once on a beauty show with Alison Young and I never saw her again. (She's probably under the floorboards in Ali Youngs old dressing room).

Does anyone remember who that blonde model was, she had short hair and was best friends with Tanya. She swore once on a beauty show with Alison Young and I never saw her again. (She's probably under the floorboards in Ali Youngs old dressing room).

There was another Jo who went to model on Ideal World after leaving QVC and Loen said she'd been let go by them for being too big (she didn't look too big to me). Maybe that's the same model? I can't remember her surname at the moment. She was definitely Tanya's friend.

There was another Jo who went to model on Ideal World after leaving QVC and Loen said she'd been let go by them for being too big (she didn't look too big to me). Maybe that's the same model? I can't remember her surname at the moment. She was definitely Tanya's friend.

Was it Jo Skinner? She and Tania were a good laugh together.

Mind you Saffi the beautiful model with the corkscrew curls was dropped by her agency for being too big. The girl must be all of a 10/12 on a bad day!

Latest posts

Back