Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ii've just tuned into the Ronni Nicole hour to see some rather nice dresses, but the model is 6ft tall. :down:

Less than 1% of women are this tall (that's less than one in 100 women) so WHY use models who are totally unrepresentative of the buying market?

I know the fashion industry like stick thin Kate Moss's everywhere, but come on QVC, you are in a position of power to stop this ridiculous practice.
I'm not buying something unless it's on a model who looks normal. :wonder:

And while I'm having a moan, JF take note: Bolero is pronouced Bow-lair-oh, NOT Boller-row! :doh:

Actually all my life I have pronounced the shrug BOLERO as boller- row. The Bow-lair-oh is the dance - well, thats what I was told from a young age anyway !

I think QVC fashion is bad enough - but why do they dress the models the way they do???? I cannot get over why they are always in stilleto's and formal skirts??

Do you think that most people dress like this day to day???

I know I don't - I'd like them to sometimes have the centigrade hour with skinny jeans and emu's - the birkenstock hours with shorts or boyfriend jeans - kipling with combats or jeans and cat boots - I cannot see why they dress them in such an old fashioned way????

I'm always fascinated with the mystery of how QVC manage to get hold of disproportionate people to model their clothing....

For instance - I'm 6 feet tall and have a 35" inside leg; not particularly unusual I would say proportion-wise, but how come QVC's models can wear trousers that only have around a 29" inside leg and not have them flapping around their calves? Either they have unfeasibly short legs for such tall people, or the trousers they are given to model are in fact made longer especially for them....

If that is the case - can you throw a few pairs my way please? I'd like to be able to get hold of some strides that keep my ankles warm....!!

Jinny

Latest posts

Back