Molton Brown TSV 25/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not bought Molten Brown since they left Q the last time. Seen it in their stores and John Lewis but never been tempted. I am well and truly a L'Occitane girl. In stores, online and on QVC. The difference for me is not only a massive difference in quality but also the fact that in the sales in stores and online - L'Occitane have fantastic deals and Molton Brown don't.

Non Facebook users :)

11329847_10153364798084656_970352860294995395_n.jpg

I haven't been tempted by MB since they returned to Q at all if I'm honest.

To me, Jill Goldsmith was Molton Brown. She made the brand what it was IMO & her descriptions were fantastic. Who can forget the 'heady nights of expectation'? Ha Ha
The new guest is just bland to me. No different to any other brand ambassador. She just doesn't bring anything new or exciting to the brand.

I had always hoped that if & when MB returned, Jill would also return, but it wasn't to be unfortunately. IIRC Jill died not so long ago which was very sad, many long term viewers will remember just how good she was. RIP.

This is tempting! Unfortunately!!!! I thought I had some breathing space until the July YC launches. Depends on the price of course. I am not a fan of MB body lotions like many others on here, but I do love their gels, and Templetree is a big fave of mine.

Not my favourite hand washes & not fussed about blissful temple tree but would probably use all these or gift them
Glad it's not all those body lotions so might be tempted now depending on price

Do you wise people think it's ok to give a bottle (or two bottles) of Molton Brown hand/body wash as a gift in tissue, say, or would a recipient expect it to be in a box or other MB packaging? What I mean is, even if they didn't shop with QVC, would people know an unpackaged bottle was from a set of some sort and feel you had just offloaded something you didn't want or had been given? I know most people will realise MB is a luxury and be very grateful. Just wondering .....

I have a friend who loves the pepper ones Andik and I would often give her a bottle of that as a gift and it always went down well.

I normally would not buy gel tsvs however I am having a new ensuite and cloakroom and it would be nice to have 'posh' hand washes in them. I think the bottles look nicer than the l'occitane ones. It will depend on price for me.

Do you wise people think it's ok to give a bottle (or two bottles) of Molton Brown hand/body wash as a gift in tissue, say, or would a recipient expect it to be in a box or other MB packaging? What I mean is, even if they didn't shop with QVC, would people know an unpackaged bottle was from a set of some sort and feel you had just offloaded something you didn't want or had been given? I know most people will realise MB is a luxury and be very grateful. Just wondering .....
I honestly think it depends on the person AndiK. Take my mother for example. I could spend £50.00 on a Molton Brown collection for her as a gift, but it would mean nothing to her. It would be no different than a five pound Bayliss & Harding collection because I doubt she's ever heard of MB. But, for MB fans, I think, if care was taken with the wrapping etc, they would be delighted. Personally though, if I was giving some for a gift, I would prefer to give it if it was a gift. Hope all that makes sense!!

I have a friend who loves the pepper ones Andik and I would often give her a bottle of that as a gift and it always went down well.

I normally would not buy gel tsvs however I am having a new ensuite and cloakroom and it would be nice to have 'posh' hand washes in them. I think the bottles look nicer than the l'occitane ones. It will depend on price for me.

Totally agree Flamingo. L'Occitane bottles (especially Liquid Soap) are generally quite 'ugly' IYSWIM?

Tissue wrapped in a nice gift bag, perfect! The bottles are not packaged in boxes if you buy them in a store so I really do not think people would think they are split out from a Q set.

Of course it is acceptable, MB is available in several places, place where they do not give you MB packaging, just gets shoved in a carrier bag!

I honestly think it depends on the person AndiK. Take my mother for example. I could spend £50.00 on a Molton Brown collection for her as a gift, but it would mean nothing to her. It would be no different than a five pound Bayliss & Harding collection because I doubt she's ever heard of MB. But, for MB fans, I think, if care was taken with the wrapping etc, they would be delighted. Personally though, if I was giving some for a gift, I would prefer to give it if it was a gift. Hope all that makes sense!!

Eh??? :thinking:

Thanks.I have a friend who likes nearly all the handwashes. Maybe I'll get one with something else and put it in a pretty gift bag with tissue. I am sure it will be appreciated however it's wrapped, the more I think about it.

Latest posts

Back