more of the same bags ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I'm as much of a bag fiend as the next girly girl (?), BUT having seen yet another brand - Jack French London bags - to be aired, the products on the website seem to be yet more of the samey same.

Am I getting blase or are the designers running out of steam, only they all seem to be much of a muchness. Shades and styles like Lulu Guiness, same descriptions of buttery soft leather, loads of dark colours despite being in the Summer months, and very boring.

This Jack French also seems to have a logo similar to the Valentino one that also used to be aired some time ago. Or is it a revamp of the same company ?

Itchy I know what you mean, but can you think of another shorthand way of saying that the bag is deceptively small as you can fit more than you think in it? "like a tardis" is a 3 word simile! Anna eat your heart out.

Itchy I know what you mean, but can you think of another shorthand way of saying that the bag is deceptively small as you can fit more than you think in it? "like a tardis" is a 3 word simile! Anna eat your heart out.

Maybe, but I would rather they said that it is much larger than it looks. Some of these overused phrases really get on my nerves when they are said time and time again. Or maybe I am just a miserable old bag!

Buttery soft gets on my nerves.

I know I'm in the minority, but handbag shows get on my nerves. I don't understand the fixation on or need to have cupboards full of handbags (designer or otherwise) ..... or shoes for that matter. I suppose I'm just odd. :doh:

And now I'd better run for cover. :wink:

I am getting fed up with all the bags being "like a tardis"!! Some of us do not like to carry the world in our bags, and do not wish to be dwarfed by these "capacious" bags!!

The same goes for hand-held bags. Personally, I don't like them. Why can't the presenters at least show that the bag they are demo'ing will/won't go on the shoulder?

Also, the camera work is shocking! I want to see inside. I want to see it on the model to get a good persepctive. I do not want to see the two presenters gabbing on about nonsense with the bag not even in the frame!!! Oh and as Weathergirl and I have already discussed, no more bottles of water! Have a stash of things, make-up bags, purses, mobiles other than the iphone (to see if they fit in the pockets) etc and fill a bag live on air! A proper look at the colours would be good too, and not just focussing on the one that is selling the fastest. It's selling, common sense would tell me to focus on the ones that aren't!! Grrr!! Haha!!

I know I'm in the minority, but handbag shows get on my nerves. I don't understand the fixation on or need to have cupboards full of handbags (designer or otherwise) ..... or shoes for that matter. I suppose I'm just odd. :doh:

I don't understand it either...and I have cupboards full of bags!

Jude xx

Ooh No. I like watching the handbag shows, no matter what the brand. I do not have that many bags and the ones I would love are Lulu Guiness (chance would be a fine thing!). I have 3 Kipling bags, 1 LG, which is a small patent Anna bag, which I can only use as an evening bag as it is so tiny. I don't have the money to buy load of bags, but I doubt whether I would anyway. Its the same with shoes, some ladies I know have crazy amounts of shoes. Whatever floats your boat I suppose!

I'm soooo pleased I read this thread..........it got me thinking about the bags I have and I just remembered about the bright pink radley bag and matching purse hubby bought for my birthday last year............totally forgot about it............I'm going to get them out now and swap everything over!!!

Thanks for making me think!!

I only have 10 bags. For some reason I can't stand having more, as to me that is more than U can use. And I have this "thing" that on order to get value for money something has to be used to death, and repaired when it's damaged. If something is surplus it gets ebayed or gifted. My husband teases that if he puts something down I will either "hide" it (he means tidy) or throw it away or sell it!

But I do LOVE bags, and will always enjoy the shows in the quest for "THE" one. If I think I have found it I will be compelled to sell another because then I will have too many. What the hell is wrong with me ???

I don't understand the shoe thing, though.

And I've just found a jade leather cross body bag with tassles on and a red leather shoulder bag!!!Totally forgot about them too!! Champion nearly as good as getting a new one!!

I've been a bit sneaky and looked on the order history on Amazon................there's an order for a caffe latte kipling bag!! I haven't ordered it and it's my birthday soon!!! It's a Reth bag, has anyone got one already??

Lovely! I love bags!!!

Oops I forgot about my two Stone Mountain small leather cross body bags. They are nice for going out at night. What happened to that brand anyway?

Now ladies... Promise me you will take heed from this thread (and the l'occitane one where Akimbo "found" some shower gel in her cupboard).... Check your wardrobe and cupboards first before ordering. You may be surprised what you find!

I've dropped hints for few weeks that I didn't have a creamy coloured everyday bag, and they must have sunk in for once. Really fancied the caffe latte colour, it's summery and will go with loads of other colours.
Pleased you like them, really like Kipling bags I think they're for great everyday and holidays, do you have many??

I only have 10 bags. For some reason I can't stand having more, as to me that is more than U can use. And I have this "thing" that on order to get value for money something has to be used to death, and repaired when it's damaged. If something is surplus it gets ebayed or gifted. My husband teases that if he puts something down I will either "hide" it (he means tidy) or throw it away or sell it!

But I do LOVE bags, and will always enjoy the shows in the quest for "THE" one. If I think I have found it I will be compelled to sell another because then I will have too many. What the hell is wrong with me ???

I don't understand the shoe thing, though.

I'm like that, which is why it's bugging me that I don't use my LG enough :-(

I used to be the same about shoes, but I realised that most of them are totally not practical and I don't go out enough to carry on with my collection!! I can't get rid of any though, I have them all in clear boxes on my top floor landing, visitors love to stop and stare at them, haha!!

With bag, I am now trying to whittle them down to classics, mostly leather or a brand I really like. Still thinking of parting with one of my LG....do you reckon I can do it?!! :heartbroke: I think I could part with a gorgeous tan Betty Jackson leather bag easier, as it's just too big and I won't use it. Thing is, you only get peanuts on the bay! Anyone sold on Preloved before?

I too have 'loads' of bags, BUT because I have problems with storage some get 'tucked' inside others and get forgotten about, hence I find I use the same 2 or 3 on a regular basis, and in too much of a rush when dressed up to find a particular bag.

How do you store your bags - always ready to listen to easy ways !

Latest posts

Back