Most hated sales spiel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Specific to Q - I can't stand hearing AY constantly saying "For you" throughout her presentations - she often says it out of context so it makes even less sense.
Can't stand hearing presenters saying "well done" or even "congratulations" to people who've bought something
Saying "I bought something like this last week and it was twice the price and half the quality"
Suggesting that people buy a garment in every colourway because you can afford to do so at these prices despite the example being an acrylic jumper priced at £50, and the fact that if you did follow their advice your p&p bill alone would probably buy you a week's worth of groceries.
Presenters screaming at the camera telling their mum at home to order this for them
Food presentations...talking with mouths full, fake orgasms - just horrible
I've got a feeling this isn't gonna last to the end of this hour let alone till midnight....The list goes on!
OMG I am exactly the same, where AY gets that expression from heaven know, butshe has annoyed me with it past and present, no doubt future too!

This is your black. This is your anti wrinkle set. This is your xyz.

no it bliddy well isnt mine until I pay and its delivered. Until then it’s the black version etc.
This is part of the assumptive close technique. You keep talking to your prospective customer as if they already own the product...and yes, it does work!

Some of the fashion “phrases” annoy me.

A trouser, a T, etc.

Well, when I wear a trouser it’s got two legs so, as far as I’m concerned, I’m wearing a pair of trousers. I also own a T-shirt, not a T.

I guess they’re “Americanisms” or maybe I’m simply not trendy.

This is part of the assumptive close technique. You keep talking to your prospective customer as if they already own the product...and yes, it does work!

Fibby Flint always does this “get yours now!”
We’ll have to agree to disagree, this never has, never will, never would work on me.

To be honest I doubt there’s many that it would work on, especially after years of being desensitised to shopping telly presenters crap.

Fibby Flint always does this “get yours now!”
We’ll have to agree to disagree, this never has, never will, never would work on me.

To be honest I doubt there’s many that it would work on, especially after years of being desensitised to shopping telly presenters crap.
I'm not suggesting that when the Q crew use it, it works...but it is a tried and tested selling tactic in lots of areas. It should have made that clearer. We have all been watching and observing each flurry of new "calls to action" that they parrot incessantly...it's a kind of bull$*!t bingo at this stage.

Last night I caught a bit of Eildith (so?) Lordy that woman could give Del Boy a run for her money on the hard sell.

im not sue you told her that hairstyle with the bun and long uncombed tresses is a good look. She looked like someone out of a cheap production of the Mikado.
That's a brilliant description, she also needs to buy a lighter shade of DIY colour because that one's not doing her any favours.

'Collectors items'

That daft Dyson hair dryer BA is now claiming that their over priced coloured hair dryers are collectors. items!

And whats her face that's on with her is no advert for the product her hair looks dreadful

Latest posts

Back