Mothering Sunday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Just wanted to send love and best wishes to everyone on this special day. I know there are many like myself who no longer have their own Mums to visit or chat to so it really is a day of mixed feelings in more ways than one. I lost my dear Mum a number of years ago now and I still feel extremely sad on this day but my heart goes out to those experiencing their loss for the very first time. I hope you get through the day with those wonderful cherished memories. At the same time I feel for those who have not been fortunate enough to fulfill their dreams of motherhood. Love to all......:flower::flower::flower:

I lost my own mum a few years back now and our only child Tom also passed away when he was 19, so I have no mum and I'm not a mum any longer if you know what I mean and in Sept last year my MIL passed away she was 95 so this year we dont have to do anything regarding her which makes today very sad really and a bit meaningless I suppose .we put flowers on graves just to say we remember them today but I usually do put flowers on the graves most weeks weather permiting but I found this year really hard because my sister died last year leaving my two nieces without their mum this is the first mothering sunday for them and I dont know what I should do really on the one hand they know I'm always there for them and I know they have to get through today which is going to be really hard .On the other hand I dont want them to think I dont care by not saying anything to them I find it hard to know what to do maybe I'll ring them tomorrow to see if they are o.k .

I lost my own mum a few years back now and our only child Tom also passed away when he was 19, so I have no mum and I'm not a mum any longer if you know what I mean and in Sept last year my MIL passed away she was 95 so this year we dont have to do anything regarding her which makes today very sad really and a bit meaningless I suppose .we put flowers on graves just to say we remember them today but I usually do put flowers on the graves most weeks weather permiting but I found this year really hard because my sister died last year leaving my two nieces without their mum this is the first mothering sunday for them and I dont know what I should do really on the one hand they know I'm always there for them and I know they have to get through today which is going to be really hard .On the other hand I dont want them to think I dont care by not saying anything to them I find it hard to know what to do maybe I'll ring them tomorrow to see if they are o.k .

Please don't leave it till tomorrow, contact your nieces today, even if you just send a text to say you are thinking of them on this difficult day. Of course, I don't know how your family deal with these things, but I rarely if ever hear from my brother and I feel more hurt than I feel I should ....

Oh Milly, what a sad post to read. Since the loss of my dear Mum I have always found this to be a very tough day but I do my best to focus on all the wonderful memories and hope that she will be looking down on me with the feeling that she is proud of her daughter making a good job of being a Mum herself.

Love and strength to everyone, especially people like our dear PetPixie whose loss will be feeling so raw right now. xxxxx

Thanks Mediastar I did as you suggested and contacted both the girls in the evening,.
and I'm pleased I did. Of course they both knew I was thinking of them but just a few words with them was nice and they said it was a hard day to get through but they were was both happy I got in touch.Its funny I feel more settled now so thankyou I just needed someone to sort of tell me it was the right thing to do.Just a word of advice about your brother contact him occasionally just to say Hi and how are you doing I also have a brother and if I did'nt do that to him I dont think he would contact me its a bloke thing and I can understand that feeling of hurt you get but family are special and we sometimes have to work hard to keep in touch with each other hope it helps

Latest posts

Back