Ms Huntley - 30 day MBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC is a business, if people abuse the MBG and send back nearly everything they order and often for a minor reason, they are going to loose money! And as I have seen on this forum some people are sooo picky or they order stuff and the next day say its going back! For goodness sake people, consider what you are ordering properly! So yes, the people that have their account shut deserve to do so. My family have been ordering for years and have never reurned anything.
Complete rubbish and your family must be one in a million and very easily pleased. QVC is a shop, albeit an online one, and imho must allow their customers the same choice as any other retail establishment. If I go into a High Street shop I can pick up the goods and look at them carefully, try them on, generally assess their suitability etc etc and either buy when satisfied they are for me or if not, just hand them back to the assistant - job done. Buying from QVC doesn't give us this same freedom of choice so it must be our perogative to return items we do not either like or find to be suitable and QVC needs to accept this fact of life. They will never lose money because they sell at a considerable profit and also fleece us with their p&p charges. Other huge retailers such as M&S, Next, HOF etc do not penalise their online customers with a ridiculous returns policy and it's about time QVC got real and discontinued theirs.

I think the difference between QVC and others is that their stuff doesn't have to be sent back in pristine condition. You get your money back whatever the state, which to me is ridiculous.

QVC is a business, if people abuse the MBG and send back nearly everything they order and often for a minor reason, they are going to loose money! And as I have seen on this forum some people are sooo picky or they order stuff and the next day say its going back! For goodness sake people, consider what you are ordering properly! So yes, the people that have their account shut deserve to do so. My family have been ordering for years and have never reurned anything.

Then you & your family are truly blessed:angel: that you have never ever had to send anything back in all those years. I myself am not someone who orders on a whim & then just send things back. I send an item back because its not up to the standard that was demonstrated i.e. an item clearly marked as a size 16 that a size 12 would struggle to fit into with ease :angry: It is a KNOWN fact that QVC's clothes sizing leave a lot to be desired.

There is also a little thing in the UK called Trading Standards. Any item sold has to be fit for its purpose. We as customers have every right to return items that do not reflect what was advertised to encourage sales.

I think the difference between QVC and others is that their stuff doesn't have to be sent back in pristine condition. You get your money back whatever the state, which to me is ridiculous.
And I bet they flog much much more on the back of it Waterlily, and many people will keep things anyway because either the MBG has run out or they forget to return it or just can't be bothered to send stuff back. Personally I would never return or send anything back anywhere not as it was received, unless faulty of course but this could be made a condition of QVC's return policy.

And that is the crux of the matter, try taking something back to M&S that you have worn for a few weeks and unless its faulty you wont get your money back. I have sent things back but it has always been straight away I know straight away if I am going to like something or not. The skincare is a plus with the MBG you would never be allowed to take make up or skin care back to a shop if you didnt get on with it or just changed your mind.

You only have to go to the outlets to see the state some things are sent back in I'm not saying anyone here has but there are definatly people out there who do abuse the MBG.

QVC are a buisness and they can choose who they sell too if someones returns are high then of course they have to look at the reasons why before closing someones account but if the customers wont discuss the reasons with them and just gets upset about them being penalised for using the MBG then QVC cant do anything. I understand that people who have had their accounts closed are contacted first.

QVC is like any other shop before buying anything people need to consider if it is what they actually want its very easy to get "caught up" in the sales pitch of the presenters. No one should just buy willy nilly because there is the MBG, and the presenter are not lying about it if you send something back regardless of the state of it you get your money back.

No they don't! For heaven's sake there's not many people who'd deliberately order something they pretty much knew that they didn't want, just so they could have the joy of packing it all back up, queuing up in the post office, and then have to pay for the pleasure! The C in QVC, I believe is supposed to stand for convenience, so they are actively encouraging us to buy try something, and if we don't like it for whatever reason send it back, if they included prepaid returns labels, then perhaps you could accuse people of taking the pi$$.

There's also nothing wrong with being picky either, I wouldn't take a coat to the checkout if the buttonholes were loose, or the hemline was uneven.Why should I put up with shoddy workmanship just because I've ordered it online?, after all , I've just sat through an hour long presentation extolling the fabulous quality and have seen it being modelled....it looked,and sounded good then, so I expect it to be good now!

I would urge you to come down from your high horse, and feel fortunate that you've as yet, not had any reason to have to send something back to QVC.

QVC are a buisness and they can choose who they sell too if someones returns are high then of course they have to look at the reasons why before closing someones account but if the customers wont discuss the reasons with them and just gets upset about them being penalised for using the MBG then QVC cant do anything. I understand that people who have had their accounts closed are contacted first.
Well your understanding is clearly faulty because QVC did not contact me to discuss my reasons for my returns, so don't presume you know everything and don't believe all the bull that QVC state in their T&Cs.

QVC is like any other shop before buying anything people need to consider if it is what they actually want its very easy to get "caught up" in the sales pitch of the presenters. No one should just buy willy nilly because there is the MBG, and the presenter are not lying about it if you send something back regardless of the state of it you get your money back.
Please don't preach and see my previous post about High St v QVC and considering whether to purchase or not. Presenters do not tell the whole truth regarding 'no quibble' returns as there is an agenda and this needs to be made transparent.

Most of my purchases from qvc are make up & cosmetics, and of course I want to open them & use them, otherwise how would I know if they suit me or agree with my skin which can be very reactive.

As far as I know, qvc is the only retailer that offers this option with make up & skin care & I for one very much appreciate it, and take advantage of it as qvc actively encourage us to do!

I do return things fairly regularly if they are not suitable or do not live up to the promises made on air, but have not had the letter so I must be under 50%. If I am contacted I would be prepared to fight my corner as PPC has done, as the supposedly 'no quibble' mbg is one of my main reasons for shopping with qvc & is constantly shoved down our throats by all the presenters, with no disclaimers!

Please don't preach and see my previous post about High St v QVC and considering whether to purchase or not. Presenters do not tell the whole truth regarding 'no quibble' returns as there is an agenda and this needs to be made transparent.

I was not preaching I was merly stating my opinion and understanding if you dont like other peoples opinions maybe an internet forum is not the place for you.
The fact is that they do give you your money back regardless of the state of the returns and as a buisness they can choose who they sell to and who they dont. Whilst we are suggesting about reading previous posts might I suggest you see my previous post where I said

I'm not defending how they work but to say someone is lying in this case is in my opinion incorrect

The original post stated that Catherine was lying about the 30 day MBG the fact that they choose to close to close the accounts of those customers who have a high rate of returns is a different issue to the refunding of money paid under the 30 day MBG. They should probably make their terms and conditions clearer but they are not LYING about the MBG

I was not preaching I was merly stating my opinion and understanding if you dont like other peoples opinions maybe an internet forum is not the place for you.
The fact is that they do give you your money back regardless of the state of the returns and as a buisness they can choose who they sell to and who they dont. Whilst we are suggesting about reading previous posts might I suggest you see my previous post where I said

The original post stated that Catherine was lying about the 30 day MBG the fact that they choose to close to close the accounts of those customers who have a high rate of returns is a different issue to the refunding of money paid under the 30 day MBG. They should probably make their terms and conditions clearer but they are not LYING about the MBG

Exaggerating, being economical with the truth, lying. It all amounts to the same thing really. The presenters mislead us into believing that we can return ''No Quibble '' money back guarantee. This is NOT entirely right is it ? The fact is that too many returns & the QVC police are after you.

It would be more realistic & helpful if the presenters stated that we do have a no quibble money back guaranteee subject to our terms & conditions which you can find on our web site etc. However unlikely they are going to say that. They are all under pressure to sell & likely having '' sweetners '' thrown at them that they will be awarded bonuses.

QVC is hard sell. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a reality check.

Last edited:
Thankyou for your very kind advice but I don't think I need it from you, after a very long membership here. :mysmilie_61:

Last edited:
Well I will consider myself told then :grin:, must have missed the bit about legnth of membership before an opinion was allowed when I registered 2 years ago:angel:

I still maintain that the MBG is a valuable service that high street shops do not offer across the board and that if people have high rates of returns then QVC as a business has the right to close accounts.
I have never said that they shouldnt make it clearer about their policy regarding membership but that is not the same thing as the MBG therefore the assertion in the original post was incorrect, Catherine did not lie about the MBG.

And I bet they flog much much more on the back of it Waterlily, and many people will keep things anyway because either the MBG has run out or they forget to return it or just can't be bothered to send stuff back. Personally I would never return or send anything back anywhere not as it was received, unless faulty of course but this could be made a condition of QVC's return policy.

lol Yes I agree, when we moved I found so much stuff that had been looked at but was still in its box not used (mainly kitchen stuff). Some stuff I've got I can't remember how to use it lol.

It's just the stories I hear from people who have been to the outlet stores that disgusts me

I have sent a fair bit of stuff back but all in good condition unless there was something wrong with it

lol Yes I agree, when we moved I found so much stuff that had been looked at but was still in its box not used (mainly kitchen stuff). Some stuff I've got I can't remember how to use it lol.
I'm sure we've all done that hon. My classic was a full size Pilates machine that sat in my computer room for 3 years in its box after I realised I didn't have enough space to exercise on it. :mysmilie_61: In the end I gave the big bugga away. :doh:
It's just the stories I hear from people who have been to the outlet stores that disgusts me
Never been to an outlet hon but I know I'd take anything gross up to the counter and demand that the Manager take it off show. :talking: Cos I'm gobby like that. :blush:
I have sent a fair bit of stuff back but all in good condition unless there was something wrong with it
You'll be next for THE LETTER then. :wink:

Gawd knows hon as no-one bothered to call and tell me to discuss it, but basically anything that wasn't suitable or I just didn't like in the flesh and the MBG is their hook for sales and they push it to the limit. Misleading selling tactics imho and the angle I shall persue with the ASA if necessary.

As long as Q?V?C? continue to send out shoddy shity goods like a coat with missing buttons and a hood that won't stay on, a jacket that measures 4 inches less than stated and a kaftan with an unstitched sleeve i'll keep returning at their expense. Most certainly NOT MY FAULT

As long as Q?V?C? continue to send out shoddy shity goods like a coat with missing buttons and a hood that won't stay on, a jacket that measures 4 inches less than stated and a kaftan with an unstitched sleeve i'll keep returning at their expense. Most certainly NOT MY FAULT

Now, look, Jamesy, that kaftan with the 'unstitched sleeve' was a 4XL, and I told you before you ordered it that your 7XL frame would never fit in such a snug garment. I know you were trying to impress Demis with your new slimline figure, but you really should have worn the Slim 'n' Lift around your tummy, not round your wrist, though I must say it was a good fit.
Incidentally, did that coat have missing buttons, or is it simply that you tried to fasten them???? Now, tell the truth, I won't mention it to anyone else...

Latest posts

Back