My geandson's first gig aged 16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OH plays guitar so I showed him this clip - he thought they were very good, although not his sort of music. He was wondering:
a) did you teach Sean;
b) does he ever use a tremolo arm - couldn't see one on the clip;
and c&d) do you use one and what type of music do you normally play?

Bet I can guess!! 7 letter word - starts and ends with "S" - well known backing group??

As he lives a long way from me, the last time I saw him was about 2 years ago.

I persuaded him to get his Dad's guitar out of the loft (the Strat), then I tuned it up for him and showed him a few things to practice. (His dad does not live with him).

I heard that he had become very keen on playing it, but it was a total surprise to me when I saw the video.

I always use the tremelo arm on my Strat, and my influence was Buddy Holly, hence my forum name, although I do play some Shadows stuff, but never quite got the right sound.

...... and my influence was Buddy Holly, hence my forum name.......

Of course, should have realised!

I don't take a great deal of notice tbh but from the little I've absorbed over the years, I understand that achieving the right sound for The Shadows stuff is down to using certain amps, foot pedals and other gizmos - Echo units (?).

I'll probably be struck down for saying so but it's not my favourite sort of music ...........

Stratobuddy you must be very proud of him maybe not every ones music choice but he's young and thats what they like ,good on him hope he goes far with it .

Latest posts

Back