My Neck

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've "invested" in a couple of neck creams over the last few months (Clientele and Philosophy) but I'm not sure if I'm applying them correctly. I do take right round to the back of my neck and down onto the decolletage but I don't know whether to smooth the cream into the neck with upward or downward strokes.

Instinctively I smooth upwards to reduce the amount of stretch but I have a vague memory of Andrew Bagley saying that french women smooth donwards.

What's best please ?

Thanks ladies

Linda :wave2:

Oooo I don't know! I do the smoothing upwards thing - but I don't do round the back which Julia and Andrew Bagpuss were saying we should on the Gatineau shows this time.

i smooth downwards, Linda. it just feels the natural way to do it, but i do not have any 'scientific' explanation for it.

:hi: xxx

I have done some massage courses in the past and you are taught to massage towards the heart, therefore i always do downwards strokes.

I've always read that you should do it upward but on the gatineau neck cream it says to do it downward?!?

And when u see the keeley from Elemis she always does in upward too

Think which ever way you want really as long as you are not being too rough

When I'm doing it myself I always massage downwards but when I'm having facials/neck treatments, the beautician uses upwards strokes. I always forget to do the back of my neck as I'm usually in a rush and my hair would stick to it.

My instinct is to go upwards against gravity but I guess do whatever you feel works best,however i'd definitely say don't neglect the skin on the back of your neck as this is part of the scaffolding which helps keep your baps up :)

I've got a mental pic of massaging all the skin downwards and having it all pooling around my ankles!:rock:

I really can not see that spending a couple of minutes a day, stroking the cream in in an upwards motion, is going to make all that much difference against the pull of gravity. So I honestly put the cream on how I feel, and believe with all my heart that putting it on will make the difference

Why would you want to do the back of your neck? Who is going to care if I have wrinkles at the back of my neck - I don't think many people are going to see them. I think that they are just trying to get you to use more of their expensive creams so that you have to buy more of them. I am an upwards applier as have seen it done more often this way on demonstrations but agree that as long as it is done gently and not dragging on the skin the cream must be more beneficial than the application! :confused2:

Being a "woman of age" I tried a couple of neck creams including the much complimented Gatineau one and they gave me a spotty neck. My local Clarins rep said not to bother and to use my day cream down to my "decollete" (sp)

I use upwards movements & always do the back of my neck.
Like Julia,I listened to Carolyn from Decleor years ago & she always said to do the back :happy:

Thanks all. I will stick to an upward motion, carry on round the back and once the posh cream has run out I will try the cheaper ones.

Thanks all. I will stick to an upward motion, carry on round the back and once the posh cream has run out I will try the cheaper ones.

Linda,I'm using the horrible Aldi moisturiser round the back of my neck atm,not my good one :cool2:
It only cost a few euro,I didn't like it but didn't want to throw it away.

My instinct is to go upwards against gravity but I guess do whatever you feel works best,however i'd definitely say don't neglect the skin on the back of your neck as this is part of the scaffolding which helps keep your baps up :)

CLASSIC!!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:(These are supposed to be laughing!!)

Latest posts

Back