Nails inc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

delh

Registered Shopper
I really really want the chic indulgence collection:thinking: but...... nail inc varnishes last a couple of hours before chipping on my nails.

Is it something I am doing I always use a base coat 2 coats of colour and a top coat and Leighton Denny and Jessica varnishes last over a week when I use them but not nails inc. I need talking out of it because I just know I am in serious danger of succumbing and then not be able to use them

Yes, I have to agree Delh, Nails Inc. don't seem to have the staying power of other brands. Shame because some of the colours are lovely. I've got lots of them but rarely use them for this reason.

Me three - they do not last as long as Leighton Denny, Jessica or OPI - even when I use the same (Seche Vite) top coat over each one!

I'm glad its not just me, was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. Its just such a shame as some of their collections are gorgeous I really love the chic indulgence one and would wear all the colours at some time. There was a metallics one on earlier which also had fabulous colours.

I really really want the chic indulgence collection:thinking: but...... nail inc varnishes last a couple of hours before chipping on my nails.

Is it something I am doing I always use a base coat 2 coats of colour and a top coat and Leighton Denny and Jessica varnishes last over a week when I use them but not nails inc. I need talking out of it because I just know I am in serious danger of succumbing and then not be able to use them

Noooooo you don't literally actually need it! :happy:

To be honest I am not a fan of Nails Inc as I don't think they are the same quality as OPI, Leighton Denny or Jessica and do seem to chip easily. Having said that one of the key things to prevent chipping is to make sure the nail plate is completely free from grease, something like OPI's Chip Skip is perfect or any other similar product that removes any oils/grease from the nail plate (not polish remover though) then apply base coat etc.

If it still chips easily then it is likely that the polish is not of good quality.

:sun:

I'll balance the discussion - i love Nails inc(and Leighton Denny and OPI). All the QVC brands last at least a week on my nails - sometimes i have to take the lacquer/polish off because i want to change my colour - I prepare my nails by removing all polish/lacquer then i buff my nails using usually a LD buffer - and even nail length with LD crystal nail file and i apply OPI Chip Skip then i apply Kensington Caviar base coat and two coats of whatever polish/lacquer i'm using at the time and finish with Kensington Caviar top coat. This works for me as i've not had a chip(nail varnish wise) for many months. I top up my top coat for shine during the week.

You need Seche Vite topcoat. It makes any nail varnish stay on and dries REALLY quick. It's on the Q at the moment in a duo for £15.50.

Its funny, but Nails Inc is one of the only brands that does not chip easily on me. I love Leightons colours but they never last more than 3 days. I don't do anything special, just the caviar base, 2 coats polish and the caviar top coat. They always last at least a week. I am glad I did not see their shows today as I would not resist temptation and I really do not need any more, do I?

Me too. I paint my nails on a Sunday and remove it the following Sunday and Nails Inc and OPI lasts but Leighton denny peels right off. I do 2 coats of nail envy, two coats of colour and the caviar top coat.

This week I have Nails Inc Maddox Lane with opalescent nail paint on the top - looks fab!

I think this afternoon's Nails Inc metallics collection was the absolutely loveliest collection I've ever seen. Having read your comments I'm in 2 minds about buying it ?? :thinking:

I'll balance the discussion - i love Nails inc(and Leighton Denny and OPI). All the QVC brands last at least a week on my nails - sometimes i have to take the lacquer/polish off because i want to change my colour - I prepare my nails by removing all polish/lacquer then i buff my nails using usually a LD buffer - and even nail length with LD crystal nail file and i apply OPI Chip Skip then i apply Kensington Caviar base coat and two coats of whatever polish/lacquer i'm using at the time and finish with Kensington Caviar top coat. This works for me as i've not had a chip(nail varnish wise) for many months. I top up my top coat for shine during the week.

Do you mind me asking how long your routine takes, and is the polish completely dry and hardened off by that time ?

Thanks

Linda xx

I think this afternoon's Nails Inc metallics collection was the absolutely loveliest collection I've ever seen. Having read your comments I'm in 2 minds about buying it ?? :thinking:

I've got that metallics collection & it's beautiful.
Haven't noticed it chipping though I only use it on my toenails tbh

Do you mind me asking how long your routine takes, and is the polish completely dry and hardened off by that time ?

Thanks

Linda xx

Hi Linda

From start to finish i would say about 30 mins(hands only) about 10mins more when doing my feet too - i'm used to doing the routine now and always make sure i have bright light directly onto my hands,so i dont miss any part of my nails. Before i start i "set" up my table with everything i need for my manicure. I find the Nails inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat does what it says on the tin - touch dry in 45 sec and completely dry in around 2-3 mins. I dont know if the OPI Chip Skip does anything? but i've got to say i never get any chips since using it so its a permanent part of my weekly manicure sessions now. The only polish i've had problems with setting was a Leighton Denny colour - but that was only once and i think i still had some oil on my nails from doing my cuticles - manicurists always seem to advise making sure our nails are clean and dry before painting. HTH

Linda(QP)X

Its funny, but Nails Inc is one of the only brands that does not chip easily on me. I love Leightons colours but they never last more than 3 days. I don't do anything special, just the caviar base, 2 coats polish and the caviar top coat. They always last at least a week. I am glad I did not see their shows today as I would not resist temptation and I really do not need any more, do I?[/QUOTE]

Hi Itchy - i'm the worst person to advise re having too many polishes/lacquers as my philosophy is a girl cant have too many!!:wonder: I did watch the Nails inc show yesterday and ordered the Black Crackle collection(cant wait to try this) - i also bought the Indugence collection and the Autumn/Winter collection(for the grelic(grey/lilac) colour) but in my defence i'm sharing the Indulgence and A/W collections with two girlfriends so i'm not being too naughty:blush::wonder: We've had the need/want discussion re nail polishes/lacquers before on the forum - unfortunately(for my wallet/bank manager) i come down on the want not need side:devil: QPx

Its funny, but Nails Inc is one of the only brands that does not chip easily on me. I love Leightons colours but they never last more than 3 days. I don't do anything special, just the caviar base, 2 coats polish and the caviar top coat. They always last at least a week. I am glad I did not see their shows today as I would not resist temptation and I really do not need any more, do I?[/QUOTE]

Hi Itchy - i'm the worst person to advise re having too many polishes/lacquers as my philosophy is a girl cant have too many!!:wonder: I did watch the Nails inc show yesterday and ordered the Black Crackle collection(cant wait to try this) - i also bought the Indugence collection and the Autumn/Winter collection(for the grelic(grey/lilac) colour) but in my defence i'm sharing the Indulgence and A/W collections with two girlfriends so i'm not being too naughty:blush::wonder: We've had the need/want discussion re nail polishes/lacquers before on the forum - unfortunately(for my wallet/bank manager) i come down on the want not need side:devil: QPx

Ahah - a girl after my own heart! Nails Inc don't seem to be that popular on here but I love em. The Autumn/Winter collection really tempts me, but I will hold off for a while. Just got Basil Street which is in the Jermyn St stable, but lighter. I might put that on now!

I liked the look of the Autumn/Winter collection and a couple of colours - Lennox Gardens and Basil street but didn't buy anything. The days of my buying a collection or TSV for 1 or 2 items is long gone. However I did hit a well known auction site this morning :cheeky:

Hi QVC Princess. Can you let us all know what you think to the Black Crackle collection when you have tried it. I didn't watch any of beauty day but looked at the video on the website. It looked good.I tried to order it but it had sold out. :mysmilie_499:

Hi WSO40 - No problem - i'll start a thread (if not started already) when i've tried itxx I think i'm going to try it over Jermyn St/Supermodel as i think it will be a better daytime look(your not the only one on the wrong side of 40!!) for me? but will not be able to resist "playing" with the silver/pearlescent colour which comes with the BC and also i like the idea of trying it over a silver glitter polish(as Heather suggested on BD). It did sell out very quickly on the day - i think we were all glad to find something different? It will be back in stock before you know itxx Linda QPxx

I'm sad I missed the crackle collection - I've been thinking about getting OPI's Black Shatter for a while now, but the Nails Inc would've worked out better as I like the two colours that come in the set. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get it back in stock at some point if it was that popular.

Latest posts

Back