New Sales Pitch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Simon Wilson tells QVC shoppers to buy his pieces even if they don't like them. You can always re-sell them, he added. A particularly tasteless skull brooch - clearly the late Queen with crown and pearl necklace - sold out. It was deeply discounted, but I fully believe people bought it because of his advice. Bizzare.

He was with Flint, wasn’t he yesterday. I mean…in an on-air sense..Imagine being a studio hand neither liked and stuck with them for an hour. I think I would rather eat my own eyeballs - which is similar to the feeling I get when he shows me his pieces (retail ones).

He was with Flint, wasn’t he yesterday. I mean…in an on-air sense..Imagine being a studio hand neither liked and stuck with them for an hour. I think I would rather eat my own eyeballs - which is similar to the feeling I get when he shows me his pieces (retail ones).
The pair of them were on for two hours. I couldn't stomach it.

I find somewhat of an arrogance in that statement by him saying to people along the lines of 'just buy this stuff. I don't care whether you like it or not - you'll get your money back, somehow'. Clearly, he appears not to value their opinion, but more the contents of their pockets. Of course, old Skin, no doubt, probably got down on her knees and licked his feet at that point. So reverent is she and others to him. I also believe bullet hole ridden German helmets from WW2 from the Wehrmacht's disastrous campaign in Russia are going up in value. I don't like bullet hole ridden German helmets from the Second World War, but using his logic I should buy a tank full and then sell them on again. Buy things that you like. Not what old crusty face tells you to.

I didn’t see it. Sounds like Simon is losing it ,but I notice the presenters are mentioning the coronation more.
Yesterday one of the new ones talked about wearing a Frank Usher creation to a coronation garden party.
I don’t hear too much enthusiasm for the coronation at least where I live.
We did a party for the Jubilee .

I find somewhat of an arrogance in that statement by him saying to people along the lines of 'just buy this stuff. I don't care whether you like it or not - you'll get your money back, somehow'. Clearly, he appears not to value their opinion, but more the contents of their pockets. Of course, old Skin, no doubt, probably got down on her knees and licked his feet at that point. So reverent is she and others to him. I also believe bullet hole ridden German helmets from WW2 from the Wehrmacht's disastrous campaign in Russia are going up in value. I don't like bullet hole ridden German helmets from the Second World War, but using his logic I should buy a tank full and then sell them on again. Buy things that you like. Not what old crusty face tells you to.
old crusty face...... :LOL:

I mean they all try and hurry you on and say "Just buy it" and then give you that reassuring "If you find it's not for you, you can always send it back" but suggesting that you buy something even if you don't like the look of it in the first place, that's ridiculous beyond belief - at least say "It might not be to your taste, perhaps you've got a goth granddaughter, she'd love it!" What I'm saying is at least make a blinking effort! You're right, it's arrogant in the extreme to imagine that any old piece of B&W will do if the price is right -it's tantamount to saying " We all know you'd prefer a beautiful peacock brooch but beggars can't be choosers"

Ugh. His disdain for the QVC shopper is plain. I don't watch but I always got the impression he felt he was too good to be there but at least he made a load of money to make up for it.

He needs to face facts. It's not 1972, the Newcomers isn't coming back, Dandelion Records has closed down, and Carnaby Street being up and coming was ten years earlier. Pot Noodles have been invented and your Betamax video is out of date. I.E. It's 2023 and you are selling gear on a shopping channel, Mate. Turn down yer schnozzle and give the punters the courtesy of making choices on what they like - not what you tell them to do.

The Duke mentioned how QVC presenters bow and scrape to him. It must be because they fear his disrespectful tongue. Over the years, I have witnessed his scathing and quite brutal comments to some of the presenters. Most of them must dread appearing with him. He has them in a position that they cannot answer him back or they'd lose their jobs. Thoroughly unpleasant individual imo.

He certainly has a face that has chewed far too many wasps in its time. A similar expression to the Marquis of Montrose in Rob Roy at times. Whenever I've seen him on air without Roberts, there has always been a sense of the presenter being on edge, worried they're going to incur his acid tongue somehow by showing one of his trinkets at an unflattering angle. Perhaps the other one, Stan Butler played by Shergar on the deck of the Marie Celeste with Lord Lucan on top was a more pleasant guest? But I can't say I've ever seen him on the channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
He certainly has a face that has chewed far too many wasps in its time. A similar expression to the Marquis of Montrose in Rob Roy at times. Whenever I've seen him on air without Roberts, there has always been a sense of the presenter being on edge, worried they're going to incur his acid tongue somehow by showing one of his trinkets at an unflattering angle. Perhaps the other one, Stan Butler played by Shergar on the deck of the Marie Celeste with Lord Lucan on top was a more pleasant guest? But I can't say I've ever seen him on the channel.
The Butler part of the duo used to be on QVC USA, selling similar tasteless trinkets. I don't know if he's still there.

Latest posts

Back