New shampoo needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I use (and like) the Liz Earle shampoo but am always in the market for a new one to try. My hair is blonde (natural but now with assistance) straight and quite fine, about shoulder length. As you know I go for Emma Hardie skincare, L'Occitane bath and shower and the odd Liz Earle so my tastes are of that " ilk". Any reccommendations for a new shampoo? I'm nearly at the bottom of the tube.

Well I hopped on to recommend Liz Earle lol. That's no bliddy use is it.

As for QVC shampoos I've only tried Liz Earle and Ojon. Ojon was fine but nothing special. Liz Earle is better than I thought it would brand I would repurchase.

Outside of QVC my favourite shampoo has to be Tigi Brunette Goddess but in your case it would be Blonde Goddess.

Thanks Donna, Tink and THANKS loveinamist!! May have been tempted to buy Ojon but defo not now! Don't tell me, Aveda are owned by Lauder too???

Loccitane and ojon is my fav both make hair look fuller and so shiny. Saying that I had a voucher for M&S and they are selling the Philip Kingsley range so I got some of that but still to try it it out...

Which L'Occitane Goldie? Alexis says she uses one of them but I don't know which one. She has lovely hair.

Weathergirl, I'm looking for a new shampoo too. Can anyone can recommend a shampoo for a itchy scalp but with hair on the greasy side, years ago I used Aveda but it was a bit on the expensive side, Liz Earle made my head itch and L'Occitane left it greasier than ever, so now I just use Head & Shoulders and that stops the itching but fancied trying something a bit more 'glamorous'.
Can anyone remember MOP? I never got on with that either, it just didn't seem to get my hair clean.

Nettie have you tried Redken? They used to do a shampoo for an oily scalp. White bottle with gold writing. I think.

I've just had a look on line and the scalp relief oil detox looks like the one you mean, it's exactly what I'm looking for and has good reviews, and if I order 2 I get a free mascara.............

Thank Tinkerbelle

i'm a keen swimmer and i'm allergic to chlorine so have really looked into this. head and shoulders itchy scalp care is the one that works best for me. not glamorous i know but when your head is itching, who cares?

I've just had a look on line and the scalp relief oil detox looks like the one you mean, it's exactly what I'm looking for and has good reviews, and if I order 2 I get a free mascara.............

Thank Tinkerbelle

That's the one! Hope you like it.

I use (and like) the Liz Earle shampoo but am always in the market for a new one to try. My hair is blonde (natural but now with assistance) straight and quite fine, about shoulder length. As you know I go for Emma Hardie skincare, L'Occitane bath and shower and the odd Liz Earle so my tastes are of that " ilk". Any reccommendations for a new shampoo? I'm nearly at the bottom of the tube.

My hair is probably similar to yours,Weathergirl & I use three or four frequently,all equally good.

Redken Blonde Glam really good for bringing out highlights & adding shine,Redken Extreme (brill for adding moisture to hair that has been slightly damaged by colouring),Kerastase Resistance which is slightly dearer but is excellent for strenghtening fine,weakened hair due to colouring.

The new Ojon imo are c*ap,I'm still using my last litre bottle of the old formulation,it's so concentrated it lasts & lasts.
Such a shame that Denis let the brand be bought out.

I'm a Wen girl. Couldn't tell you what's in it but it works for my fine, tinted shoulder length, fine, straight hair...did I mention fine? The added bonus is the time saved in the shower...wet hair apply Wen and leave it for the rest of the shower then rinse off...no need to use a conditioner.

Jude xx

I'd hop in to recommend the A'kin range that QVC used to stock. Not cheap, but I personally found the range to be the best I've tried on my hair. FeelUnique and MyPure very often have deals on the range. No nasties in them, very subtle scents and they get your hair clean without stripping it. I've tried everything shampoo/conditioner wise in the range and not been disappointed - they also do a lovely intensive conditioner and a leave in treatment.

I'm using Liz Earle and have reordered a few times now. Wish it wasn't in a tube though as it's difficult to get the last of it out of the tube. Have to cut it open which is a nuisance at the gym. Also started using Aveda Be Curly stuff after washing and then just leaving it to dry naturally. So far, so good although quite pricey!

I recently developed a sensitivity to the original formulation Ojon, fortunately I've just about used up my stash.
Neutrogena T Gel has sorted out my itchy irrtated scalp in just a few days. Not very glam, I know, but it worked!

Latest posts

Back