Nilamani Kyanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marietta

Registered Shopper
Tuned in to Adina's show this evening, just for curiosity. During the show, she announced that we were now going to view a video of Dave Troth, šŸ˜©speaking directly from the Nilamani mine location. On comes Trothy, speaking to us lucky viewers, telling us he was at the Nilamani mines. It was a sunny, mountainous location, and looked like a place that Kyanite would be found. But, did he mention Kyanite? No, not even once! He waffled on about Nilamani, as though it were the name of a newly found gemstone! How can you find a mine for a non-existent gemstone? As we all know, Nilamani is not the name of a gemstone, yet here he was, at the Nilamani mine! Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to the waffle any longer, and switched channels.
Perhaps he did mention Kyanite towards the end, but all I could hear was Nilamani, Nilamani, Nila-******-mani! This behaviour is ridiculously deceptive. I had visions of people going into Jewellery shops up & down the country looking for the 'new' stone!
Did anyone else see this? As I said, maybe he did mention that it was Kyanite at some stage, but this habit of giving their own names to gemstones, like Csarite, Tulelei, Nilamani etc. is ridiculuous and very misleading. Am I the only one who finds this extremely irritating? To quote a quip from a previous poster, "Nurse, where's my Pills?" šŸ¤•

I've just caught Adina on a re-run selling a turquoise beaded necklace, advising people to buy 2 or 3 of them

81.50cts Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Sterling Silver Necklace

Ā£599.00

What planet are these people on!

Tuned in to Adina's show this evening, just for curiosity. During the show, she announced that we were now going to view a video of Dave Troth, šŸ˜©speaking directly from the Nilamani mine location. On comes Trothy, speaking to us lucky viewers, telling us he was at the Nilamani mines. It was a sunny, mountainous location, and looked like a place that Kyanite would be found. But, did he mention Kyanite? No, not even once! He waffled on about Nilamani, as though it were the name of a newly found gemstone! How can you find a mine for a non-existent gemstone? As we all know, Nilamani is not the name of a gemstone, yet here he was, at the Nilamani mine! Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to the waffle any longer, and switched channels.
Perhaps he did mention Kyanite towards the end, but all I could hear was Nilamani, Nilamani, Nila-******-mani! This behaviour is ridiculously deceptive. I had visions of people going into Jewellery shops up & down the country looking for the 'new' stone!
Did anyone else see this? As I said, maybe he did mention that it was Kyanite at some stage, but this habit of giving their own names to gemstones, like Csarite, Tulelei, Nilamani etc. is ridiculuous and very misleading. Am I the only one who finds this extremely irritating? To quote a quip from a previous poster, "Nurse, where's my Pills?" šŸ¤•
one of the reasons I havenā€™t bought anything since June. I was just so fed up with the misleading information given out in so many presentations. From, as you pointed out, renaming stones and not pointing out what they actually are to not explaining the treatments. I once saw a review from a customer who had bought a Nilimani piece and he said ā€˜Itā€™s a sapphire, what else is there to say?ā€™ . No mate, itā€™s not. You think itā€™s a sapphire because the presentation drew comparisons to sapphires, never ever mentioning that it is Kyanite.

I've just caught Adina on a re-run selling a turquoise beaded necklace, advising people to buy 2 or 3 of them

Ā£599.00

What planet are these people on!
Same necklace, smaller carat weight - and the price ?

33.05cts Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Sterling Silver Necklace

33.05cts Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Sterling Silver Necklace

Ā£599.00
They are not same, one is 5mm rounds and the other is 3mm rounds so they definitely shouldn't be same price!!

They are not same, one is 5mm rounds and the other is 3mm rounds so they definitely shouldn't be same price!!
I agree and to be fair to Gemporia the show I was watching this morning was a re-run. Lyndsey has since done the smaller carat weight at a much lower price.

Troff knows exactly what he's doing by omitting the actual name of the gem. It's all about obfuscation and leading people to believe that they are getting something entirely different which is why they keep repeating the phrase,Kashmir Sapphire.

Exactly this.

They do have one VT though that says "The miners that discovered Nilamani allocated that name to the finest grade Kyanite".

But if the MINERS named it, why did GEMPORIA change the name of ALL of the old-stock blue Kyanite on Gem Collector from Kyanite to Nilamani (including poor quality, banded cabochons).

Also, if the MINERS named it, why has this particular piece of jewellery had its name changed by GEMPORIA too?

Screenshot.jpg

Calling it Nilamani lets them shove the price up. Is why lots of other gems get renamed by Gemporia.

Or, as others have said, not mentioning that it's kyanite and constantly comparing it to Kashmir sapphire will confuse at least some viewers into thinking that they're getting a totally different gemstone entirely.

Personally, I think that Gemporia is doing both. And you can't say "Well, just look at the on-screen graphics", because they don't say that it's kyanite either. It's just Nilamani, apparently.

That's definitely not letting customers make an informed decision to buy.

Tuned in after work to hear the ever eloquent Jess Folley who was shouting about a ā€JARGOON stones ā€ we needed to buy immediately from the Bennet vault in Geneva!

Apologies if I not spelled correctly, never heard it or seen ā€the amazing Jargoonā€œ or so I thought ā€¦.looked up on what she was flogging and the graphics said ā€œRatanakiri White Zirconā€šŸ§

Has anyone seen that show? I tuned in half way through and then saw that she was selling the same items that were previously called Ratanakiri White Zircon.

Have I missed some invaluable ā€Industry updateā€ or ā€œUrgent pearls of wisdom from Tucson Jakeā€?

Have I missed some invaluable ā€Industry updateā€ or ā€œUrgent pearls of wisdom from Tucson Jakeā€?
No, you haven't missed anything at all. It's the usual flummery from Gemporia. Jargoons are zircons.

Plenty of stuff available on this word, it's use and history and, for me, that's where Gemporia are muddying the waters to get some cachet - and I don't know why, except to sound big and clever. Sri Lankan or Persian in origin, it is usually now taken to mean zircons that are not red, pink or "hyacinth" in hue, which are almost always rose cut.

If I hear or see the word being used, I fully expect it to be referring to a stone in a Georgian or Victorian piece of antique jewellery (three images of examples attached). Don't care what TGGC says, no piece of modern jewellery can ever be described as being set with jargoons - even the range of rose cut zircon jewellery they had a few years ago. (Incidentally, an eBay seller wants Ā£900 for one of those pieces and the top 7am/3pm/7pm show price for it was only ever Ā£499. I remember because, when I saw the range, I immediately thought of antique jargoons jewellery šŸ™ƒ.)

So, no, you haven't missed anything. It's Gemporia hype.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-06-04-58-34-376.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-06-04-58-34-376.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 04a0b3_515355a47ad2455199e67765e0f8267a~mv2.jpg
    04a0b3_515355a47ad2455199e67765e0f8267a~mv2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17
  • il_794xN.2823716609_mtq4.jpg
    il_794xN.2823716609_mtq4.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 17
She kept using that word last week too.

It's obvious that she's just been on Google, seen that word as an example, and just used irepeatedly to try to sound clever.

She did the same last week with Aquamarine, describing it as 'iridescent grade'.

Aquamarine doesn't have iridescence, and even if it did, its an optical phenomenon anyway - not a 'grade'.

It's beyond me how she keeps getting better time slots. She's by far the worst presenter on Gemporia - and possibly even selly telly.

She makes Peter Simon look competent and professional.

Latest posts

Back