now we know who's to blame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

" the Como team undertook extensive value engineering exercises to meet the client’s budget."

In other words had to really think hard about how to do it on the cheap.

..couple of rolls of woodchip and some carpet square oddments and I'd have done it for £99 plus change!

Jude xx

I'm sure I could have rustled something up using some washing up liquid bottles, string, coloured paper, a few cardboard tubes, yoghurt pots and good old sticky back plastic - all for a cool half million or less. :wink: :tongue:

I'm sure I could have rustled something up using some washing up liquid bottles, string, coloured paper, a few cardboard tubes, yoghurt pots and good old sticky back plastic - all for a cool half million or less. :wink: :tongue:

Like the one you made earlier dolly?

Just watching the 1am show and the wood/formica whatever behind Dale looks atrocious. I wouldn't have paid for shoddy work like that.

I'm having a hard time getting the figure EIGHTEEN MILLION POUNDS round my head for this.

Seriously? I would have done it for a quarter!

Como said:
installing AV mounts on all the roof chiller units to prevent any building vibration during filming, installing AV mounts on all internal M&E equipment in the studios, editing voice over booths to achieve a 67db requirement

There was NOTHING wrong with what they had before! Talk about using more of the Earth's natural resources to achieve nothing!

Como said:
designing presenter changing rooms

My vision = A table, mirror, lamp, flower wall picture and chair from Ikea - total cost... £200 (no lamp for Charlie -£30)

Como said:
make-up rooms to deal with the high quality HD filming

This can be done in the same ****** changing room. Cost = £0.

Como said:
installing infinity walls to the broadcasting studio

My vision = A wall with egg holders... £50

Como said:
designing employee canteen seating 120.

Table and chairs from Ikea, Nice floral wall pattern, ex-used school meal serving equipment and grumpy dinner ladies to keep everyone in check = £400.

Como said:
Como project manager, Bob Cooper commented: “We’re delighted to be building on our broadcasting fit-out experience and our relationships with the professional team on this fantastic project for QVC. It’ll be a great opportunity to expand our fit-out knowledge with a prime time broadcasting company and see first-hand what technical requirements are needed to broadcast in full HD. With the client also aiming for a BREEAM excellent rating, we’ll be implementing a waste segregation strategy, which will result in six separate waste streams being disposed of in line with the company’s environment policy”

I'd be delighted as well talking cobblers and raking in £18m.

The WORLD is nuts! :drunk:

Last edited:
Aw c'mon, you cant tell me that once having 'designed' the canteen and dressing rooms, these people don't have interior designers on board. Also it doesn't make sense there would be a different firm contracted to do the studio sets.

Q should ask for a refund from whoever designed the sets, they are truly awful!

This could be the biggest PR disaster since Paul Lavers lowered the chips into an overfilled deep fat fryer and all the oil came out! :giggle:

Those sets remind me of something, can't quite put my finger on it. The glossy wood effect laminate floors and the layout.

At the beginning of one of yesterday's shows Debbie Flint said "welcome to the Bat Cave " Made me laugh.

I love Debbie Flint. The new sets must remind her of her days in the broom cupboard with CBBC

Latest posts

Back