Ofcom launches investigation into the Sit-up channels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm going to stick up for Mike a bit here. Ok, he's faced with a mobile phone that's so "yesterday" he'd probably only deem fit to give it to his kid, a cheap suit, he can see's badly made,and most certainly wouldn't be seen dead in, and a usb stick you bung into the front of your computer and you might pick up a few extra Japanese shopping channels - what a lot of ****!!!!...and he's got to sell it. Now he knows that a lot of his viewers will be tuning in to try and get something cheap, 'cause after all, it is the nation's biggest discount channel, and that these people probably can't afford to the buy the latest I phone, that he's got, have every Sky package that's going, or buy themselves a decent suit. Is he just showing off? or is he, by endorsing the products himself (not very convincingly I must add) trying to make the viewer feel as though they haven't failed in life if they have to settle for cheap and nasty crap like that? I don't like his presenting style, it's boorish and aggressive, I hate the way he accuses everybody in the world of trying to harm his family somehow (see panoramic rear view mirrors), of being jealous of him. To me this is the mark of a man with a giant sized chip on his shoulder. He has done well for himself in life...good for him...frankly we don't care, and imo the sooner he realises that the better! He's here to sell the crap- end of - I don't like him, but I think his sales pitch is at best misguided. There are far far worse presenters on that channel, for whom bullsh7t just oozes from their inner soul, one of 'ems left, but the other two are still here in all their gurning and dribbling glory!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to stick up for Mike a bit here. Ok, he's faced with a mobile phone that's so "yesterday" he'd probably only deem fit to give it to his kid, a cheap suit, he can see's badly made,and most certainly wouldn't be seen dead in, and a usb stick you bung into the front of your computer and you might pick up a few extra Japanese shopping channels - what a lot of ****!!!!...and he's got to sell it. Now he knows that a lot of his viewers will be tuning in to try and get something cheap, 'cause after all, it is the nation's biggest discount channel, and that these people probably can't afford to the buy the latest I phone, that he's got, have every Sky package that's going, or buy themselves a decent suit. Is he just showing off? or is he, by endorsing the products himself (not very convincingly I must add) trying to make the viewer feel as though they haven't failed in life if they have to settle for cheap and nasty crap like that? I don't like his presenting style, it's boorish and aggressive, I hate the way he accuses everybody in the world of trying to harm his family somehow (see panoramic rear view mirrors), of being jealous of him. To me this is the mark of a man with a giant sized chip on his shoulder. He has done well for himself in life...good for him...frankly we don't care, and imo the sooner he realises that the better! He's here to sell the crap- end of - I don't like him, but I think his sales pitch is a best misguided. There are far far worse presenters on that channel, for whom bullsh7t just oozes from their inner soul, one of 'ems left, but the other two are still here in all their gurning and dribbling glory!!!

I think Mason is very shrewd in the sense he dosen't tell untruths about the actual products, he merely tells a story to sell it. The classic example is indeed his Dongle, and his utterly ludicrous spiel about how many channels Virgin. Sky have blah blah blah. So, while he isn't lying about the product he most certainly is planting a seed in the viewers mind which may well make less sophisticated people think the item is a replacement for expensive Pay TV subscriptions. Of course it isn't, if it was he would have cancelled his own Sky wouldn't he?

That is just one example of the kind of thing that, for me, makes him so dislikable. There are many, many others, as has been mentioned on here over time. I won't be sorry to his style of presenting end if OFCOM throw the book at Sit-Up. However, I would certainly welcome a more candid, friendly, far less aggressive Mike onto our screens.

And please, cut out the sexism. It is now becoming a very obvious problem, it's completely inappropriate.

Last edited:
Wow I feel honoured that I am getting so much under his skin that he mentioned me I am gutted I missed it.

M&M one more time as you seemed to gave missed it. The ASA rulings don't mention which presenter the are ruling against so how do you know he hasn't ruled against him or is this further proof that you know this because your bosses told him known of them are him and that you are Mike after all? Come on bid are going off air soon so why not admit it.

PJ

Wow I feel honoured that I am getting so much under his skin that he mentioned me I am gutted I missed it.

M&M one more time as you seemed to gave missed it. The ASA rulings don't mention which presenter the are ruling against so how do you know he hasn't ruled against him or is this further proof that you know this because your bosses told him known of them are him and that you are Mike after all? Come on bid are going off air soon so why not admit it.

PJ

Oh, I saw it. His words might have been brief and innocuous enough, but his seriously over the top, demented-looking grin definitely seemed to betray his true feelings. There's no doubt you have indeed got under his skin.

Oh, I saw it. His words might have been brief and innocuous enough, but his seriously over the top, demented-looking grin definitely seemed to betray his true feelings. There's no doubt you have indeed got under his skin.

I saw it too. After his usual 'shout outs' of a couple of people, he rolled his piece of paper with the names on up, threw it out in front of him and said 'and hello PJ' with his thumbs up and one of those deep false laughs he does.

I couldn't quite believe it :eek:

Poor Mike, it sounds like he might be feeling the pressure?

If I was him i'd maybe have a word with Mr James. Perhaps he could help him calm down and hopefully be a touch more humble, given the circumstances.

I know how much he likes to give out advice but sometimes we all need to take some. Being arrogant at this time is probably not a good idea.

Awwww I am gutted I missed it. Thanks for the mention Mike. How about I come up and we could do coffee together ;-)

You've got me, under your skin hahahahaha

PJ

PS it was very unprofessional but it made my day ;-)

If only Parks and Recreation wasn't on I would have seen it. Poor deluded Mike thinking I watch him all the time. Mike you are the Coldplay of TV. If nothing else is on you'll do ;-)

PJ

I wonder if his bosses knows he is using his position on TV to talk to me. Wonder if the crew knew why he said hello to me.

I wonder if his bosses knows he is using his position on TV to talk to me. Wonder if the crew knew why he said hello to me.

I suspect they all know about this forum and they just laugh off the criticism. I'm getting the impression they have a siege mentality, you know like 'it's us against the world'.

Mind you, they have every right to be defensive. I would be too.

for someone (MM) who said he has a tough skin and can take comments... I find the whole thing quite unprofessional and childish really. They need to stop all this and focus on being professional... otherwise they'll simply lose their licence. ASA have had enough and if they annoy Ofcom they may as well send their licence to the Ofcom office in London tomorrow evening before the week is out. :wave::coffee:

i dont see a problem in him saying hello to you on the show pj

ok he said it with a grimace but you could not prove he meant anything by it

myself and a few others have been mentioned on air before

dont let it bother you

i dont see a problem in him saying hello to you on the show pj

ok he said it with a grimace but you could not prove he meant anything by it

myself and a few others have been mentioned on air before

dont let it bother you

Oh it didn't bother me. It was like Christmas and birthday in one. Shows I am getting to him :)

Oh it didn't bother me. It was like Christmas and birthday in one. Shows I am getting to him :)

Can I have your autograph please PJ you are now famous:mysmilie_486::mysmilie_486::mysmilie_505:?

I doubt he'd ever say hello to me on air like he did you PJ

Can't see him saying 'Mommabear' live on air, would make him sound a bit daft :giggle:

I bet he has a little teddybear in his room he sticks pins in :grin:

I believe he loves The Wirral, it's his favourite place in the North.

Last edited:
Can I have your autograph please PJ you are now famous:mysmilie_486::mysmilie_486::mysmilie_505:?

Hehe yeah of course ;-) going on the z list they normally get it also qualifies me for Celeb Big Brother :p

Hope he mentions me again tonight, go on please Mikey go on I missed it ;-)

Latest posts

Back