Oh, Sally

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bag. Not bad.
Again you are grammatically incorrect.
This is amusing.

You say that my asking why you keep saytng the words "simple as" in most of your posts (which I exaggerated for comedic purposes) is my trying to force you out of the forum.

Yet here you are using people's typos to have a go at them. Are you trying to force people out of this lovely community?

The worst thing about being a hypocrite on the internet is that your hypocrisy is always there for people to see.

Yet here you are using people's typos to have a go at them. Are you trying to force people out of this lovely community?

Yeah, I have to say I feel pretty …disappointed when I see people criticise typos (or spelling, or grammar) in forums or on social media.

I appreciate this is a tangent, but it helps to remember that there are all sorts of 'reasons' why people might make typos, or struggle with spelling and grammar (not least of which: being human). The implication when criticising people for making a typo or grammatical error is that they don't have the right to post an opinion unless it's written to a specific exacting standard.

Forums are made up of people from all sorts of backgrounds, walks of life, and experiences so I always engage with points people make, and not the 'presentation'.

Yeah, I have to say I feel pretty …disappointed when I see people criticise typos (or spelling, or grammar) in forums or on social media.

I appreciate this is a tangent, but it helps to remember that there are all sorts of 'reasons' why people might make typos, or struggle with spelling and grammar (not least of which: being human). The implication in criticising people or calling them out for making a typo or grammatical error is gross: it implies they don't have the right to post an opinion unless it's written to a specific exacting standard.
Attacking people for making typos is basically what people do if they're losing an argument.

You can't maneuver around something the other person's said, or think of anything to counter a point they've made, so you try to make everyone else think that your opponent is stupid instead. That way, everything they've previously said is hopefully undermined.

It's a very underhand way of behaving. Unfortunately, the internet seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Leaving aside typos etc I have used the inside pocket to put my earings in. I am allergic to nickel yet can’t afford all gold/ silver earrings so I occasionally wear nickel posts. My ears get itchy after a while and I take them out. I’m not defending Sally J. Let’s face it they all talk rubbish most of the time.

FACT

Selly telly presenters, by the very nature of what they do, are complicit in delivering whatever sales strategy the channel deems acceptable.

If said strategy encompasses deception to whatever extent, the presenters are an integral part. This forum plays a valuable part in ensuring anyone who chooses to read knows about various dubious sales techniques and not to believe much of what the presenters spout.

The PRESENTERS know much of what they're saying is bullsh1t.

Differing degrees I would agree with that Cheeky

This type of "selling" has certainly mainly fallen away in retail but is still seen daily in estate agents (the old fashioned bricks and mortar ones in particular) car dealerships and a few other places

You could quite easily make a good argument that in the online world the rampant buying of fake reviews for products (and numerous other practices) is just as bad

Will always happen where companies need to make money sadly just evolves with time

Differing degrees I would agree with that Cheeky

This type of "selling" has certainly mainly fallen away in retail but is still seen daily in estate agents (the old fashioned bricks and mortar ones in particular) car dealerships and a few other places

You could quite easily make a good argument that in the online world the rampant buying of fake reviews for products (and numerous other practices) is just as bad

Will always happen where companies need to make money sadly just evolves with time
Agree, it's by no means exclusive to selly telly.

Won’t be a popular opinion but have really enjoyed sally this evening. I can see why some are not fans bit for me she is been good. She had mentioned on all presentations that budget pay is the first of x instalments (something a lot of presenters do not mention). She and Kieran have worked well together and shared the screen time. She is over excited but it comes across as genuine and she looks like she is really enjoying presenting the jewellery tonight.

Won’t be a popular opinion but have really enjoyed sally this evening. I can see why some are not fans bit for me she is been good. She had mentioned on all presentations that budget pay is the first of x instalments (something a lot of presenters do not mention). She and Kieran have worked well together and shared the screen time. She is over excited but it comes across as genuine and she looks like she is really enjoying presenting the jewellery tonight.
I totally agree with everything you said here. I noticed how clearly Sally explained budget pay throughout the show and enjoyed watching her and Kieran presenting together. I usually switch channels, especially when one item is on for a long time, but they kept me tuned in last night :)

I saw Sally for the first time the other night and wasn’t impressed, changed the whole feel of the programme. Felt sorry for Rob as he smiled at her tales.
Off topic but I also heard him mention about customer open day, does anyone know how to be able to go to one of those???

Off topic but I also heard him mention about customer open day, does anyone know how to be able to go to one of those???
@RachWhit If this helps, in one of my orders a few months ago, they included a flyer card for an invite to a TJC Open Day at the Heathrow Sheraton on the Bath Road. (TJC are based in Feltham, Middlesex, not far from Heathrow).

But it was not free. It was £50 for a ticket, but the flyer said you got something like £150+ worth of "discounts and gifts" and from memory it was across Beauty products, fragrances, fashion/clothing and cosmetics, and jewellery/gems, more than homeware or garden or tech stuff that appeals more to me.

The date for that was in July or Aug or earlier in the year I think, but I guess they schedule more. Don't know if they do them in other locations too.

It didn't appeal to me, but if you're more into the TJC stuff you see on TV, jewels/gems/beauty, more than their website offers, then it might appeal.

Flicking through the channels as you do and Sally Jacks was on flogging a handbag This is a new one on me but it went something like this
You know that pocket inside the bag? It's perfect for keeping your earrings in when they start to become to heavy and start hurt your ears. Sometimes they get too heavy, right? Just pop them in there and you're good to go. I do not wear earrings so is it a valid point?
Are you sure she didn't mean you should pop your ears in the pocket when they get too heavy? :)I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what she meant - engaging brain before opening mouth never did come easy. Quite frankly, Screeching Sal gives me ear pains - the decibel levels need toning down.

Latest posts

Back