Ojon leaving QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scruff

Registered Shopper
My friend works for Estee Lauder and has been told that Ojon are pulling out of QVC UK. That is why we haven't had a TSV for ages and there are hardly any shows now. Anyone know anything about this? I wasn't surprised cause I can't remember the last TSV (love their stuff myself) but I'm disappointed another big brand I love is going the same way as Molton Brown. Ooot the door.

Not surprised. You can get Ojon from John Lewis now and they have an online shop that regularly has offers if you go on. www.ojon.co.uk
At the moment:
Be delighted by a free full size duo of award winning Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner with any order worth £40 or more.
And:
Free With any order worth £15 or more. Enjoy a 50ml deluxe sample of our 5* hair repair classic (worth £16.25).
Plus:
Complimentary delivery: It's our treat, with any order placed at Ojon Online, saving you £3.95.
Your haircare favourites usually arrive within 2-5 working days
So I wouldn't worry as you can get good deal with the free delivery!

Also, it makes sense as they have been promoting other brands a lot. i.e Percy & Reed and bringing Michael deCesare back. I used to use Ojon a lot but I have to say that Percy and Reed is fantastic and well worth a try!

I used to loved ojon before the take over tawaka shampoo and conditioner was my all time face even tho I work with kerastase it doesn't come close to the tawaka . Since Estée Lauder took over the quality has plummeted

Aw no! No more re-runs of the VT showing Dennis and Silvana going up the Amazon on a canoe in search of the Ojon nuts!

sorry for you folk who like it but personally it was the worst product I ever purchased from Q. The smell made me physically sick it was like 20 stale ashtrays around your face all day and my hair was much better before use. It was a full set and went straight in the bin - too sick to even consider returning.

sorry for you folk who like it but personally it was the worst product I ever purchased from Q. The smell made me physically sick it was like 20 stale ashtrays around your face all day and my hair was much better before use. It was a full set and went straight in the bin - too sick to even consider returning.

Totally agree about the smell of it for me it was the hair restorative stuff that was the worse. lucky i only bought a try me and was small sizes.Made no difference to me hair wot so ever

Why on earth would you not return it? That seems crazy to chuck about £40 in the bin!

Shut UP all of you! Just SHUT UP! YEH! Ojon was one of the BEST products ever to have graced the screens at QVC.

Not surprised - thought that the lustre had worn off this range. Loved it when it first launched and used it for several years, but fell out of love with it when Denis took the money and ran. Could never understand why they felt the need to change/rename the product line. Using Liz Earle haircare now and really liking it. :clapping:

Totally agree about the smell of it for me it was the hair restorative stuff that was the worse. lucky i only bought a try me and was small sizes.Made no difference to me hair wot so ever

I could not get on with the restorative stuff the smell was off putting,also shampoo & conditioner I could'nt get the bloomin stuff out the bottles.

I must be really odd as I love the smell of the restorative treatment & often put it on before I pop in to the hairdresser for a blow dry,none of the girls there have ever commented on it either though I agree it's a real 'Marmite' smell.I happen to love it.

I find it really conditioning though am still using the old formula.

I do agree re the shampoo & conditioner,you wouldn't want to have dexterity problems trying to get it out of the bottle.

I love the restorative conditioner the best of its type imo. the shampoo and conditioner smell devine when used with the conditioner. oh well its stock up time

I thought I was alone on this one, after reading all the rave reviews. I used all the stuff under sufferance because of the price, but it did nothing for my hair except leave it with a dreadful smell.

It's sold in Boots now as well (the dreaded high street). And apparently Liz Earle stuff is coming too (in their magazine there was a feature about it). Once it gets into Boots with a decent sized stand I doubt brands need QVC anymore...

I have never understood why companies pull out of QVC here when they are still on sale in the USA. Molton Brown is still shown over there and I expect Ojon will continue over the pond.

Re: Ojon leaving QVC?

My guess is that the size, scale, taxation laws, exhange rate etc and more all combine with the result that QVCUS may as well be treated (as it really is) as a completely different entity than QVCUk. They may both have the name QVC but they may as well be seperate companies. The powers that be at Molton Brown and Estee lauder have probably decided that selling on QVCUs is good for their business but QVC UK is not. Also the perception of QVC in the UK is a that it's a bit naff whereas QVC US is not seen like that. It's so well established over there it is not viewed negatively, and the client base is enormous so EL and MB can't afford NOT to sell through them.

Personally I went off Molton Brown around the time they pulled out of Q because I just got bored. I have never been a fan of the EL brands with the slight exception of Bobbi Brown. I do not buy these brands elsewhere so It does not matter to me whether they sell on Q or not. The difference for me with L'Occitane is thay I would be loyal to the brand if they decided to pull out of Q. I would buy from their stores and other places, as I do now.

I use Ojon colour sustain but I doubt I would buy it elsewhere. I also use L'Occitane shampoo so will probably stick to that.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

That is what EL did with Aveda(they bought the company and about a year or less later gone from QVC), to be honest if you love Ojon the UK site had brilliant deals on regularly. At the minute spend £40 and get full size shampoo and conditioner worth £40!!!! Free shipping usually.

House of Fraser Belfast sells it and we are getting the brand in Boots next month(along with a Liz Earle and Smashbox counter).

I do like the brand, in fact using the Colour range at the moment. Wonder if Living Proof will fill its spot???? They are on QVC US. No nasties and a very good range. I swap my Ojon use with it and Bumble and Bumble Color Minded.

Yes, I a hair care tart!!!!!:hi:

It's sold in Boots now as well (the dreaded high street). And apparently Liz Earle stuff is coming too (in their magazine there was a feature about it). Once it gets into Boots with a decent sized stand I doubt brands need QVC anymore...

I agree, who would pay the ott p&p if you can get it in the high street, imo qvc rarely do unbeatable deals nowadays ...

Liz earle is already is some Boots stores already, only 6 stores so far thou , not sure if they will be in every store, would be nice coz Boots do tend to have some good offers 3 for 2 etc

Latest posts

Back