One Time Only Prices 17/7/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

3 x Anti-Ageing Peeling Gommage 75ml £50 each direct cost £19.48 each
Collagene Expert Phyto Radiance Cleanser 50ml £14 direct cost £5.47

Total £164 cost £63.91 incl p&p used in calculations.

Must resist this one, have a few peeling gommage to use, but it is brilliant on dry skin.

I'm horrified at the cost of not just these, but all cosmetics, and that people are willing to pay the prices. Am I alone in this or what exactly is everyone paying good money for? A dream?

Its a nightmare if you buy something from QVC and you have to go through the palaver of returning it if you dont like it.

I'm horrified at the cost of not just these, but all cosmetics, and that people are willing to pay the prices. Am I alone in this or what exactly is everyone paying good money for? A dream?
No you're certainly not alone. My reason for saying this is because I've been there done that on far too many occasions, spending a small fortune in the process to end up with products that simply don't deliver the goods. I've tried umpteen pricey skincare ranges none of which I've felt the need to repurchase, not only because they've made no visible difference to my skin, some of them have had an unpleasant smell & some even irritated it. On the whole they did an ok job of moisturising but then so do the budget brands you can buy in the supermarket. My mother and grandmother got by on oil of Ulay and Nivea because in those days, as far as I can see people weren't being encouraged to spend a fortune on all these fancy products the way that they are now.
I can tell a similar story with cosmetics - It has been the more expensive stuff that has let me down the most, yes there's some real cheap crap out there, but I for one don't mind discarding a terrible mascara that's only set me back a couple of quid, but when it's cost £20+ it becomes annoying. There are some pretty decent cheap cosmetics out there, ok they may not come in fancy mirrored compacts or with decent brushes but that's easily rectified. I bought a fancy looking case of Elizabeth Arden cosmetics a few years back and found that the eyeshadows were by far inferior to Superdrug's 99p MUA range, the lipsticks no better or long lasting than Rimmel and the mascara was pretty meh. I would totally recommend Kiko mascaras, (available in most shopping malls) they're about £6 a pop and come in a whole range of colours. They tick every box for me, the brush is the right size, the consistency is good, it doesn't irritate the eyes, it makes your lashes look great and will stay on until you want to remove it. Finally it comes off with out a fight.
In my opinion pricey skincare/cosmetics are a waste of money/

Latest posts

Back