Only fashion ?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cashers

Registered Shopper
Just switched on to QVC, Only fashion on. Firstly, Jackie Kabler in a "cute" love emblazoned tee shirt and a pair of far too short denim dungarees. (£65!!) How old is she??? Even Deborah Ann looked s**** in them!
I am watching the poor models parading in what appears to me to be cheap and nasty (my dear mum's saying) awful clothing. Did anyone see the God awful camouflage jacket with embroidery on the back for a ship at £60 plus postage and packing! Not to mention the far too shirt shirt dress that non of the models looked good in. Where do they get this crap from? You just know the quality is dreadful.
You would be better off buying from Primark imo. For around the third of the price!

For those old enough… Andy Pandy’s Coming to play, tra la La La laaa. Designer wear, my ar,e. The striped shirt they’re showing now looks as if it’s come out of the laundry basket ready to be ironed. 😱now being shown on a model , it’s so thin you can see her underwear and what monstrosities has she got on her feet?

I often think the outfits are styled by young children using real life models instead of dollies

I got fed up of the sizing and stopped buying. One thing I fancied I would have had to buy a size 16 according to the chest measurements (I'm nowhere near a 16) and another I would easily fit in a size 8 according to the measurements. Then you get it home and you either can't get it on or you could fit three of you in there, so now I don't bother. There was a lot of rubbish being shown yesterday.

CC

I got fed up of the sizing and stopped buying. One thing I fancied I would have had to buy a size 16 according to the chest measurements (I'm nowhere near a 16) and another I would easily fit in a size 8 according to the measurements. Then you get it home and you either can't get it on or you could fit three of you in there, so now I don't bother. There was a lot of rubbish being shown yesterday.

CC
Crazy measurements. Some of the sizes from Monsoon 10 to 20 have up to 4 inches between them. I'd have to buy a size 18 or 20 in RL's line of clothes, but I'm a size 12 at M&S. The same with Helene Berman. With QVC's buying power, surely they could insist on uniform measurements.

I suppose I’m lucky that I’m a very large lady. They never sell anything at in my size. I always smile when they do their sales spiel that QVC are on inclusive. Well that may include most sizes, LGBTNBG+ and Jedi Knights but not fatties.

I suppose I’m lucky that I’m a very large lady. They never sell anything at in my size. I always smile when they do their sales spiel that QVC are on inclusive. Well that may include most sizes, LGBTNBG+ and Jedi Knights but not fatties.
Never thought of it before but diversity and inclusively in general doesn't seem to include larger people. Includes everything else! Maybe I'm wrong but just my perception.

Never thought of it before but diversity and inclusively in general doesn't seem to include larger people. Includes everything else! Maybe I'm wrong but just my perception.
No you’re quite right. It probably goes back to comedians and cartoonists generally taking the pi.s to get a cheap laugh. Also the misconception that if you’re fat you’re thick. Many years ago at a job interview a personnel officer took that attitude, she automatically told me there wasn’t a job suitable for me. It was a desk job for goodness sake. Fortunately, I also had to sit before a panel of managers, who thought with my qualifications and experience was the right candidate and offered me the job there and then. I ended up working there for 15years until I was made redundant.

No you’re quite right. It probably goes back to comedians and cartoonists generally taking the pi.s to get a cheap laugh. Also the misconception that if you’re fat you’re thick. Many years ago at a job interview a personnel officer took that attitude, she automatically told me there wasn’t a job suitable for me. It was a desk job for goodness sake. Fortunately, I also had to sit before a panel of managers, who thought with my qualifications and experience was the right candidate and offered me the job there and then. I ended up working there for 15years until I was made redundant.
It's true. Heavy people are often considered lazy, and maybe some are, but not more than average weight people.

Latest posts

Back