Oooops! Put that glass down!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well yes I've definitely been buying more online since this dreadful business raised its ugly head. Not though drunkenness but through boredom mainly. To be fair most of the stuff I've been buying has been sensible. Another reason has been actually finding I've got a lot more spare cash after outgoings 'cause there's nowhere to go. I have purchased another pair of sunglasses, a few fancy facemasks (v.sensible) a summer duvet, a new iron, as I'd literally given up on the ironing since the steam iron I had (not a cheapy) started burning my clothes, dripped water everywhere and squirted limescale everywhere despite trying to look after it properly. Bought a dry iron and found it was pretty damned useless..so spent £12.99 on a cheap steam iron and so far it's pretty good! Pair of wired headphones so I can plug em into the computer when he's watching telly, a new hairdryer 'cause my old one's had its day. I have started buying a few xmas presents, and whilst that may sound a tad crazy...there's some proper bargains out there right now..and in my thinking if things continue to improve ..this Christmas is gonna be wild...and if social distancing is still a thing shops are gonna be a nightmare. Also gonna order a new laundry basket to keep upstairs as oh is ordering clothes like they're going out of fashion and I'm sick of it over flowing. Getting a slimline one for my clothes only! So in all pretty sensible purchases..How about everybody else? Oh and lets not forget a box set of Harry Potter dvds….they're always asking hp questions in quizzes and we always fall down on them...Actually really enjoying them so far!

I bought an electric bike and a stair climber shopping trolley. I also got all the safety gear with the bike, but I'm waiting for the bike to arrive. The stair climber trolley is practical, first floor flat dweller here and unable to get a delivery. Only used once so far, but really does what it says on the tin. Next big expense is getting the cat's teeth looked at...

Our oven went with a bang a couple of weeks ago so I had to fork out for a new one. I haven`t bought any clothes during lockdown until today when I ordered a wool mix tailored blazer in Marks sale. I did a big shop with Creightons website when they had some really good deals on bodywash, shampoo etc because Creightons own brand is cruelty free (has the bunny) and is good value for money. Our May holiday was cancelled due to Covid and we`re living in hope for our November holiday to Mexico going ahead but not banking on it. My Summer clothes other than a few tops haven`t really seen daylight as there`s been nowhere to go. My one big spend has been an eternity ring cos I`m worth it and finding one wasn`t easy because i have a strange shaped engagement ring but find one I did and it should be here next week.

Apart from face masks/gloves/sanitiser and a few DIY/techy things for Mr L I have only purchased 2 things in the last 3 months from anywhere A lot of plants from Q which were a total disaster and which I’m still fighting over and a cheap Eek ring .

We cancelled 3 holidays so I don’t need clothes for abroad won’t be going anywhere here cos there won’t be a loo so the next time I will spend money is on my hair appointment on 16 July.

Although I’ve saved a lot on unnecessary purchases we have spent a fortune on food as we have found prices have rocketed here, not helped by the fact we don’t have a lot of the supermarkets on the mainland.

TBH I’ve lost all interest in shopping and this is from someone who could have shopped as an Olympic sport. I hate this no man lands existence, I coped ok in total lockdown but find this in between bit very disconcerting and depressing and am finding it much more difficult to cope.

I haven't worn makeup for 10 weeks it has not stopped me buying about 4 lipsticks and 3 eyeshadow palettes. The oh look they have 20% off I should buy it now. I am sure here they will bring out you must wear a mask on the bus so how that will work wearing lipstick, no idea?

I did buy hair clippers from Amazon and did use them on my hair so for me that was sensible.

My hoarding has been on overdrive past 3 years. I now have a de-clutter man who comes to help me for 2 hours a week. He will be here at 11 today. My mother died then and I found out she had completely written me out of her will! It had been 50/50 between the sister and me when the will was done after I got divorced. My Dad passed away in 2010. 3 years later she wrote me out. So with all the other stuff she put me through all my life this finished me. My sister has not spoken to me since my Dad's funeral and won't even let me have copies of family pictures let alone anything else. She is pure evil. So this on top of everything else has really been bad for me. I can't afford to really but things but Poundland and charity shop books are favourites to accumulate.

My baby Loki pug has been my saving grace for sometime now but through this pandemic I'm not sure how I would have got through without him

Attachments

• loki.jpg
    loki.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 37
My baby Loki pug has been my saving grace for sometime now but through this pandemic I'm not sure how I would have got through without him
Pets are the best aren't they? Hope you manage to get shot of the clutter and surround yourself with things that make you happy...and I mean really happy!

Pets are the best aren't they? Hope you manage to get shot of the clutter and surround yourself with things that make you happy...and I mean really happy!
Unfortunately when he started it was a couple of days after Viv was first taken into hospital and my mind was not in the best place. 28 hours on I put it on hold a few weeks ago after she passed away. I'm in pieces and cry at the drop of the hat. I'm just trying to do things at my own pace until I decide to have him back for the last 12 hours. I don't think I would have one again as it's really not worked for me. But the psychology I was promised early last year has still not materialised so really that would have worked better in tandem with it than none at all, I feel. My Loki is my world. x

Unfortunately when he started it was a couple of days after Viv was first taken into hospital and my mind was not in the best place. 28 hours on I put it on hold a few weeks ago after she passed away. I'm in pieces and cry at the drop of the hat. I'm just trying to do things at my own pace until I decide to have him back for the last 12 hours. I don't think I would have one again as it's really not worked for me. But the psychology I was promised early last year has still not materialised so really that would have worked better in tandem with it than none at all, I feel. My Loki is my world. x
You've got to do it at your own pace of course...I think you've gotta be in a more receptive mood ie, be in a better headspace. You've gone through hell without the pandemic to contend with, so this is really understandable. Hopefully you'll be able to move on with a more positive outlook, and your hoarding/clutter will be better controlled. Meanwhile look after yourself and the lovely Loki...Love and positive vibes to you both xx

You've got to do it at your own pace of course...I think you've gotta be in a more receptive mood ie, be in a better headspace. You've gone through hell without the pandemic to contend with, so this is really understandable. Hopefully you'll be able to move on with a more positive outlook, and your hoarding/clutter will be better controlled. Meanwhile look after yourself and the lovely Loki...Love and positive vibes to you both xx
That's so kind, thank you. I never really imagined I would now be needing the help I went through with 2 of my children. You just never know xx

Latest posts

Back