Ooops!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a relief its not only me who gets ear ache about QVC..I always change channels before switching off too..the less OH`s know the better thats what I say.. lol ;-)

Oh how I've tried to share the joy minim, but my lyrical waxings on the value of the tsv and my insistences of the savings to be made and the amazing quality products to be had fall on deaf ears and worse ~ sniggers! The deaf ears I can handle, but the sniggers and remarks along the lines of 'oh mum! What are we going to do with you?' are hard to take. With no possibility of converting the cultureless rabble I choose to feed my addiction in private and enjoy myself without their 'witty' comments. I do check my laptop every so often when they're around just to check I'm not missing out on anything, but it's not the same soundless and small. Qvc deserves surround sound and widescreen to be fully appreciated :tongue:

Minim, you're a braver woman than I!

I'm not allowed to talk about QCV.

I had a similar experience to Moth when the postman called one day - he had a plastic type box with my parcels (about 6 or 7 I think!), looked at me and tipped them all on my front door mat with a pitying look on his face. At that moment, I felt quite ashamed and it has made me cut back substantially on my QVC spending. I knew I was buying a lot of things from theQ but it was a really embarrassing and shocking wake up call to me.

I can't believe it!
Come on - SPIT SPOT!

Where's your fighting spirit?

I've just tried to place an on-line order for 2 pairs of Betula Eva Flip Flops (for the Rugrats), but the site - it said said "No"
I had to phone!
Then, I had a rant to Himself, a rant to eldest daughter & I will rant to any poor soul who knocks my door or phones me tonight ..... I guess I'm having a rant on here too lol.

Shame? Never!

вυяи ιт ιи тнє ρℓαѕмα

I live alone. I watch what I want when I want. My money is my own so I can order what I want when I want. I work so I never have to put up with a lippy postman. My courier is lovely and knows I work so he delivers late. When I said to him that he must laugh at my QVC habit he said "not at all". He said I'm not as bad as a few of my neighbours and nowhere near his biggest QVC shopper. And as far as he's concerned it keeps him in a job.

There's only me and OH living in our small flat and both working shifts.. But, even so we have 3 decent tellies, so never any problem in watching what I like when I like.
But if he comes in from work and I'm not watching the Q, he'll usually make some comment along the lines of "craft?, gardening? or someone you don't like.....??"

There's just me and hubby in our house and we have two good televisions with two Virgin boxes. I deliberately leave the box on QVC just to wind him up and he leaves it on the sports channel to do the same! I earn my own money and spend it on what ever I want. He does exactly the same, with most of it going on football.

People can take the mickey sometimes but these same people are perfectly happy to buy from EBay!!

I just asked hubby if our tele was an LCD and he confirmed it was. Phew!

I thought I was getting away with my shopping habit as most of my purchases arrived during the week when everyone was at work. Now my postman seems to save it all up for a Saturday morning!!! I have resorted to telling my husband I am a tester for QVC and all these parcels are my trial samples!!! So far so good.:grin:

Like you Sheila49, I try and order things so that they DO NOT arrive at weekends, thursday to sunday is a good time!!!!!. Before they scrapped the use of cheques at the beginning of april, I used to sometimes to use the cheque hold facility and complete the payment on a day that I knew would be ok for a weekday delivery - cant do that anymore unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back