Opened for QC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
Last night I got my ESPA body oil and it came in a lovely purple box with purple tissue strands
When I took the bottle out of the box it immediately looked like it had been leaking, there was oil down the side of the bottle and it wasnt totally full but the box it came in didnt seem to have any oil damage but I was a bit peeved as if someone else had tried it!

Later on when I took the invoice off the box I noticed a sticker on the box that said "opened for QC"
I guess this is for Quality Control but I feel really disappointed and feel like phoning QVC saying that it has been tampered with!

Has anyone else ever had this?

Have phoned them and they are sending me a label to return my one and I will get a replacement
When I phoned CS they answered the call saying :call: hello Mrs XXXXXXXX can you give me your QVC pin number
I know they have your phone number on file and it recognises you but to be called by name was a bit of a surprise

My LG TSV arrived today and the outer package and the contents were tampered with.
The scotch that seals the parcel was cut and the parcel coud be opened freely.
Well, it WAS open. When I opened the box zip of the cosmetic bag was untidily unzipped.
I expected something will be missing but everything was in place.
I didn't understand what it was, it has never happened before.
I even thought it was a delivery man or someone in qvc warehouse doing the packing.
I didn't look in the invoice, but I will tomorrow, it's at work.
I think if they did it in a warehouse they should've resealed the parcel box?

Last edited:
yes, Bluebell this has happened to me, after sending back two faulty Clarisonics the third one arrived with the 'opened by QC' sticker, in my case it was a good thing as this one has arrived without faults

My LG TSV arrived today and the outer package and the contents were tampered with.
The scotch that seals the parcel was cut and the parcel coud be opened freely.
Well, it WAS open. When I opened the box zip of the cosmetic bag was untidily unzipped.
I expected something will be missing but everything was in place.
I didn't understand what it was, it has never happened before.
I even thought it was a delivery man or someone in qvc warehouse doing the packing.
I didn't look in the invoice, but I will tomorrow, it's at work.
I think if they did it in a warehouse they should've resealed the parcel box?

The box that my LG TSV arrived in was sealed but the cosmetics bag was unzipped exposing the contents, which were all present and appeared untampered. Maybe occasionally Quality Control open up the cosmetic bags to check the contents during the shipping process.

I've had an Elemis kit with a QC sticker on the packaging but there was no problem with it.

You think some geezer in QC opens the bottle of cosmetic oil, sniffs it, and says "oh yes, that's just right"?

I think not.

Have phoned them and they are sending me a label to return my one and I will get a replacement
When I phoned CS they answered the call saying :call: hello Mrs XXXXXXXX can you give me your QVC pin number
I know they have your phone number on file and it recognises you but to be called by name was a bit of a surprise

They have been doing that for while now. I phoned them as I ordered the Gatineau OTO on 4 easy pays but on receiving their e mail it did not state that, but Customer Services altered it for me.

Surely "QC" of the actual product should be done when the stuff arrives at the warehouse not once it's been picked and packed. The only random checking done at that stage is to make sure that the right product is inside the box, it's wrapped properly and has the necessary invoice/label.

Surely "QC" of the actual product should be done when the stuff arrives at the warehouse not once it's been picked and packed. The only random checking done at that stage is to make sure that the right product is inside the box, it's wrapped properly and has the necessary invoice/label.

You'd think that.. but it would appear that QVC make up the rules as they go along and are a law unto themselves. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what they do where customers are concerned.

the computer system recognizes the telephone number and links it with the account holders details, so all you do is confirm your PIN no as it might be someone else ringing from the address, but the same address can have different account holders with obvious different account no and PIN's

its a good idea that the boxes are checked but i dont know about using the contents lol!

You think some geezer in QC opens the bottle of cosmetic oil, sniffs it, and says "oh yes, that's just right"?

I think not.
I agree why the need to open the bottle......then not tighten it properly, I would ask for areturn label too !!

Our courier has told us plenty of horror stories about parcels during delivery. The problem is that QVC put the item numbers on the outside of the packages, so it's easy to find out what's in there and know if there's anything worth taking. She was often saying that she would receive boxes that had no contents at all, or that had been opened and clearly plundered for bits of what was in there. Also, delivery sacks with loose products floating around in them. I'm amazed anyone ever gets anything they order sometimes.

the computer system recognizes the telephone number and links it with the account holders details, so all you do is confirm your PIN no as it might be someone else ringing from the address, but the same address can have different account holders with obvious different account no and PIN's

I know they have recognised phone numbers for ages but my point was that she called me by my name
It could have been my husband who was phoning

surely if someone in qc is checking contents, they should put the items back in neatly, cosmetic bag zipped etc, not just sling it all in any old how? doesn't make sense at all. no-one expects to receive goods like that.

I know they have recognised phone numbers for ages but my point was that she called me by my name
It could have been my husband who was phoning

I take it that they can only recognise numbers if the number is not a withheld one? They always ask me my name, membership number and pin. I ask this because a car rental company, who I recently called, had my number show up on their system even though it is a withheld number and should have come up as private.

Latest posts

Back