P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Parcel farce are a joke outfit. I now look at who the courier is and if it's PF then no way. I ordered some stuff 15th January and eventually got it on the 30th. When I complained they said they had problems delivering due to the adverse weather at my house (I live off road), then how come Hermes, royal mail and sainsburys got here? Grrrrrr

Its not just the p & p to get it delivered, - which could be £6.95 (which I think was the price of the recent Elemis tsv), but also the added cost of returning it. Unless you claim back within the statutory time period.

Even so, I find that the cost of returning an item, is nowhere near the price it cost for me to receive it in the first place !!! WHY such a price diffierence ? its the same packaging and weight, and is delivered within the UK. This has yet to be explained to me.

Its not just the p & p to get it delivered, - which could be £6.95 (which I think was the price of the recent Elemis tsv), but also the added cost of returning it. Unless you claim back within the statutory time period.

Even so, I find that the cost of returning an item, is nowhere near the price it cost for me to receive it in the first place !!! WHY such a price diffierence ? its the same packaging and weight, and is delivered within the UK. This has yet to be explained to me.

qvc obviously charge more than they pay out for postage and the £1 -£2 differences with the millions of parcels sent out amount to a tidy sum. to be fair to qvc they do have a uk call centre

I don't understand the problem. Where else can you buy a coat, boots, make up, food etc etc and wear it, try it, eat it for 28 days and still send the item back if you're not satisfied?

Of course, you are going to be paying a little extra for this service. Yes, it would be nice to have capped postage but they have never offered this service and people still come back for more.

I wouldn't like to lose the 30 day MBG. If you don't like the high P&P charges, don't buy from QVC! It's as simple as that.

I don't understand the problem. Where else can you buy a coat, boots, make up, food etc etc and wear it, try it, eat it for 28 days and still send the item back if you're not satisfied?

Of course, you are going to be paying a little extra for this service. Yes, it would be nice to have capped postage but they have never offered this service and people still come back for more.

I wouldn't like to lose the 30 day MBG. If you don't like the high P&P charges, don't buy from QVC! It's as simple as that.

Ive never used the 30mbg so i should get free P&P!!!:mysmilie_1:

I still buy from Q but do take notice of the P&P & at times that stops me in my tracks.If I can buy something in a shop easily then Q loose out, the item has to a good price TSV or something I really want & can't get anywhere else.I recently returned a ring almost immediately & the original postage was repaid, of course there was the cost of returning which soon adds up.It takes ages for items to arrive ( but I suppose within the 5-7 days).I ordered some books from Amazon on 28/1 they were delivered Sunday 1/2 ( free delivery).For the likes of DF to suggest buying a clothing item in a selection of sizes is just ridiculous but fairly typical of someone who does not engage common sense.

Many of us don`t buy from Q anymore because of their rip off p and p and also their higher prices for lots of their items and Q SHOULD be worried. For every person who doesn`t give a toss about p and p, I bet there`s half a dozen who do and I see more and more people commenting on this. They might brag about new customers but they don`t tell us how many on their data base no longer regularly buy or have stopped buying altogether. I bet its quite a number and who`se to say their new customers are going to spend lots of money ? They`ll eventually get bored of the same tsv`s, high p and p charges, slow deliveries, hit and miss customer services etc just like the rest of us. Even DF`s band of followers aren`t enough to keep Q afloat single handedly !

I would bet my last pound that Debbie Flint would not pay for delivery of multiple sizes to find the right fit herself. She seems far to money savvy to be that frivolous.

Not wanting to repeat myself from my previous comment but just done a date comparison.
Amazon ordered 3 small guide books & 1 map packed as one. Free delivery ordered 28/1 delivered 1/2 ( & a Sunday!)
QVC ordered 2 BareMinerals (small) items 29/1 still waiting for delivery 3/2 Cost of P&P on each item which will be delivered separately £3:95 each Total £7:90
I rest my case! I can't get these items in my local Debenhams ( or anywhere else), if I could I wouldn't consider Q.

maybe with qvc us starting the lowering of postage qvc uk will follow soon. personally i dont know anyone who would not like free postage. i dont actually wear and tear goods to make use of the 30 day mbg. i either like it or i dont. its normally because something has broken or it not as described when i get it that i will return asap. the amount of people who dont return must be quite high for qvc to keep on with this type of selling!

For the likes of DF to suggest buying a clothing item in a selection of sizes is just ridiculous but fairly typical of someone who does not engage common sense.
I cannot believe people would do this as you can buy from M&S and other online retailers then collect it from store for free and return if you like.
Also DF can try on clothes "at work" no need paying P&P

qvc obviously charge more than they pay out for postage and the £1 -£2 differences with the millions of parcels sent out amount to a tidy sum. to be fair to qvc they do have a uk call centre

Well, don't most companies have call centres ? Whenever I call the phone number at the bottom of any catalogue, be it Lakeland, Artigiano, J.D. Williams et al, there is always a person at the other end to take my order - generally Manchester/Sheffield or Cumbria, (still in the UK I think)

I have a feeling that p&p rates in the different countries qvc operate in are completely independent. Qvc Germany have (or certainly had) a policy of buy as much as you want for one p&p - can't see that ever happening here in the UK.

I have a feeling that p&p rates in the different countries qvc operate in are completely independent. Qvc Germany have (or certainly had) a policy of buy as much as you want for one p&p - can't see that ever happening here in the UK.
That's still the case in Germany with QVC as well as with the other big homeshopping channel HSE24: You pay p&p once a day and can add products throughout the day without paying more on p&p. To be honest, I was kind of shocked when I found out that in the UK, when ordering from QVC, one has to pay separate p&p for each product ordered.

i have german friends and they are very canny with money..they would not buy if the postage was like it is here in the uk. i was watching northern nights they had a duvet protector £42 p&p £5.95. this is the postage of yankee candle 3 large jars. much heavier than a thin duvet cover. no consistency

I think QVC would have had to adopt the one day p and p cap, if Home Shopping channel had not pulled out of UK.

I check the total price against other companies that charge less P&P. I've found Q usually comes out slightly cheaper even with higher postage. Some of their kits are excellent value.

I will use the 30MBG on exclusive items, but usually check things out in the shops first and order off Q if the item's cheaper. I wouldn't like to lose the 30MBG, especially with beauty items.

If an item is neck and neck on price and I don't need the 30MBG, I will order elsewhere as if it breaks, I can take it back myself and not mess about with returns postage and call centres etc.

Disregard the postage (although it is galling to add up several items) and just go on totals.

I ordered a couple of items direct from Philips in their sale, plus 10% disc on top and free P&P. Order placed on 2nd and arrived yesterday from Holland!

This is the only thing I buy from Q without thinking, because even with P & P, they are genuinely a lot cheaper than anyone else.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=202859&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

But considering a bottle lasts me 7 months, it's not the most regular of orders TBH.

QVC really are missing a trick regarding Postage if you ask me. Even capped P & P would be an improvement, but as long as people are buying they won't change anything if you ask me. (Although I'd be the first to cheer if they do).

Latest posts

Back