Perfect Formula Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
How do you remove?

I'm not having a great deal of success at keeping this stuff on. It chips and peels from the ends of my nails within a day. Still, I found I could just paint another coat on without the chips showing - plus it builds up, hiding all but my deepest ridges.

After a week, though, I thought it might be a good idea to remove so I used the Bourjois dip-in pot that takes everything else off without a problem. I had an inkling that it hadn't all come off, but I had a shock when I caught my nails under a black light. Halloween glow-in-the-dark!

This is making me a bit uncomfortable now. I really don't want something that sticks to my nails that much. So, how do I remove effectively? Is the Bourjois stuff just not good with PF? Any suggestions?

TIA

I use Perfect Formula nearly all the time and have done for the last 3 to 4 years. I like the way it looks a bit like a french manicure, without the faff. I use two coats of the pink (which does seem to glow a bit in the daylight) followed by a quick drying top coat (because I'm impatient) and find it usually lasts me a week - and I'm pretty hard on my hands between using the keyboard at work, household chores and gardening and crafting in any spare time I had. I've never had any problems removing it - I've used OPI remover, the Leighton Denny and Nails Inc express pots and am currently using a Japanese nail polish remover which I bought when I had a nail emergency when travelling in Asia (turns out mosquito repellant makes nail polish go soft) and they've all taken the polish off. I guess you probably have more coats to take off than I do, which might be why your normal remover isn't working so well?

I also use Perfect Formula and initially removed it with the Nails Inc express pots but when they ran out I topped up the pots with an acetone free remover (cheap) and it removes the PF with no problem. It's probably the swirling action in the sponge inside the pot that does the job. It also removes the coloured PF varnishes. Even when I use the coloured varnishes they last for the working week and I just redo them once a week as a rule.

I dislike the pink PF on my nails, but use the clear as a base coat, followed by 2 coats of OPI, and finished with Seche Vite. I usually remove my lacquer every fourth- or fifth day, as I enjoy changing my nail colour. I use the Nails Inc Express Remover pots, and find it removes everything, no fuss. It can take a little longer when I've used a dark OPI, but so far, I've not had any problem removing the (clear) PF.

Thanks All. I'll pick up a cheap non-acetone somewhere. I had a bottle of M&S polish remover but it's pants!

Or maybe I'm just weird. Nail polish won't last more than a day on me, yet removers don't work! Sigh.

Latest posts

Back