Perri 'CON' -- please stay away from this range!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think I'll stick to goose grease. Works wonders but smells rough! Just off topic ( and I think I might well be on my own here) when I was a kid, my nana used to rub goose grease on my chest if I had a bad cold. It was covered by a layer of brown paper and then I had to put my liberty bodice on top. I must have smelt like a chip shop! Anyone else remember anything similar?
I remember it well lol. Thanks for the memory it made me smile.

I use Soap & Glory products, cheap, smell great and actually do what they promise, my skin has never looked better :happy:

Not my cat, just a cutie.
Here's my Meg - a proper little madam
collage2.jpg

Well Meg is a cutie also, and thanks for sending it :happy:

Didn't another lovely forumite say once that Debbie Greenwood used Boots No7 on her skin?? That was what sprang to mind when she said she wasn't prone to telling porkies :grin:.

(PS - JR's Ego, I hope your skin problems from Perricone calm down soon...all the best)

These prices are off the planet.At one time I MAY have been tempted but at least age has brought with it some common sense!Agree the Perricone guest is not a great advert for the range & her hair is a mess.I've stuck with Liz Earle as I have said before it is uncomplicated & the only eye creams I use are Clinique.

I use a mix of products, some expensive, some not so much (the expensive ones I never pay full price thanks to kits on lookfantastic.com, beautyexpert etc!) but the one product I always re-purchase is the Elemis Pro-Collagen eye cream. I left it a few times and tried something else because it is dear for the size of it and every time I do I see lines under my eyes looking more prominent and I generally look knackered after a few weeks without it! Have run out now actually and won't buy it in Australia because it's $136 and even the kits here are in the 100's of dollars so I'll have to wait for the post from the UK!

I do think Perricone is pushing it with his prices, he gets very mixed reviews at best and the guest is hardly the best ad for the range either...

JR's ego, I hope everything returns to normal quickly for you. Let us know how you are doing.

I have used a number of skin care and make-up ranges that have caused burns to my face and I know how painful this can be.

Off topic...
I am now really careful with what I put onto my skin. I am now using Spiezia just their cleanser, facial oil and lip balm and my skin no longer feels dry or 10 times smaller than it should do and doesn't burn or come out in boils. I use Lily Lolo foundation and bronzing powder. On my body I use a homemade body butter which is 100% organic, organic bath milk and a soap. On my hair I use a Spezia soap or Akamuti soap powder and coconut oil hair treatment once a week.

I have tried making my own toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda, vegetable glycerin and peppermint essential oil. I think this will take a while to get used to though.

Interestingly on air he was referred to as 'Dr' Perricone, and yet I read that in order to sell his products over here, he had to drop the Dr title - sounds a bit like the Gillian Keith scenario where she had to drop the Dr prefix.

All these 'doctors' that are being hauled into the limelight - wasnt it Lulu who brought in 'Dr Brian' recently ? they must think we are all fools !

Dr. Perricone makes much of his connection with Yale University. He is a former assistant clinical professor of dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine—an unpaid position in which he supervised students from time to time. However, his affiliation ended in 2002 when his contract was not renewed. In an interview reported in the Washington Post, Perricone said that the school authorities had been very critical of his books, public appearances, and anti-inflammation theories .
http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=perricone

I saw a couple of bits of Perricone sales pitch yesterday, actually thought Alison was going completely over the top with her raves about ingredients lists/fact that he is a doctor/premium quality/stepping up to products that work/celebrity clinics.

Amused me as she seemed to be suggesting everything else doesn't work although funnily enough she's usually happy enough to sell them to us! She was very hard sell, very convincing, although I did hear her say "Don't buy it if you can't afford it", while at the same time saying if you spent more money you get skincare that is more effective. Actually I thought it was a bit cruel as it was dangling so called premium products in front of people and saying this works but 'tough' if you can't afford it and clearly designed to make us want it more! Apparently it was affordable as it was only £12 a week, I notice she didn't say £48 a month or £624 a year which doesn't sound exactly that cheap to me. Of course some will be able to afford it and will happily buy it so no problem but I suspect most can't afford that!

Of course this sales patter only works if you believe his prestigious ingredients doctor-led premium celebrity blah blah stuff miraculously transform your skin into luminous fabulosity! I like messing with lotions and potions and make-up and have quite a skin care regime myself but these prices are ridiculous to me. If it works for you, then great, but I honestly don't believe you have to spend that much!

ps, I have been using castor oil on my eyebrows as an eyebrow lady I saw for a shaping session said regular exfoliation & nightly castor oil are better than anything else for getting them to grow, about £2 from Amazon.

Castor oil can be bought from most Pharmacys.
Boots sold it for 99p last time I bought it

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/castor-oil-health-benefits.php

Thanks for that minim. Interesting as i have a touch of arthritis in my back and knees, or old age, if you like and it"d be
interesting to try the suggestions for that. Is it not greasy for the skin, as i have oily skin and have trouble keeping
make up on in work , during long shifts etc. But will read it thoroughly, love things like this Thanky you

sometimes the more natural a product claims to be the worse it is for your skin. natuarl does not mean you wont be allergic to it in fact it can be a lot more toxic than ingredients produced in a lab. just my opinion.

I agree, when items are referred to as natural and not "nasty chemicals" the implication seems to be they are gentle and won't harm you. So what about cannabis, heroin, opium, digitalin, aspirin, magic mushrooms etc they all come or can come from natural sources but they aren't exactly gentle and peanuts are natural but if you are allergic to them the consequences can be really serious.

True!
That's what annoys me about so many so called natural skincare products.
They don't know when to stop adding bits of this & that. It's as they think anything less than a dozen "bits" added, you will feel you are not getting value.

Hi,

if you want castor oil, probs best to buy it online.

Many chemists and supermarkets no longer stock it because it if quite dangerous stuff - I tried about 10 local to me and couldnt get any.

Be careful how you use it.

Cheers,
Karen

trust

we put our trust in these products but its a gamble we all take when we slap on creams & serums . i seriously think we must all be mental to go charging in like a bull in a china shop & slap it on .. giving no thought to what were covering our faces in & if the results are indeed noticable in a good way or the stuffs turned our faces into something only a mother could love

I have only ever used one '' premium'' range & it did nothing other than bring me out in spots & made my skin feel sticky ... i now use the cheap & cheerful palmers range .. ok i have lines but at 47 i should have lines & a few wrinkles

I am getting a little tired of this serach for eternal youth & will grow old gracefully with soft skin thanks to palmers ..lolxx

Ridiculous prices

Have briefly seen this brand from time to time when flicking to see what is on and have to say the prices are eye watering to say the least. The woman presenter IMO looks terrible with her cosmetic work and in no way whatsoever would it ever be a recommendation of the products to me even if I could afford it ( or wanted to). A good cleanse, decent hydration, SPF is all you need. These companies would have you believe that you need to apply 10 or 20 products to get decent skin with no wrinkles but I disagree - there is such a thing as 'overkill'.

Hi ya Madge65

W-E-L-C-O-M-E to the forum! SnoopyMe wondered if you were 65! but now we know that it's your birth year. ;-) Looking forward to more of your input ... x Snarly

Hey Snarly, that sounds lovely and I'm so pleased you've found something that you like using and that helps your skin.

Akamuti is a lovely brand and yes I'm slightly essential oil phobic, they are pesky ingredient those oils and the amount of companies out there as minim says that seem to chuck a load of everything in is quite scary - doesn't seem like a very regulated market. Sadly Rose is a no for me but I'll check out Akamuti's website as I haven't purchased from them for ages :) x

Akamuti is a lovely brand and yes I'm slightly essential oil phobic, they are pesky ingredient those oils and the amount of companies out there as minim says that seem to chuck a load of everything in is quite scary - doesn't seem like a very regulated market. Sadly Rose is a no for me but I'll check out Akamuti's website as I haven't purchased from them for ages :) x[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I am afraid you are quite right about pesky EO ingredients and that it is not a very regulated market. I am a qualified aromatherapist and whilst I absolutely adore EO's they are, I am afraid, used by people who sadly do not always have the correct knowledge. I get quite worked up when I see people advertising their products with EO's in them without any contra-indications on them. Some people just assume that they are 'just a smell' but they are wrong and can cause no end of problems if used incorrectly etc. I also have a friend who although is a qualifed massage therapist, she insists on using EO blends on her elderly clients and I have told her countless times that their meds/conditions could react with what she is using, but she is not listening to me - argh.....

Latest posts

Back