Peter Sherlock Joins QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just go and read the Bid Up section of ST.com about him.

I had the misfortune of catching him on selling perfume. He did talk some sh*te, and information he gave was wrong.

I'm always surprised that people only watch QVC, even though I don't often buy from shopping channels other than Q and Ideal World, I can't resist a nosey around the other channels.

Peter Sherlock is.......different. He has created several of his own perfumes which were launched on Bidtv. He used to work for a big store many moons ago in the perfume department, I'm shocked I can't remember the name seeing as he dropped it so much in every presentation. Used to be a perfume buyer for Bidtv then started presenting and loves every single perfume he ever brought to air. He's incredibly camp and a liverpudlian, really very funny at times, but overall appears he would say dogpoop smelled better than Chanel if it would get him a sale. he sold Sexxxxxy Shoooooo many a time on Bidtv which he said some very lovely things about, unluckily I got a chance to smell it when it came to superdrug and let's just say my toilet cleaner is gneuinely 10 times nicer than that.
Sadly he just became so untrustworthy to a lot of Bidtv viewers as every single product he came on with he claimed was THE best he had ever used. Sy-nake venom, then bee venom, then unicorn venom, he would slap them all on his face and claim instant results with an OMG face to rival the best of them. he earned the nicknames of Shylock and shocked-face-sherlock for very good reasons :p
However, all that aside, he is very wtchable and fun, and perhaps with QVC's much stricter guidelines of the schpeels, he will shine. Although sadly for me, his credability went many many yonks ago when he said Sexxxxxy Shoooooo was anything other than 'the worst smell on the planet'.
He has a LOT of facebook fans, so a very shrewd move by QVC snapping him up, most of them would buy urine bottled if he stuck a label with his name on it, for £50 and then claim they had got the bargain of the century.

Let us hope it is just a one off, I can't see Shylock fitting in on QVC.

It surprises me - I thought QVC was all about 'aspiration', however ridiculous that concept is (i.e. buy this overpriced tat and you can have a life just like mine...). But Peter Sherlock! Bit budget for the Q - lowering the tone with his antics. I would have thought he was more Ideal World than QVC - he could have joined Gollum.

IMO on Bid/Sit Up shows Peter S. did fine.

He started as a buyer and then moved into presentation. He did drive some fairly obscure perfume lines, which from the old forum, seemed to draw somewhat mixed reviews.

Peter was actually in the middle of a live pitch when the plug was pulled and Bid ceased broadcasting earlier this year.

However to his credit he was (is still?) a member of this very site and regularly directly corresponded with members here, both fans and foes alike. Good Luck to him on Q.

Last edited:
I have never seen Peter as I don't watch other shopping channels but I wish him good luck too.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

this is what my friend just told me

as apparently he has said

"I'm delighted and thrilled that I'll be joining QVC as one of their beauty experts in the next few weeks. Massively happy. Will keep you updated xxxxx"
Peter Sherlock?? no s...? Whos he when he's at home?

Nooooooo. Peter Sherlock presenting Lalique. Sorry not for me. I know he presented Lalique Amethyst on Bid amongst other perfumes. Sorry the BA for lalique who was at the beauty bash won't be presenting.

Latest posts

Back