Phew! – saved by the P & P costs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scarlethammer

Registered Shopper
Having been taken in by the gnome’s exaggerated (and false) claims in the past, I vowed never to buy anything that the annoying little man would ever again present. I almost re-lapsed this morning when I was considering buying the garden lounger. It was only when I noticed that the p & p was a scandalous £8.95 that I came to my senses and looked on-line and bought a similar one (albeit with no canopy or bag) that was cheaper and had free shipping.
I got to say, today was too close for comfort!

Having been taken in by the gnome’s exaggerated (and false) claims in the past, I vowed never to buy anything that the annoying little man would ever again present. I almost re-lapsed this morning when I was considering buying the garden lounger. It was only when I noticed that the p & p was a scandalous £8.95 that I came to my senses and looked on-line and bought a similar one (albeit with no canopy or bag) that was cheaper and had free shipping.
I got to say, today was too close for comfort!

I bought 2 loungers almost identical to these from B&Q, the only difference was no canopy. The cost for them both what they are charging for one and there was no outrageous p&p. Not sure how this garden gnome gets away with the untruths he tells.

The worst thing about that P&P cost is that they use the most awful courier for those chairs. They've been a TSV this time of year for a few years now and every year they continue to use this delivery company (the name escapes me)

They have no online tracking, you can't rearrange delivery online - you have to phone them! In the 21st century! I had a nightmare with them. When I phoned to rearrange delivery it sounded liked a work experience teenager on the end of the phone, needless to say they didn't follow my instructions to try delivery again the next day. So after a couple of days of this I rang and said I'd pick it up from the depot the next day, when I went to the depot to collect it I was told it was out for delivery :mysmilie_476:

It was over a week until I received the chair, by this time the spell of nice weather had passed and it rained for weeks on end. A comedy of errors.

I do have a couple of these chairs and I think they are great.
Being rather on the large side, I rather pay a little more for quality to take my weight, and I do find these are a bit better made than some of the cheaper ones.
But that postage is ridiculous - I understand they are heavy and courriers charge more to deliver heavy items, but the postage has never been that high in the past and with QVCs bulk buying power, they should be able to get a more competitive price ?

if i am buying a pricey item i want the higher level of service that you just dont get with qvc. with most delivery companies you get a text to confirm delivery and on the day a 4 hour slot. then half an hour before delivery anather call or text. i bought my cooker from curry's. the service was second to none. it was all ordered online. delivered within the week with two men and fitted and connected beautifully.

I think it's pretty obvious that they have just added onto the postage charge to keep the price under £40. As with everything on QVC the p&p doesn't reflect the actual cost of delivery.

Outrageous! Never mind if you want more than one in different colours, it would cost almost £20 in postage, what a rip off.

Don't forget that Royal Mail prices increase from 29th March. I wonder what that will do to Q's charges. I'm off to stock up on stamps next week.

I have noticed that most of the gardening things have a lot of P&P now - far more than there used to be. Plants 2 Gardens were charging £7 or £8 postage for one of their larger plants a couple of weeks ago. I have also noticed that I can buy more or less the same things from either the gardening magazines or the little plant catalogues for the same price or less with only one P&P charge of around £5 for unlimited items. Not bought many plants from QVC this year.

Wasn't tempted by the lounger as I've got a hammock :mysmilie_59:

CC (fancy cow)

P+p is a rip off. In the past I have ignored it especially when impulse buying,the presenters dont exactly draw your attention to it .Now I always add it into the cost before I decide to buy.

I want some new garden chairs but not these as it sounds like you can get similar elsewhere for less.

P+p is a rip off. In the past I have ignored it especially when impulse buying,the presenters dont exactly draw your attention to it .Now I always add it into the cost before I decide to buy.

I want some new garden chairs but not these as it sounds like you can get similar elsewhere for less.
I bought one from Amazon a couple of years ago. I do store it inside in the winter. It is still in excellent condition despite being used by my 100kg OH

I returned something to Q yesterday which they'd charged me £3.95 p&p for and it went back as a large letter, so I even splashed out and sent it 1st in the hopes that my refund would be paid more quickly.

I do what most of us do--use QVC for information & then do a search on line.I did this recently for an Australian Bodycare cream, found it cheaper with free P&P from another company.They will have to stick to ranges which are exclusive to them which is getting less & less in the beauty offers.Unless it is a good value TSV which is not 'bulked out' with products I don't want then free P&P grabs my custom every time.

BUT they will argue you have the 30 day MBG--but on many things that costs a fortune to return anyway!

Latest posts

Back