Plea to smokers....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's just really shoddy isn't it and shockingly bad practice - I mean, what company sends out blatantly used items to customers again? - really, really bad.:down: Agree that it should be complained and reported to the hilt and get it stopped.

That is terrible :angry: QVC should ban customers who return goods in an unsellable condition and what is up with their procedure for checking goods before sending them out to customers??!!!

That is terrible :angry: QVC should ban customers who return goods in an unsellable condition and what is up with their procedure for checking goods before sending them out to customers??!!!

But that's not what the 30 day no quibble MBG represents.

They should check returns more thoroughly though, knowing that an odd item may be "unpleasant" in some way. Most retail shops on the high street and online will resell returns which are in saleable condition (M&S definitely did this when I worked for them). The difference is they will quibble if the item is worn or soiled. QVC don't filter returns and limit them to unworn, labels intact etc so they should increase their checking of returned items. I'd still be miffed to receive a grubby item but if they apologised and owned up to an occasional return slipping through the net I'd have more respect for their integrity than the blanket statement that they don't resell returns.

Tea bags in pockets of returns Ladies! Until we bring them to their knees :devil: LOL!

Jude xx

Received a Ronni Nicole dress this morning - had the sticker with the two bar codes which means it had been returned by someone else already - opened the bag and was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke:angry:. Tried it on and now I can smell the smoke on me. I kid you not - the previous bod must have been chain smoking whilst trying it on. Why can't people have a bit of consideration? Not everyone enjoys the smell of stale smoke.

I've just had a niff of it again this evening to see if it is any better but it's not - I've asked for a returns label as I'm cheesed off that the warehouse didn't notice this when repacking it.

Rant over....

I can understand how cheesed off you are, but your plea shouldn't be aimed at the smokers, it should be at QVC for having a policy wherein a ( person smoker or not) can wear an item for 30 days and then send it back for a refund. It's down to QVC to make sure that if they're going to resell returns that they are in a suitable condition to be sold ie, don't have any damage, stains, or smells whether it be cigarette smoke, or perfume.

Everybody can be inconsiderate, and as an ex smoker I wouldn't have dreamed of trying on an outfit I wasn't sure I was going to keep with a ciggie on the go, however they allow the person to wear the garment to their hearts content wherever they wish...where it's quite likely going to pick up a smoky smell even if the wearer's a non smoker!

So come on, don't be so hard on the smokers, they are people too how ever disgusting you think their habit is!

Everybody can be inconsiderate, and as an ex smoker I wouldn't have dreamed of trying on an outfit I wasn't sure I was going to keep with a ciggie on the go,
however they allow the person to wear the garment to their hearts content wherever they wish...where it's quite likely going to pick up a smoky smell even if the wearer's a non smoker!

So come on, don't be so hard on the smokers, they are people too how ever disgusting you think their habit is![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the houses of some smokers stink of smoke, smokers themselves stink of it even if they are not currently smoking.

It is just a dodgy thing this 30 day mbg.....they should not refund if items are not pristine with labels on just like M&S etc

I can understand how cheesed off you are, but your plea shouldn't be aimed at the smokers, it should be at QVC for having a policy wherein a ( person smoker or not) can wear an item for 30 days and then send it back for a refund. It's down to QVC to make sure that if they're going to resell returns that they are in a suitable condition to be sold ie, don't have any damage, stains, or smells whether it be cigarette smoke, or perfume.

Everybody can be inconsiderate, and as an ex smoker I wouldn't have dreamed of trying on an outfit I wasn't sure I was going to keep with a ciggie on the go, however they allow the person to wear the garment to their hearts content wherever they wish...where it's quite likely going to pick up a smoky smell even if the wearer's a non smoker!

So come on, don't be so hard on the smokers, they are people too how ever disgusting you think their habit is!

i agree merryone, i'm an ex smoker too and you really dont realise when youre doing it.

the fault lies with Q for being tardy.

Just slightly off topic... last night I watched Lily Allen Programme about her new fashion adventure. I simply could not believe what I was watching -- smoking, AND drinking whilst pregnant. Now some say smokers are selfish. THAT in my humble opinion is the epitome of selfishness.

There are few sights worse really than seeing a heavily pregnant women smoking - there is one in the office block next to where I work and she is out there every hour; it makes me really angry but what can be done? It's an addiction that is hard to break and if you can't do it for the health of your unborn child then you are never likely to quit.

Back to my whiffy dress, I emailed the CEO mail address yesterday and have yet to have any response - why am I not surprised?

Is it not funny how quickly smokers have become persona non grata? I thought smoking was addictive? I can not comment no one in my family smoked apart from Grandfather who had a occasional pipe or cigar - I still love to smell that as it reminds me of him. But seriously wonder how difficult it must be to give up smoking? I see the people going out to the road to have their cigarette during break in all weather, and just wonder...... I would def NOT go out in the rain/snow/cold

I really hope you get a full refund and paid returns label AND a full apology - that is totally out of order of them to send that out to you.

It makes me mad when they say, no ENCOURAGE everyone to try it all on, wear it ~(for a month lol), use it etc etc on ALL of their stuff -clothes, make up, earrings (ewwwww) and the rest then they send the returns out again, grrr it's making my blood boil now!!!!

Is it not funny how quickly smokers have become persona non grata? I thought smoking was addictive? I can not comment no one in my family smoked apart from Grandfather who had a occasional pipe or cigar - I still love to smell that as it reminds me of him. But seriously wonder how difficult it must be to give up smoking? I see the people going out to the road to have their cigarette during break in all weather, and just wonder...... I would def NOT go out in the rain/snow/cold

smoking is very addictive and VERY hard to give up for most people. i speak from experience!

Well hello why me.
This is a very familiar sounding story...
exactly the same happened to me a few weeks ago........
you don't think it could possibly be the same dress do u????:mysmilie_466:

I must admit I was beginning to think it was going to b the same one....
but it wasn't.....mine was 145493(sorree can't do wat u did!)......
so I suppose that means even after returning mine they haven't learnt anything and have done it again!!

Latest posts

Back