plus size models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
First of all, let me just say I am not fat shaming, as my own body size ranges - depending on brand, from an 18 to a 24.

I'm just wondering, to be a plus size model, whether they have to retain a certain weight. Having seen both Sophie and Clare (?) wear the Dejour tsv, which didn't do either of them any favours - it just accentuated their backsides when they walked off, but it occurred to me that they are the same size since starting modelling on QVC.

I realise that they represent a good portion of the female population and would be out of work if they lost weight, but for their own health, particularly Sophie who is young but clearly overweight, her health must be worth more than the money she earns.

Yes, we are now in an age where all body shapes are 'celebrated' (if I knew what that meant :rolleyes:), and thankfully we're past seeing only a size 6 on the catwalk, but I think if the backstage stylists just dressed these girls in clothes that actually fitted them instead of them looking like burst sausages, then that would be a start.

First of all, let me just say I am not fat shaming, as my own body size ranges - depending on brand, from an 18 to a 24.

I'm just wondering, to be a plus size model, whether they have to retain a certain weight. Having seen both Sophie and Clare (?) wear the Dejour tsv, which didn't do either of them any favours - it just accentuated their backsides when they walked off, but it occurred to me that they are the same size since starting modelling on QVC.

I realise that they represent a good portion of the female population and would be out of work if they lost weight, but for their own health, particularly Sophie who is young but clearly overweight, her health must be worth more than the money she earns.

Yes, we are now in an age where all body shapes are 'celebrated' (if I knew what that meant :rolleyes:), and thankfully we're past seeing only a size 6 on the catwalk, but I think if the backstage stylists just dressed these girls in clothes that actually fitted them instead of them looking like burst sausages, then that would be a start.
I doubt whether it matters if you're a plus size model for QVC, as according to the presenters & BAs you can get away with sizing up or sizing down in everything. If they don't have the correct size sample, they'll sausage them into whatever's available!
There's so much that irks me about the fashion presentations, obviously seeing plus sized models being stuffed into ill fitting clothes, it's the unflattering colours they choose for them eg, Pig pink leggings. The other thing they do is parade outfits that come in different colours and designs but only show one example on the model, and sometimes it's the same one that the presenter is wearing - not very helpful!

Well, on petite Clare when she models jackets or knitteds the cuffs are always way past her wrists ! I don't think there is any thought whatsoever when dressing these larger models. Its a case of "oh here's a 2XL or size 16, put it on Clare / Sophie, regardless of what it looks like. Making them ponce about with a flower basket doesn't change how it looks.

Do you remember years ago there was a stunning Q model, I think it was Saffie, whose agency dropped her as they considered her a plus size yet if she was a 12 I would have been amazed.

Sophie looks in the prime of good health, but definitely overweight. A guideline is that your waist should measure half your height. So, if she is 5ft 10ins, her ideal waist measurement would be 35ins. The other model, Claire, is extremely top heavy but the clothes fit her on the bust and on the hips.

Sophie looks in the prime of good health, but definitely overweight. A guideline is that your waist should measure half your height. So, if she is 5ft 10ins, her ideal waist measurement would be 35ins. The other model, Claire, is extremely top heavy but the clothes fit her on the bust and on the hips.
It's not very often that Claire gets sent out in an outfit doesn't emphasise her top half. Sometimes when she comes out, her top half looks like an enormous bolster coming towards you. I wish they'd try and find the most flattering outfit for her figure. I'm guessing that Q don't actually sell many clothes that flatter a figure like hers and that her wardrobe and home bears absolutely no resemblance to the things she has to wear at work. I guess it would help someone with a similar figure to decide whether or not that's a look they'd want to achieve. I would like to see Q perhaps employ a more comprehensive selection of models, particularly the plus sized girls. Like everybody else, they come in all shapes and sizes, they're not all boobs and bum, definitely not all 5'8" + and why don't they talk about the girls figures? If it's done right and respectfully, nobody should be offended. All they can say is comments like "Wow" and then it's up to us to decide whether they mean that in a good way or not!

Very true M. Its always "oh Clare looks gorgeous doesn't she", and "and Clare is a High Street 16/18", very true about her bust, and how many who are smaller in height with a full bust, would actually think "wow I can look like that" - I don't think so. I remember Joy who was much taller than Clare but her bust was equally of industrial size, and again she too was put in inappropriate fashion. Joy also had sturdy thighs that filled the screen, so trousers never looked great on her either.

Very true M. Its always "oh Clare looks gorgeous doesn't she", and "and Clare is a High Street 16/18", very true about her bust, and how many who are smaller in height with a full bust, would actually think "wow I can look like that" - I don't think so. I remember Joy who was much taller than Clare but her bust was equally of industrial size, and again she too was put in inappropriate fashion. Joy also had sturdy thighs that filled the screen, so trousers never looked great on her either.
Yes, they are 100% more gushing with their comments when it comes to the plus sized models and it speaks volumes. What are they thinking? - if we say it loud enough and often enough then it will become a reality?
Of course they can't say "****** hell" (a comment I often say out loud) on seeing Claire et al wearing something so crazily wrong for their body shape, or "oh dear"! (another of my utterings). Perhaps if they worked harder behind the scenes then maybe, just maybe they could present the ladies with real, as opposed to faux praise - that is obvious to everyone!

Q need to realise that their plus size customers aren’t young ladies with larger busts but firm toned flesh, they are usually older with saggy boobs and loads of cellulite and muffin tops. Those are the models I would like to see and in my case preferably short. Make that look good and you would have the stuff flying out no matter what the price.

I was more interested in Jenny from together than any other model/BA who appeared on Q as I could get an idea of what it would look like on me.

I doubt whether it matters if you're a plus size model for QVC, as according to the presenters & BAs you can get away with sizing up or sizing down in everything. If they don't have the correct size sample, they'll sausage them into whatever's available!
There's so much that irks me about the fashion presentations, obviously seeing plus sized models being stuffed into ill fitting clothes, it's the unflattering colours they choose for them eg, Pig pink leggings. The other thing they do is parade outfits that come in different colours and designs but only show one example on the model, and sometimes it's the same one that the presenter is wearing - not very helpful!
Pig pink leggings!!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's not very often that Claire gets sent out in an outfit doesn't emphasise her top half. Sometimes when she comes out, her top half looks like an enormous bolster coming towards you. I wish they'd try and find the most flattering outfit for her figure. I'm guessing that Q don't actually sell many clothes that flatter a figure like hers and that her wardrobe and home bears absolutely no resemblance to the things she has to wear at work. I guess it would help someone with a similar figure to decide whether or not that's a look they'd want to achieve. I would like to see Q perhaps employ a more comprehensive selection of models, particularly the plus sized girls. Like everybody else, they come in all shapes and sizes, they're not all boobs and bum, definitely not all 5'8" + and why don't they talk about the girls figures? If it's done right and respectfully, nobody should be offended. All they can say is comments like "Wow" and then it's up to us to decide whether they mean that in a good way or not!

I laughed at your description of Clare. I couldn’t have put it better myself. I’m sure she’s a lovely lady, but her outfits are so wrong, and do nothing for her. I saw her modelling some sandals this week,she was barely able to fasten
the strap across the instep, her feet were squeezed into the open sandals cutting off her circulation.

I laughed at your description of Clare. I couldn’t have put it better myself. I’m sure she’s a lovely lady, but her outfits are so wrong, and do nothing for her. I saw her modelling some sandals this week,she was barely able to fasten
the strap across the instep, her feet were squeezed into the open sandals cutting off her circulation.
Saw that too,it made me feel sick tbh. Must have been painful,honestly the backstage 'style' team want sacking 🙄

Latest posts

Back