Possible QVC Text Scam

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ballerina

Registered Shopper
Hello all. Today I received a text from the QVC order line number 0800 50 40 30 to my mobile phone. The text said that my payment for my recent order had failed and to click the link provided to make payment. I was immediately suspicious, so did not click the link. I checked my bank account and that was all okay, then checked my Q account online and that was all in order as well. I telephoned Q customer services to let them know and to double check that there were no issues with my account and was assured that there were none.

I have sent Q an email because although the rep I spoke to listened to my comments, she did not note them and I didn't feel she was taking seriously. I did say that it may be a phishing scam but as I said, not sure she was really taking it on board.

I just wanted to let you good people know about this mystery text so that you don't click the link and get scammed. xx

Thanks for the heads up, Ballerina.

There’s also one going around that looks as though it’s from the NHS. It tells you that you can book your vaccine or booster. Having had all three of my vaccines when the text arrived I ignored it, especially as the NHS don’t have that phone number. Had I not had my booster I still wouldn’t have clicked on the link. I’d have rung my doctor.

A week after my booster, I did get an email from the NHS telling me that I could book it, but that was genuine. Obviously I didn’t book a fourth jab though. 😉

I got one from Hermes saying they had not been able to deliver my parcel and I had to reschedule my delivery. Obviously I had to click on the link. As I had a couple of parcels due, I did, but they would not deliver until I had put my card number in and paid the money for redelivery (£2.50) and then they would Just steal money from my account. It took me to a website that looked just like Hermes. I redirected the text to Hermes. My parcels were delivered in a couple of days. I hope people don't fall for this. I was silly really as Hermes send me an email to tell me when they are delivering.

I don't get texts, as I do not give my mobile out willy-nilly. Doctor, dentist, council housing department for repairs. Then it is friends only,

I have over the months got loads from RM, Hermes etc about unable to deliver a parcel, very clever since not expecting anything.

On another forum, someone did out of interest click the booster text. Fill in their name as Mickey Mouse and address Disney Florida. Next step was asking for bank details. So the idea of that one is for people to think they have to pay for their jabs and with Omicron many might panic to jump the queue thinking paying will do that.

These assholes scammers are up to everything. Thankfully who did not fall for it.
I was born with a massive sceptic gene & it's sometimes caused offence. The lady who fell for a romance scam & sent £113,000 to a 'charming man' she'd never met, even though her bank & the police told her that she was being duped, must spend every day wishing that she hadn't been so easily conned.

I know that technology is constantly evolving and that scams are getting slicker - but I'm thankful that I've wised myself up hopefully in time, not to be taken in, and I hope that what I've learned stays with me. Anyone can fall foul of tricksters even if they think they're being careful - I've had my credit card company contact me regarding suspicious activity on my card. I made sure that I called the number on the back of my card (very important) and found that somebody in the United States had purchased a computer on my card. Thankfully it was sorted out there and then with no cost or loss of money, and thankfully it hasn't happened since. I am wary of everything now!
Funnily enough I got a Facebook messenger message the other day from a colleague at work who I don't have a lot to do with nowadays because she now works nights so I rarely see her. Back in the day she was part of our social group and I have spoken to her on messenger before but not for some years. The message I received was hi, I know you were looking for this Lynx Africa gift set and I've found it on amazon and underneath was a link. I'm certainly not interested in a Lynx Africa gift set, and even if it was a link to something I was remotely interested me I wouldn't have clicked on it. I also didn't reply to her as it seems evident that she's been hacked..but you really have to be careful!

I’ve had a few emails in the past from friends which start by calling me by name and then there’s an iffy link to click on. I delete the email without clicking on anything and then text them to let them know they’ve been hacked.

Hello all. Today I received a text from the QVC order line number 0800 50 40 30 to my mobile phone. The text said that my payment for my recent order had failed and to click the link provided to make payment. I was immediately suspicious, so did not click the link. I checked my bank account and that was all okay, then checked my Q account online and that was all in order as well. I telephoned Q customer services to let them know and to double check that there were no issues with my account and was assured that there were none.

I have sent Q an email because although the rep I spoke to listened to my comments, she did not note them and I didn't feel she was taking seriously. I did say that it may be a phishing scam but as I said, not sure she was really taking it on board.

I just wanted to let you good people know about this mystery text so that you don't click the link and get scammed. xx
The thing is, there's gonna be a lot of Q customers who will respond to this. I'm serious when I say this, 'cause as we know there's a contingent of fans who are blind to how Q are ripping them off in plain sight. I doubt whether they'll readily spot hidden trickery such as this. For some of them, their purchases are their life, so to read that a payment hasn't gone through could easily send them into blind panic mode, and before they've had a chance to think about it, the link has been opened.
I know this isn't Q's fault, however, it would be nice to think that the operator is taking your call seriously, after all if they don't, it could cause serious ramifications for them. How difficult would it be to report such scams on their website? Even if it was a simple message to tell people if they are they are in any doubt whatsoever about the origins of an text or email purportedly from them, then to ignore/delete it, and to contact them using one of their official channels. You shouldn't have needed to Email them as well - but I'm glad that somebody is bothering, 'cause it doesn't sound as though they are!

Last edited:
One I nearly fell for was a courier company asking for money for a redelivery. I thought angrily for a moment why should I pay for a redelivery. Obviously it was a hoax. And don't get me started on the Indian call centres phoning. I just put the phone down. If I ma feeling really fussed I will string them along then cut off the phone

One I nearly fell for was a courier company asking for money for a redelivery. I thought angrily for a moment why should I pay for a redelivery. Obviously it was a hoax. And don't get me started on the Indian call centres phoning. I just put the phone down. If I ma feeling really fussed I will string them along then cut off the phone
Yes, we get those calls from abroad, all with Indian accents called Joe or Sam or Carol or Gill. Phone down straight away. Most ones we get say our Amazon Prime account is about to be shut down unless we pay 76, not pounds or dollars just seventy six. We don't even have an Amazon Prime account.

I think most of us are savvy enough not to get caught out but some older folk not too internet savvy could get caught by bogus links (thinking of my late father).

However those who ”fall” for young men or even worse those who think there is free money are just plain stupid and above all greedy knobs who deserve all they get. The old Nigerian thing has been around for 30 years so should be well known by now and they are all just variations of that.

Its not all bad theres fun to be had with these "hoax" phone calls. You can string them along for as long as you like thats fun because they think you have taken the "bait". I am quite good at accents. Well I think I am and talk back to them in a poor version of themselves. If I am in a bad mood I just tell them to ...... off! All good for stress!

Its not all bad theres fun to be had with these "hoax" phone calls. You can string them along for as long as you like thats fun because they think you have taken the "bait". I am quite good at accents. Well I think I am and talk back to them in a poor version of themselves. If I am in a bad mood I just tell them to ...... off! All good for stress!
The problem with this is. Then sell your phone numbers on and on and on and on. Once they get someone to answer. I found that once you do not answer after a few days they totally stop and I might get another months later but do the same and silence.

I have caller display and do not answer numbers I do not recognize. They sometimes actually use real local phone numbers. Back in September Sunday morning I got a call it was a local Belfast number, but I didn't answer, and they left no message. So decided to ring the number and a man did answer, I asked him who he was, and he was, but you rang me? So I explained and he and his wife had not used the phone that morning at all. Another one that looked like a local number I redialled, and no dial tone even came up. Strangely it rang me again a week later, so I just ignored it.

I refuse to download the Whatsapp on my phone as so many scams on that. I still have Skype and the only person I talk to is my big brother in Canada. But, I was always getting requests from miliary men wanting to chat with me. Of course all had higher ranks never got a private. I blocked them. As the oh I am in Iraq etc and need money scam was always doing the rounds from women who had fallen for it in the papers. On Facebook I have had to contact one of my cousins a few times telling her she had her account hacked. I was getting weird messages from her and knew it was not really her.

I got one from Hermes saying they had not been able to deliver my parcel and I had to reschedule my delivery. Obviously I had to click on the link. As I had a couple of parcels due, I did, but they would not deliver until I had put my card number in and paid the money for redelivery (£2.50) and then they would Just steal money from my account. It took me to a website that looked just like Hermes. I redirected the text to Hermes. My parcels were delivered in a couple of days. I hope people don't fall for this. I was silly really as Hermes send me an email to tell me when they are delivering.
Hermes tracking site says they will never ask you to pay for a delivery. If we missed a delivery they have left a card saying they will deliver the next day.

I would have asked for their fraud department contact details. It surely must be in their best interests to ensure that people have confidence in them.

only 2 people at my work know my mobile number and i wasn’t pleased I had to give it out to them!

I use my land line for everything other than texts and Mr L.

A very famous scam which has popped up on the Moneysaving site again this year.

Without fail each year, threads appear about buying a IPad, Xbox or some other electronic everyone wants. Of course sold out massive demand and the stores cannot get the stock to meet demand. So these websites pop up saying guaranteed delivery before Xmas and also a good price(the last one is the bait), people just buy and delivery is usually 10 days and usually a set date when item will arrive. Of course, it never does and the website disappears. These scammers even put up fake reviews on Trustpilot making them seem okay. It is only when the time has passed and no items the real reviews start.

I remember last year, I think it was an Iphone? But this man posted and kept insisting his would turn up, he was given different dates when that date his was due and did not arrive. Quite a few others who must have googled came on to the thread saying they had the same experience and admitted it was a scam. But he just knew his would arrive. No.

Latest posts

Back