Presenter blogs - catherine huntley.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yes, cougar :sun:

More like Bagpuss :devil:

bagpuss.jpg

Wasn't meant to specifically use your post Vampy, just find the cougar thing a crappy term in general tbh. My apologies.

I hate crappy labels too. The one that really annoys me is when people refer to my husband as my Toy Boy. I find it both childish and insulting. Even people whom I have judged to be intelligent, have surprised me by using the term, usually accompanied by a lewd wink.Where do we read of Toy Girls? Why am I somehow predatory but the guy with the much younger girlfriend is just "lucky". It's not as if I had to drug and kidnap my man, he was quite willing...:confused:

Many women may object to the term cougar but don't mind referring to men who have younger partners as "dirty old men". More double standards. It's like those vile old bags on Loose Women going on about equality and stereotyping blah blah *yawn* blah whilst at the same time taking every opportunity to drag on a half dressed male model. If a male oriented lunchtime talk show did that with bikini clad bimbos women would be up in arms (not that such a program would ever be allowed to make it to air). I can think of worse terms to use than cougar, several actually.

I have to agree with Burlz: women have fought for years for parity with men, to do away with the unfairness of differing pay scales, to get the ****** hard work that is involved in running homes and bringing up kids recognised, and to have more options in their lives than just marriage and maternity.

And what has been the result of the feminist fight? Men are emasculated and women are behaving towards them just as men acted towards their mothers and grandmothers, while at the same time demanding to be treated as "ladies".

Now, revenge may be sweet, but that's not what feminism was supposed to be about. And older people drooling over some semi-clothed, barely legal braindead "model" isn't classy no matter what gender the older drooler or the younger bimbo happen to be.

And I doubt Emily Pankhurst would be impressed with the rise in "ladette" behaviour. I wonder just what she'd make of the ever-fragrant Katie Price/Jordan...

Oh yes: does anyone else think that Loose Women is not the greatest of titles for a show aimed at "ladies of a certain age"? :cheeky:

Last edited:
Loose Women - a bunch of hard-faced, shrill, over-paid females who appear to be dis-satisfied with their own lives.

I LOATHE Loose Women, it's a ridiculous programme that seems to exist to demeen men in every shape and form. They're so childish.
I also hate the way that men are portrayed in adverts on tv and most often in soaps too. Men and boys are so often portrayed as idiots with the woman always gaining the upper hand, look at birthday cards for kids too, the girls are always portrayed as lovely little pink princesses and the boys as smelly little articles with frogs in their pockets.......it starts young. It's no wonder that a lot of teenage boys are angry when they're constantly being held up as 2nd class citizens:wonder:

We've got 7 kids, 4 boys and 3 girls and both the sexes are wonderful and contribute equally to life and society.

Sorry to witter on........I'm tired and should be in bed!:sun:

Latest posts

Back